I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

lSpatenOctoberfestBottle.jpg

Has anyone else tried this brew? I'm pretty sure it's the one I tried at Fishbonz in Tulsa. It was one of the best brews I have ever had. The other Oktoberfest from Spaten wasn't near as good. I really need to find a 6 pack of that. The mystery of what I drank that night has bothered me for a while. I'm glad I finally did a search to find out.

Spaten is a classic German beer and all of their styles are pretty damn good, personally I'm more of a Hacker-Pschorr fan though, this one in particular:

HackerPschorrDunkelWeisse.gif

I've had that brand before and I remember liking it quite a bit but can't remember if it was the dark or a different flavor.

Haven't tried the Spaten Oktoberfest, but I've had this brew called the Optimator from Spaten a few times...mmm goood....

spatenoptimator.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

germany_spaten.jpg

The more I thought about it the more I started to think it was the Oktoberfest in the green bottles. I decided to take a trip to a part of Lewisville I hadn't been to. I went to the liquor store Goody Goody and bought some. I also bought some Leinenkugel wheat beer since it was on sale. I haven't even finished one bottle of the Oktoberfest and I already feel fuzzy. It's dang good stuff.

Oh wow, I forgot all about this, but for Christmas I got a six-pack of a Czech beer and two six-packs of mixed beers from freakin' everywhere! I can't wait to relish each one. I've had a couple of the Czech ones so far - not bad.

• My Little Pony
Oh wow, I forgot all about this, but for Christmas I got a six-pack of a Czech beer and two six-packs of mixed beers from freakin' everywhere! I can't wait to relish each one. I've had a couple of the Czech ones so far - not bad.

Which Czech ones?

My weekend is looking great all of a sudden. My awesome Dad just sent me a box (24 bottles) of fine worldwide ales that contains the following.

USA: Genesis Cream Ale 5.1% (x4)

USA: Honey Brown 4.5% (x4)

Indonesia: Bintang 4.8% (x4)

Sweden: Stockholm Fine Festival (a mighty 7.2%) (x4)

Argentina: Patagonia 4.5% (x4)

Chile: Kross Pilsner 4.9% (x4)

I shall report back :drink:

My weekend is looking great all of a sudden. My awesome Dad just sent me a box (24 bottles) of fine worldwide ales that contains the following.

USA: Honey Brown 4.5% (x4)

Indonesia: Bintang 4.8% (x4)

Sweden: Stockholm Fine Festival (a mighty 7.2%) (x4)

Argentina: Patagonia 4.5% (x4)

Chile: Kross Pilsner 4.9% (x4)

I shall report back :drink:

Go easy on that lot - you don't want to have to rely on Jo manhandling your crutch(es) for you :lol:

Genesee Cream Ale? I wouldn't say "fine", but you're in for an experience. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesee_Cream_Ale

Genesee Cream Ale? I wouldn't say "fine", but you're in for an experience. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesee_Cream_Ale

I just had a bottle. This ain't creamy and it ain't ale in my book!!. More like a bog standard lager you get over here. 3 more bottles of this to go - ouch!!!

Bwahahahaha, that hardly seems fair, Jez. Merrie Olde sends us Speckled Hen and the Colonies send back Genesee Cream Ale?? :rofl:

I used to love that stuff by the way. I've probably told this story before but I knew a guy who went to college at the Rochester Institute of Technology in upstate New York (same city where Genesee's brewery is located) and he told me "If you ever saw the river they get their water from to brew that beer, you'd never drink it again" :lol: I have yet to visit Rochester though so I still have a Genny Cream Ale occasionally.

Bwahahahaha, that hardly seems fair, Jez. Merrie Olde sends us Speckled Hen and the Colonies send back Genesee Cream Ale?? :rofl:

I used to love that stuff by the way. I've probably told this story before but I knew a guy who went to college at the Rochester Institute of Technology in upstate New York (same city where Genesee's brewery is located) and he told me "If you ever saw the river they get their water from to brew that beer, you'd never drink it again" :lol: I have yet to visit Rochester though so I still have a Genny Cream Ale occasionally.

Haha, that river (and the accompanying city of Rochester) are both pretty crappy... I'd still drink the beer if it was free though... Genny Cream, hell yeah! That's a true American beer experience for ya Jez! :beerbang:

Haha, that river (and the accompanying city of Rochester) are both pretty crappy... I'd still drink the beer if it was free though... Genny Cream, hell yeah! That's a true American beer experience for ya Jez! :beerbang:

And one I will truly forget mate, Thanx a fucking lot! :lol:

One US beer disaster down and one to go - WTF Is the 'Honey Brown' like ?- can't wait to try this!! :unsure:

I think you'll like the Honey Brown better than the Genesee Cream Ale, Jez... but then, I actually LIKE Genny Cream Ale, so obviously my opinion most likely amounts to "bollocks" (as you might say)

One US beer disaster down and one to go - WTF Is the 'Honey Brown' like ?- can't wait to try this!! :unsure:

Almost as crappy as the Genny Cream, enjoy!

I'm having an Indonesian 'Bintang' instead. Or is that 'Poontang' - I can't read the label. :D

Fuck me - has anyone got any decent beer. Indonesian beer is shit aswell. I've seen more head on a dutch whore!!

I am starting to see why my Dad sent me all this -'Cos it's shite! :lol:

Fuck me - has anyone got any decent beer. Indonesian beer is shit aswell. I've seen more head on a dutch whore!!

Look at it this way... it'll make those Speckled Hens taste so much better when you get back to'em. :chug:

Look at it this way... it'll make those Speckled Hens taste so much better when you get back to'em. :chug:

And that will be very quickly at this rate.

When I come over there in the summer, you better be serving up some better stuff than this, otherwise there will be a mini riot going down. :D

And that will be very quickly at this rate.

When I come over there in the summer, you better be serving up some better stuff than this, otherwise there will be a mini riot going down. :D

Shoot... and here I was keeping a keg of Pabst Blue Ribbon cold down in the cellar just for this occasion!

Fuck me - has anyone got any decent beer. Indonesian beer is shit aswell. I've seen more head on a dutch whore!! :lol:

I didn't even know they made beer in that country... don't they cut your hands off if you consume alcohol, or stone you to death?? :lol:

There's probably a reason why Indonesia is rarely mentioned as one of the great beer-brewing nations... <_<

Fuck me - has anyone got any decent beer. Indonesian beer is shit aswell. I've seen more head on a dutch whore!! :lol:

I didn't even know they made beer in that country... don't they cut your hands off if you consume alcohol, or stone you to death?? :lol:

There's probably a reason why Indonesia is rarely mentioned as one of the great beer-brewing nations... <_<

I've got Chile and Argentina coming up - Pray for me!! :lol: