06 Rock'n'Roll Survivors
07 Fire And Ice
08 Warrior
09 Fire Etude
10 Breaking Out
11 Fistful Of Fire
12 The Surge
13 Gloryland
14 When An Old Man Cries (Acoustic Version)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more with Mafisen and Tabe on this one. Truth is, with better lyrics that would be a pretty killer hard rock tune. Even with those lyrics, it's still a keeper to me. 

As much as I love Lessman and Bonfire with him in it, I would openly admit that the last few Bonfire albums without him have been far, far better than the last few Bonfire albums with him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listening to the album now. Off to a good start with h Gotta Get Away. To be updated. 

Have to say I really like it. Could do without the intro and the instrumental interludes, but this album is the best of the Stahl era for me. Nothing new being invented, but it rocks plenty and the slower stuff is good too.  

5 out of 6. 

Edited by Mafisen

Bonfire had dropped off my radar the past decade (someone mentioned an album a year!!!).   This samples I've heard on the forth coming album have drawn my attention once again and hopefully, this is a refreshing new face for the band's music.    Definitely going to grab a copy of the new one

On 4/5/2020 at 5:36 AM, Delbert said:

Bonfire had dropped off my radar the past decade (someone mentioned an album a year!!!).   This samples I've heard on the forth coming album have drawn my attention once again and hopefully, this is a refreshing new face for the band's music.    Definitely going to grab a copy of the new one

Like I said above, in my opinion their last few albums have been a lot better than the last few they recorded with Lessman. A lot of similar bands like Jaded Heart (only really recently- they have plenty of very good post-Borman albums) , Dynazty, Shakra, Crystal Ball etc. all hold no interest at all to me anymore, but Bonfire seem to be keeping the dream alive to a degree. It's not startling stuff, but I heard this yesterday and it sounds like another good slab of no nonsense melodic heavy rock. Good stuff.

17 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Like I said above, in my opinion their last few albums have been a lot better than the last few they recorded with Lessman. A lot of similar bands like Jaded Heart (only really recently- they have plenty of very good post-Borman albums) , Dynazty, Shakra, Crystal Ball etc. all hold no interest at all to me anymore, but Bonfire seem to be keeping the dream alive to a degree. It's not startling stuff, but I heard this yesterday and it sounds like another good slab of no nonsense melodic heavy rock. Good stuff.

I'd agree with those thoughts.  Similar to the last album they've included a few tracks that lean a little more to the melodic metal side of the spectrum.  Other than some so-so lyrical content the album is solid throughout.  My initial favorites are Gotta Get Away, Ride the Blade, and Breaking Out.