Thunder - All The Right Noises

Stefan

capture-20201105-134633.png

From facebook:

We’re extremely pleased to announce that our 13th Thunder studio album is called "All The Right Noises” and will be released on March 12th 2021.

We finished it in March of this year, but because of Covid-19, we had to delay the tour and the album release. It's been very frustrating, and we almost went pop a few times, but finally we're able to tell the world about it.

"Please Remain Seated" gave us a chance to sit down and try different things, but it also allowed us to reflect on what we do best, namely blues based British classic rock at its riff-tactic best.

We were always going to return to our roots, and we've done so in a big way with this new album. Those who thought we were ready for our pipe and slippers are in for a massive shock!

The few who have heard it are already calling it the best Thunder album ever. Maybe it’s too early to say, and we're way too close to comment, but we can say this:-

1. We're very chuffed with it.
2. It's 100% Thunder, and
3. It's 100% rock!

"Last One Out Turn Off The Lights" is the first track from the new album, and we'll pop the video up as soon as it's done. In the meantime there's the little tease clip of the first 20 secs with the Singing Ringing Tree above (which is the album cover). Thunder Channel members will receive a TC stickered 7" vinyl of this tune later this month as part of their membership (with another new tune on the B-side) - just saying..

ATRN is available to pre-order now, in an eye-popping variety of formats and bundles.

Thanks for reading, and please look after yourself, we need you.

Stay safe.

Ben, Chris, Danny, Harry & Luke
Thunder

• Like 1

Actually I don't know the whole Thunder history. I have a best of album and my band and I use to play "Love walked in" on gigs. I really like that best of, so I listened to some other songs here and there and my reactions are totally mixed - from not my cup of tea to wow.

The new song is kind of in the middle. It has the energy from "Dirty love", very cool verse and riff. The chorus is not thar great but I'd say it's a decent song. Curious about the other songs.

Yeah, I knew a few Thunder songs back in the day, but ever really got ito them.
About 10 years ago I wet through their catalogue ad it's pretty good.
I prefer the slower songs more than the rocker with this band. They seem to do ballads very well.
I'll give the new one a crack :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm liking this one more quickly that most of their older stuff so far.
Saw that Gonna Be My Girl clip today and I like the song, but I felt like I was watching Michael Bolton.
Yeah, I know they are older but sometimes it's better to imagine the song sung rather than see the reality...

Another absolutely rock solid album with some really great songs....great guys as well and a British institution

• Like 1

They didnt change their sound that much. Style of songs is quite similar to their debut, and also the great voice of mr.Bowes sounds as fine as ever. Now compare that to some of thrir peers from 1990. And they are one of the rare bands of this genre in Europe, that coul fill some arenas , at least in the UK. 

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Glen said:

I lost interest in Thunder after the first 2 albums. Saw them a few times back in the day in small clubs and also Terraplane before that. 

I wish I could see these guys live. They sound like the kind of band that is better live.

• 2 weeks later...

Really fine album by these guys again,they stick to their guns as usual which is what I actually like them to do,its what makes Thunder Thunder,havent changed my opinion on them since I saw them in the Rialto prior to the Back Street Symphony release and their move up after Donington not too long after.

This has some great moments,great sound...love the heavier groove of Destruction with its pounding Bassline,Young Man is also a fav of mine.

• 1 month later...