I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Eels play the Dogs this weekend and the possibility of a Dogs win is high, so I will need beer, and lots of it, to get through it - if it goes that way. I would, of course, prefer to have a few celebratory ales over a victory from the Mighty Eels instead. :)

Drinks with a long time friend I haven't seen in a couple of years tonight, and guess what Ale the pub sells where we are going. Yep - Speckled Hen and Timothy Taylors Landlord as well. I can feel a very bad head coming on tomorrow morning.

A cold 30 pack of Coors Extra Gold has been loaded into the RV fridge and we're ready for our weekend getaway. Type to y'alls on Monday. (Tips hat, exits)

...Budweiser is complete and total sh*t ! Funny how so many are willing to accept piss for beer."King of Beers" ? or the beer for queers?....If it were a 100 degree day and i saw an iced cold Bud and an ice cold Hamms,id go for that cheap ass Hamms in a heartbeat......................No,actually i think id go for a Jack and Coke.

Amen to that, Budweiser is absolute shit beer. Did you ever notice that people that are Bud drinkers will not touch anything else? Meanwhile, those that drink Coors, Miller, Busch, Old Swill, whatever, can always reach into a cooler and usually drink whatever they come up with...unless it's Budweiser. It's gotta be the rice in Bud that causes that major like/dislike.

522_flip3bud.jpg

Backed...it's the Rice...I hate BUTTWIPER :puke:

A cold 30 pack of Coors Extra Gold has been loaded into the RV fridge and we're ready for our weekend getaway. Type to y'alls on Monday. (Tips hat, exits)

Great Choice Keef...Hope ya have a great time!!!! :drink:

Got a slab of Tasman Bitter today to try which is a beer from Tasmania and it is not a bad drop at all and then to top it off, the missus came home from shopping with another slab of Carlton Cold.

So the fridge is pretty full with a good variety at the moment of VB's , Tasman's and Coldies and not much room for food :lol:

I cleaned my garage for the big family pig roast next Saturday. Also I was able to get the vehicle washed inside and out and waxed. Gotta get ready for winter....I was able to manage a few brews here and there too.

I had a Great night last night. I was supposed to work the whole weekend but my little brother's bachelor party was yesterday so I luckily found someone to work for me. Got out at around 5pm to the hotel, met the guys and tipped back several cold ones while watching some college football and visiting. There was a bus coming to pick up the group around 9pm to go bar hopping but since I had to be up at 6am I was going to skip that part.

Around 8:30pm I stepped outside for some fresh air and heard a wonderful sound...Dokken was playing across the street! I had pretty much forgotten that they, Great White, and RATT were playing in town last night. I ran in and grabbed the other guy into 80's rock and told him we were hitting that ASAP! We jumped in the car and parked around the back of the stadium where there was a large door sitting wide open leading behind the stage. We figured "what the hell" and started wandering on in. We were about halfway across the field when a yard dog stopped us and asked for our backstage passes. We played dumb and told him we were lost and were trying to get around to the crowd. He didn't buy that ( :lol: ) and sent us on our way. We went around front and bought some general admission passes that were $25 just to see RATT since the other 2 bands were done (damn I wanted to see Dokken!). So after we got our tickets we were supposed to go into the stands and sit in our assigned seats and not out to the grounds. Those tickets were $45 and I wasn't going to pay that. So we just start wandering to the grounds and notice there are 2 guys checking to see if you had your glowing wrist band showing you paid for your $45 ticket. I thought "oh shit" but we just kept on walking. We got to the security table and the rock gods must have smiled upon me because one of the guys looks at us and says "I know these two are ok" and waves us through! :beerbang:

Next thing I know we are three rows back from the stage and RATT comes on. The band looked great and sounded fantastic. I don't know what kind of diet Stephen Pearcy is on but the guy looks almost anorexic skinny. His voice was in top form though and the setlist absolutely kicked ass!! They played songs from almost all their albums including 3 songs from their S/T debut ep and I about fell over when they played "City to City". I love that song but never expected to hear it live. One Spinal Tap moment was near the end of the show when Pearcy yells out to the crowd "Light 'em up Cheyenne!" :yikes: Umm, I think we were actually in Sioux Falls but what the hell, we had a good laugh about that. Great freakin' night but my head is paying for it this morning. :wacko:

I had a Great night last night. I was supposed to work the whole weekend but my little brother's bachelor party was yesterday so I luckily found someone to work for me. Got out at around 5pm to the hotel, met the guys and tipped back several cold ones while watching some college football and visiting. There was a bus coming to pick up the group around 9pm to go bar hopping but since I had to be up at 6am I was going to skip that part.

Around 8:30pm I stepped outside for some fresh air and heard a wonderful sound...Dokken was playing across the street! I had pretty much forgotten that they, Great White, and RATT were playing in town last night. I ran in and grabbed the other guy into 80's rock and told him we were hitting that ASAP! We jumped in the car and parked around the back of the stadium where there was a large door sitting wide open leading behind the stage. We figured "what the hell" and started wandering on in. We were about halfway across the field when a yard dog stopped us and asked for our backstage passes. We played dumb and told him we were lost and were trying to get around to the crowd. He didn't buy that ( :lol: ) and sent us on our way. We went around front and bought some general admission passes that were $25 just to see RATT since the other 2 bands were done (damn I wanted to see Dokken!). So after we got our tickets we were supposed to go into the stands and sit in our assigned seats and not out to the grounds. Those tickets were $45 and I wasn't going to pay that. So we just start wandering to the grounds and notice there are 2 guys checking to see if you had your glowing wrist band showing you paid for your $45 ticket. I thought "oh shit" but we just kept on walking. We got to the security table and the rock gods must have smiled upon me because one of the guys looks at us and says "I know these two are ok" and waves us through! :beerbang:

Next thing I know we are three rows back from the stage and RATT comes on. The band looked great and sounded fantastic. I don't know what kind of diet Stephen Pearcy is on but the guy looks almost anorexic skinny. His voice was in top form though and the setlist absolutely kicked ass!! They played songs from almost all their albums including 3 songs from their S/T debut ep and I about fell over when they played "City to City". I love that song but never expected to hear it live. One Spinal Tap moment was near the end of the show when Pearcy yells out to the crowd "Light 'em up Cheyenne!" :yikes: Umm, I think we were actually in Sioux Falls but what the hell, we had a good laugh about that. Great freakin' night but my head is paying for it this morning. :wacko:

Sounds like you had a great time, that's cool. I'm actually having 1 beer at approx. 9:44 am pacific time (with some leftover calzone for breakfast). I like beer.

If you're serious about beer you may know about this, or at least know of the memorialized individual.

If not, you'll probably make a bad joke about the king of pop... ;)

I'll be heading to the liquor store at some point to find the perfect choice to honor the dead... :beerbang:

If you're serious about beer you may know about this, or at least know of the memorialized individual.

I'll be heading to the liquor store at some point to find the perfect choice to honor the dead... :beerbang:

I seen this on Beer Advocate....don't know who he is,but hell..he liked beer,and thats all that matters.

Um...didn't I post about this guy in this very thread over a week ago?? :blink:

Um, yea, I did! :lol:

Beer critic Michael Jackson dies

By THOMAS WAGNER, Associated Press Writer

Fri Aug 31, 10:00 AM ET

LONDON - Michael Jackson, a leading world beer critic who praised the brews of Belgium and acknowledged he would never be as famous as "that Michael Jackson," has died. He was 65.

Jackson, known as "the beer hunter," died Thursday of a heart attack at his home in west London. His body was found by his house cleaner, Paddy Gunningham, his long-term partner, said Friday.

She said he had kept writing and traveling, despite suffering from Parkinson's disease, and that he planned to write a book about the ailment.

"He was simply the best beer writer we've ever known," said Tim Hampson, chairman of the British Guild of Beer Writers. "He told wonderful stories about beer, breweries and far away places. He told the story of beer through people, and he was humorous and erudite at the same time," Hampson told The Associated Press.

Jackson especially loved Belgian brews. His books "The Great Beers of Belgium" and "World Guide to Beer" introduced them to many export markets, including the United States.

By identifying beers by their flavors and styles, and by pairing them with particular foods and dishes, Jackson helped give birth to a renaissance of interest in beer and breweries worldwide that began in the 1970s, including the North American microbrewery movement.

His TV documentary series, "The Beer Hunter" - which popularized his nickname - was filmed around the world and shown in 15 countries.

He worked as a beer critic for more than 30 years, writing in newspapers and gastronomic magazines, holding seminars and giving speeches, appearing on U.S. talk shows and writing books about beer and whiskeys published in 18 languages.

Jackson knew he would never be as famous as Michael Jackson the rock star, and that was reflected on the beer critic's Web site. "Hello, my name is Michael Jackson. No, not that Michael Jackson, but I am on a world tour. My tour is in pursuit of exceptional beer. That's why they call me the Beer Hunter," it says.

LONDON - Michael Jackson, a leading world beer critic who praised the brews of Belgium and acknowledged he would never be as famous as "that Michael Jackson," has died. He was 65.

Jackson, known as "the beer hunter," died Thursday of a heart attack at his home in west London. His body was found by his house cleaner, Paddy Gunningham, his long-term partner, said Friday.

She said he had kept writing and traveling, despite suffering from Parkinson's disease, and that he planned to write a book about the ailment.

"He was simply the best beer writer we've ever known," said Tim Hampson, chairman of the British Guild of Beer Writers. "He told wonderful stories about beer, breweries and far away places. He told the story of beer through people, and he was humorous and erudite at the same time," Hampson told The Associated Press.

Jackson especially loved Belgian brews. His books "The Great Beers of Belgium" and "World Guide to Beer" introduced them to many export markets, including the United States.

By identifying beers by their flavors and styles, and by pairing them with particular foods and dishes, Jackson helped give birth to a renaissance of interest in beer and breweries worldwide that began in the 1970s, including the North American microbrewery movement.

His TV documentary series, "The Beer Hunter" - which popularized his nickname - was filmed around the world and shown in 15 countries.

He worked as a beer critic for more than 30 years, writing in newspapers and gastronomic magazines, holding seminars and giving speeches, appearing on U.S. talk shows and writing books about beer and whiskeys published in 18 languages.

Jackson knew he would never be as famous as Michael Jackson the rock star, and that was reflected on the beer critic's Web site. "Hello, my name is Michael Jackson. No, not that Michael Jackson, but I am on a world tour. My tour is in pursuit of exceptional beer. That's why they call me the Beer Hunter," it says.

Keith do you ever get the feeling that nobody is listening to you? :whistle:

Did somebody say something? :unsure:

Kidding brother... I'm a dipshit, sorry about that! :anon:

I'll have a beer in your honor as well. :drink:

Note to self: Read, THEN post...

Keith do you ever get the feeling that nobody is listening to you? :whistle:

Dude, I'm married and I have two kids. NOBODY listens to me. Not even the dog. Why do you think I drink so much beer? :crying:

Keef, how was the Camping outing?

The camping outing was quite nice... drank plenty o-beer, lit stuff on fire, and the kids got so much fresh mountain air that they were well pooped out by 8 PM both nights. Even the little guy almost (note I said "almost") slept thru the entire night so I wasn't too sleep deprived. Now that we're back home, tho, it's right back to the "baby's wide awake at 3 AM and ready to party" crapola. :blink:

On a somewhat related note, I bought a 30 pack of Coors Extra Gold for said camping trip, it wasn't till I was on my 5th or 6th of those one night that I noticed they've changed the label on that one, the Coors name is nowhere to be found on it anymore. It's now simply "Extra Gold Lager." When did that sh*t happen? :blink: