I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a public service to everyone on this board who likes beer (and I know we are legion), I present this amazing link:

http://www.beermapping.com

This site contains detailed maps and locations of beer breweries, brewpubs, and other places to get yo'drink on for a variety of cities. Perfect site for planning your trip come vacation time, I'd say... :chug:

What? No "The Corner Tavern" in good ol' downtown West Milton, Ohio?????? :lol:

big town, USA :woot:

As a public service to everyone on this board who likes beer (and I know we are legion), I present this amazing link:

http://www.beermapping.com

This site contains detailed maps and locations of beer breweries, brewpubs, and other places to get yo'drink on for a variety of cities. Perfect site for planning your trip come vacation time, I'd say... :chug:

What? No "The Corner Tavern" in good ol' downtown West Milton, Ohio?????? :lol:

big town, USA :woot:

I live about a mile from the Red Hook brewery/restaurant in Woodinville, WA. Carlos always gets the beer sampler and I end up having to drive home. :P Then he refills his grinder from Mac & Jack's in Redmond (unfiltered African Amber). Everyone says it's great, so I'll take their word for it. I hate beer! :puke:

I hate beer! :puke:

:yikes: You HATE beer? But..but... beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!

:yikes: You HATE beer? But..but... beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!

OMG!!!! I'm in shock..........someone get me a beer!

As much as I hate to say it, beer has been removed from the menu for now.

1st you quit drinking soda and now you quit drinking beer. :baneed::P

Sweets and sugars gone too. Don't throw a brother to the wolves. There is a certain sugary breakfast cereal I am really craving though. In fact I am koo koo for one.

Sweets and sugars gone too. Don't throw a brother to the wolves. There is a certain sugary breakfast cereal I am really craving though. In fact I am koo koo for one.

I was just joking Jason, so I'm not throwing you to the wolves brother.

Just curious though is this something you want to do or is it something that you have to do?

Just curious though is this something you want to do or is it something that you have to do?

Something I want to do. Sometimes I feel every day as old as my 37 years man. Call it an inspiration.

OMG!!!! I'm in shock..........someone get me a beer!

He also made Southern Comfort and Absolut... :P

Something I want to do. Sometimes I feel every day as old as my 37 years man. Call it an inspiration.

You sure it wasn't Eric Brittingham that made you stop?

I heard that the Naked Beggars use subliminal messages in their music. ;)

You sure it wasn't Eric Brittingham that made you stop?

I heard that the Naked Beggars use subliminal messages in their music. ;)

Eric Brittingham was my inspiration. ;)

I just spent the last 3 and 1/2 weeks tasting the delights of Thailand and I am very impressed. Singa beer in the more popular, and very nice, but I was hooked on Chang beer. I drunk an ocean full of that stuff - loved it. 6.5% alcohol too, which was pretty impressive. I miss it already. :( Happy Hour was lethal. But awesome.

I just spent the last 3 and 1/2 weeks tasting the delights of Thailand and I am very impressed. Singa beer in the more popular, and very nice, but I was hooked on Chang beer. I drunk an ocean full of that stuff - loved it. 6.5% alcohol too, which was pretty impressive. I miss it already. :( Happy Hour was lethal. But awesome.

6.5%!!!!!

I think I got a buzz from just reading that. ;)

I just picked up some Sam Adams: Boston Lager.

6.5% beer? God damn!

You up for a trip to Thailand, Wes?

6.5% beer? God damn!

You up for a trip to Thailand, Wes?

One word.........YES.

I might need a few days to rest after nickel beer night though.

What's the standard for you guys in the US? We're roughly 5% here in Australia (I guess you're the same?) but yeah, the 6.5% is excellent... and you really notice it too. Let me know when you guys are going and I'll join you if that's cool... I'd go back anytime. :D

Depending on the beer, American brew can be anywhere from 3.2 to 4 or 5%...which is why so many foreign bands, when they tour the US, complain about how our beer is like piss compared to what they can get at home!!

Depending on the beer, American brew can be anywhere from 3.2 to 4 or 5%...which is why so many foreign bands, when they tour the US, complain about how our beer is like piss compared to what they can get at home!!

Wow, sorry to hear that mate. Surely 5% should be the legal bare minimum.

Wow, sorry to hear that mate. Surely 5% should be the legal bare minimum.

I'm no expert but I believe I read somewhere that the major US brands like Miller High Life or Budweiser (which inexplicably is the most popular beer in America, bar none) are 3.5 or 4%, tops... there are lots of craft & microbrews that, of course, crank it up a little bit higher, needless to say those are the ones I like best. :) I never drink Budweiser unless it's offered to me free.

Yes, and then there's Jersey...

Beer!

BTW, Guinness is less than 4.0% if I'm not mistaken, although most people believe it to be really high in alcohol.

• 4 weeks later...

One of my co-workers in Editorial received this press release in her e-mail today ... sounds like a load of B.S. to me, but still, what a great idea!! This book is gonna make a zillion bucks! :chug:

Beer Drinker's Diet Book Building Devoted Followers

At first glance, the title "The Beer Drinker's Diet" may appear to be a comedy book, but

glancing through a few pages of Bradley Scott Cailor's new book, you quickly realize that

this is a very serious book for the thousands of people who want to lose weight, while

enjoying life.

In an interview with Mr. Cailor, we asked why one should read the book and what makes

it so different than others he replied:

"Most weight-loss books said that I could not drink beer while on a 'diet.' With this

disparaging premise in mind, I have steadfastly tried to get around this issue by trying literally

every 'diet' and 'diet pill' imaginable over the course of 25 years. Frustrated by gimmicky

diets, dangerous pills, and senseless diet books, I was so tired of failure that I had to take

matters into my own hands in a monumental quest to find what diet plan truly works."

"In a common-sense manner, this book summarizes every proven principle from literally

every diet plan and book into one complete and thoroughly tested guide that has been

proven to work by real people. It is passionately written by an "actual writer" from the

unique perspective of 'one regular person to another,' as I have been there, too!"

Cailor's book is an interesting and motivating read. His techniques transformed his body,

losing over 110 pounds of fat and flab.

New York Times best-selling author Ellen Tanner Marsh commented;

"For anyone seeking a health program that really works, The Beer Drinker's Diet is a

motivating and significant book."

The Columbus Dispatch stated,

"The author also shows you step-by-step & pound-by-pound how he lost 114 pounds

of fat while enjoying life...he even analyzes-in great detail-why each of his previous 25

years of diet attempts failed! We learn from his real-life trial & error why "miracle pills"

and "fad diets" do NOT work ...the author has tested all of these gimmicks, diets and

pills for us. No Other Diet Book Does This! Beer is his symbol for any favorite food or

drink that must be embraced to diet successfully."

Mr. Cailor's website, http://www.TheBeerDrinkersDiet.com contains testimonials

and reviews of his book, which is surely to gain a huge following as it's notice and popularity

rises.

The Beer Drinker's Diet is on sale through Amazon.com and offers a 100% guarantee,

something seldom seen with book publishers.

Bradley ended the interview with, "Enjoy beer, enjoy life, it all works on this diet, as you

really won't be using this dirty little four-letter word ever again."

Read more about this innovative diet at http://www.TheBeerDrinkersDiet.com

About the author:

Bradley Scott Cailor is a resident of Dublin, Ohio, has a degree in health education and

has served many years as a personal trainer.