Favorite Choruses

PetraGirl86

OK here is some choruses that I always thought stuck out to me, love the shouts to Baton Rouge, and Kane Roberts, you'll notice I dig huge over the top choruses, so fake sounding that you just gotta roll your eyes, I also like a few simple ones.

Always loved this Chorus off Heists High Heel Heaven disc, their saying Murder Me,Murder Me Deep In the Night, but the label said the radio would never go for that, so they buried it, you can kind of make it out, still one of my fav choruses.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Some nice ones there Cody. A couple I hadn't heard before. Glad you're back mate. 

As I said before, so many great choruses. Here's four that i've always loved. A bit of an eclectic mix.

• My Little Pony
12 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Some nice ones there Cody. A couple I hadn't heard before. Glad you're back mate. 

As I said before, so many great choruses. Here's four that i've always loved. A bit of an eclectic mix.

Hey, I get it, maths is hard. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Hey, I get it, maths is hard. 

Unless he doesn't actually love one of them, or at least hasn't always...

But which one? 

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Here's three (I double checked) for your consideration. The "Damn Yankees" one is one of the best ever.

I always feel inclined to pick out my favourite of your posts. 'No bed of roses' here for me - my favourite song on that CD. 

• Thanks 1

from the more obscure ones, Treat  (Get You on the Run) the 1989 version.... maybe too sugar-coated for some, but I love it.... get you on the run, find you all alone......can't help but sing along :)

another one is Mark Free (Dying for your Love)..... awesome chorus, coupled with great vocals, a real corker of a song

Edited by Invisible_man

• 2023 Gold Donors

There's a very good reason why this track was and still is a genre crossing mainstream hit. I defy any of you to listen to this and not sing along.  One of the best albums ever BTW.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darkstone said:

There's a very good reason why this track was and still is a genre crossing mainstream hit. I defy any of you to listen to this and not sing along.  One of the best albums ever BTW.

Yes! I love this song !! :D

• 2023 Gold Donors

There aren't too many choruses that Marcie Free sings that aren't great. Here's three from "Long Way From Love". I'm not stupid enough to declare this the greatest AOR album ever, but it's certainly in the conversation. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I was gonna post this in "Song of the Day", but I think it deserves to be in this thread. The contrast between this and my previous post is what I love about this music. We all love the heavier stuff, yet we also appreciate the softer AOR stuff. An Aussie connection to this one, although I much prefer this version to the original. The movie "Dudes" also features another Aussie connection. It stars Flea from "RHCP", who was born in Melbourne. I also love this song because I am a Rock n Roll outlaw! 

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Catching up with some older stuff as usual on my break. One of my favourite albums. This was another CD that took me a while to get back in the day. What a Legend Vivian Campbell is.

• 2023 Gold Donors

A great strip club track. I don't know if there is such a thing as a "Musical Director" for strip clubs, but what a dream job that would be! I wouldn't even need to get paid. I'd be quite happy with an intern position. 

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

A masterpiece of a ballad. A very simple chorus well executed. We all know the indefinable qualities of a "cheesy" ballad. This is the complete opposite. Heartfelt, profound and pure quality.

Edited by Darkstone

On 1/9/2020 at 5:48 AM, Darkstone said:

A masterpiece of a ballad. A very simple chorus well executed. We all know the indefinable qualities of a "cheesy" ballad. This is the complete opposite. Heartfelt, profound and pure quality.

Great song indeed, but you realise it's a cover yeah? A very good cover it is too. The original is pretty classic though as well 

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 minutes ago, Glen said:

Great song indeed, but you realise it's a cover yeah? A very good cover it is too. The original is pretty classic though as well 

You've just blown my mind. I had no idea about the original. Thanks mate! I'll be downloading the Van Stephenson albums asap. I had a quick look on the main site and noticed Dan Huff was involved.  👍

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

You've just blown my mind. I had no idea about the original. Thanks mate! I'll be downloading the Van Stephenson albums asap. I had a quick look on the main site and noticed Dan Huff was involved.  👍

great albums. Enjoy. you may come across some other Sunstorm songs - Fist Full of Heat is a cover of his too I think 

Always thouight this was a great chorus, particularly given it's age and how well it still stands up.
Not sure many people outside of Australia will be too aware of it, but anyway, here it is, a great song.

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Always thouight this was a great chorus, particularly given it's age and how well it still stands up.
Not sure many people outside of Australia will be too aware of it, but anyway, here it is, a great song.

Yeah, legendary Aussie track and performer. I think JPY is still performing. This song is a great theme for the entertainment industry, sporting industry and life in general I guess. I'm sure he gets a kick out of the irony when he performs it now. Speaking of cheese, you can't get much more cheesier than "love is in the air". Great song though, with a huge AC/DC connection.

Edited by Darkstone