I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

Some nice choices there...Great Lakes and Flying Dog make a great brew.I hope you enjoy your entry into the "Beer Club".... :drink:

Thanks! My buddy Denny and I went out this weekend and there's a new bar around us that has a ton of beers. He joined this "Around the World" beer drinker club. I'm not quite as adventurous as he, but maybe I'll get halfway 'round the world (BFS). lol

I've heard good things about Great Lakes. Looking forward to trying this stuff (and lots of the others I saw there).

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotta say, not super enthused with my two choices last night: the Pumpkin Ale wasn't bad at all, but nothing I feel the need to try again. The Garde Dog just didn't go down smooth. Don't know if I need to develop a palate for it or not, but I'm thinking maybe it's just meant to be me and Coors Light.

I'll sample again during my fantasy draft tonight and hope it goes better.

Gotta say, not super enthused with my two choices last night: the Pumpkin Ale wasn't bad at all, but nothing I feel the need to try again. The Garde Dog just didn't go down smooth. Don't know if I need to develop a palate for it or not, but I'm thinking maybe it's just meant to be me and Coors Light.

If you make it to Dakota Rockfest next year there'll be plenty of Coors Light to go around. :drink:

If you make it to Dakota Rockfest next year there'll be plenty of Coors Light to go around. :drink:

Rock music and Coors Light; sounds like home! :drink:

Rock music and Coors Light; sounds like home! :drink:

Maybe they can get Z02 to play next year. :tumbsup:

That is as long as they don't invite Joan Rivers. :lol:

• 2023 Gold Donors
...haven't had a beer in awhile,been drinking alot of wine lately.

What's yer poison, I'm a bit of a wine drinker myself.

Merlot,Cabernet,Dry red italian,Gerwurztraminer,German kabinett,Medoc,champagne,Riesling etc etc...like to have some red wine at night-puts me right out. :tumbsup:

Merlot,Cabernet,Dry red italian,Gerwurztraminer,German kabinett,Medoc,champagne,Riesling etc etc...like to have some red wine at night-puts me right out. :tumbsup:

I've never been a big fan of dry wine.

Being from Illinois I'm used to all the winery's there that have more sweet and semi-sweet wines.

I can drink the dry but prefer the semi-sweet stuff.

Being from Illinois I'm used to all the winery's there that have more sweet and semi-sweet wines.

Girly man... ;)

I'm mainly a dry red wine guy, but damned if I don't like Gerwurtztraminer as well, that stuff is awesome. Wes, you might like that, it's not sweet per se, but it's pretty fruity... yeah, yeah, bring on the comments... <_<

;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Girly man... ;)

I'm mainly a dry red wine guy, but damned if I don't like Gerwurtztraminer as well, that stuff is awesome. Wes, you might like that, it's not sweet per se, but it's pretty fruity... yeah, yeah, bring on the comments... <_<

;)

Gerwurtztraminer goes nice with chinese...Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz etc..love wine.

Girly man... ;)

;)

I can't drink as much of the sweet stuff as my wife but I don't mind it in small doses.

I much prefer the middle ground between dry and sweet.

When we were still in Illinois we used to have wine tasting parites and that was always fun.

Everyone brought a bottle and a appetizer. All bottles were opened up and everyone tried whatever they wanted.

So Pete are we drinking wine at DRF next year instead of Guiness? :tumbsup:

I like my red wine quite a bit, brought on by living in France for a couple of years, but I really have got into drinking Port recently - any other takers?

I like my red wine quite a bit, brought on by living in France for a couple of years, but I really have got into drinking Port recently - any other takers?

No on the Port but if I'm gonna drink some dry wine it's gotta be a good Merlot or a nice Pinot Grigio. :tumbsup:

Girly man... ;)

;)

I can't drink as much of the sweet stuff as my wife but I don't mind it in small doses.

When we were still in Illinois we used to have wine tasting parites and that was always fun.

Everyone brought a bottle and a appetizer. All bottles were opened up and everyone tried whatever they wanted.

Only if Miller starts producing wine, I like free stuff. :beerbang:

Got a couple bottles of good vintage port as well as an impulse buy of some Zinfandel Port from a trip to California hanging out in my wine storage device.

Girly man... ;)

;)

Only if Miller starts producing wine, I like free stuff. :beerbang:

Got a couple bottles of good vintage port as well as an impulse buy of some Zinfandel Port from a trip to California hanging out in my wine storage device.

that is so hot. :nyanya:

Man did I make a mess of myself on the weekend! We went to a Spanish place, paid $55 for 3 hours of all you can eat and drink. I forget the name of the beer, but we were downing them like nothing seen before. And there was Sangria as well, which was consumed like the juice it tastes like. I can't even guess how much we drunk in those 3 hours but my stomach and head on Sunday morning told me it was way, way too much. Great night and even though I was close to it, no spewing on Sunday morning. Even though I couldn't remove myself from bed until midday.

Put away several beers in the first half and start of the second half of footy on the weekend, but the sleazy f*ckers closed the beer stands with half an hour to go, so that as a jaw on the balls.

On Sunday went out to watch some girls soccer (freind of my wife) and took a quiet six pack... good times. Until I remembered I was meant to pick up a TV that night. I think I would still have been under the limit... well, I made it back okay anyway.

My weekend was completely shot. Last week we had a couple people out from work with the Johnny Quick Steps. Friday came along and I hadn't gotten the virus so considered myself lucky. Invited some friends over to drink beer and listen to some tunes and all signs were pointing to a great night. Two guys showed up with a case of beer each and it was time to throw back some beer. Then about a half hour later my stomach started churning and I ended up getting what my coworkers had. Fan-fukin-tastic. I tried to fight through it for another half hour and had to call it a night. As my friends were leaving I get a text inviting us over to another house as everyone was sitting by a big fire pit drinking beer. Curse the luck! Saturday my stomach virus was gone, and then my throat got sore and my head got all stuffed up...and it has remained so until today. What a great weekend. No beer, no fun, (well actually one bit of nice news which I'll mention later). And now it's back off to work tomorrow. :(

My weekend was completely shot. Last week we had a couple people out from work with the Johnny Quick Steps. Friday came along and I hadn't gotten the virus so considered myself lucky. Invited some friends over to drink beer and listen to some tunes and all signs were pointing to a great night. Two guys showed up with a case of beer each and it was time to throw back some beer. Then about a half hour later my stomach started churning and I ended up getting what my coworkers had. Fan-fukin-tastic. I tried to fight through it for another half hour and had to call it a night. As my friends were leaving I get a text inviting us over to another house as everyone was sitting by a big fire pit drinking beer. Curse the luck! Saturday my stomach virus was gone, and then my throat got sore and my head got all stuffed up...and it has remained so until today. What a great weekend. No beer, no fun, (well actually one bit of nice news which I'll mention later). And now it's back off to work tomorrow. :(

I've had that same sickness my friend and have had no beers in like a week and a half. :crying: