I'll have a think but 2 I've always loved are :

Survivor - see u in Everyone 

Benny Mordones - close to the flame 

👍👍 I might have to check that out 

13 hours ago, Glen said:

in fact let's just say any song off Tough It Out. My god it's good 

Not any, but most. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

This has got to be one of the best ones ever. I, along with many of you were lucky enough to get "Operation Mindcrime" when it was first released. They truly were the glory days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

This has got to be one of the best ones ever. I, along with many of you were lucky enough to get "Operation Mindcrime" when it was first released. They truly were the glory days. 

What an album!! I think this and Warrant's Dog Eat Dog were two of my favourite discs in the 90s. Though this album was released in the late 80's I only heard it few years after its release. Blew me away the first time I heard it. Classic. 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Ponen said:

What an album!! I think this and Warrant's Dog Eat Dog were two of my favourite discs in the 90s. Though this album was released in the late 80's I only heard it few years after its release. Blew me away the first time I heard it. Classic. 

This is one of my all-time favourite albums, and definitely Queensryche's best effort. 

• Like 1

Their following album Empire is another classic imo. So many memorable songs like the Grammy nominated Silent Lucidity, Jet City Woman, Another Rainy Night etc. But if I have to compare between the two, Operation Mindcrime, I believe, is better than Empire. 

Have always admired Chris DeGarmo. This guy is a genius and the person responsible for most of the band's success during their prime years. 

Edited by Ponen

• 2023 Gold Donors

This topic is very addictive. This was a CD that I found very hard to get back in the day. My mate had a copy and it killed me. I had copied it to cassette, but as we all know, that wasn't good enough. When I finally came across it I felt complete.

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

In eager anticipation of the new Black Swan album, I thought i'd post two of my favourite McAuley Schenker Group choruses. 

Two good shouts there. 

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

As an Aussie, I'm very proud of the Roxus "Nightstreet" album. Always loved this track and chorus. The pre-chorus isn't too shabby either. 

Most of that album could make this thread.

I finally thought of an absolute ripper well worthy of inclusion in this thread;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Here's an unreleased one!  

Love that song (a lot) but I have grave doubts that that is the band line-up on this track. I think the more realistic band line-up is;

Juno Roxas - Vocals

Jeff Paris - everything else, including the drum machine ;)

• Haha 1

Yikes, sorry for the huge reply. Here are some old school ones that I'll just list:

Aviator - Magic

Survivor - Desperate Dreams

Harem Scarem - Hard to Love

Boulevard - In The Twilight

Danger Danger - Feels Like Love

Dare - The Last Time

Witness - You're Not My Lover

Fahrenheit - Talkin' Bout Love

FM - Other Side Of Midnight

Heart - Secret

Journey - Be Good to Yourself

Push - Red Light

TNT - Intuition

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

Yikes, sorry for the huge reply. Here are some old school ones that I'll just list:

Aviator - Magic

Survivor - Desperate Dreams

Harem Scarem - Hard to Love

Boulevard - In The Twilight

Danger Danger - Feels Like Love

Dare - The Last Time

Witness - You're Not My Lover

Fahrenheit - Talkin' Bout Love

FM - Other Side Of Midnight

Heart - Secret

Journey - Be Good to Yourself

Push - Red Light

TNT - Intuition

That's alright! I have a bazillion songs I'm in love with and always prone to huge answers :lol:

If you wanna hear great choruses I can only recommend the album "Lights out on the playground" by Baton Rouge.

Some other great choruses:

Pink Cream 69 - Signs of Danger (Anything from the album "One size fits all")

Lordi - Beast Loose in Paradise, Where's your dragon (Almost all songs have a great chorus)

Avantasia- The Wicked Symphony

Dynazty - Let me dream forever

Harem Scarem - Gravity

Alice Cooper - Love's a loaded gun

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's another couple of greats. I first heard the Kane Roberts track on a great compilation CD I picked up back in the day. I can't remember the name at the moment, but it's listed on the main site. Rough and Ready, I think? It was one of those choruses that gave me goosebumps on first listen. Took me a while to get the album. The 1st Avenue track is all class.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Any chorus that Floor Jansen sings could warrant inclusion in this thread. Not only is this a great song with a great chorus, this live performance is something that still gives me goosebumps on goosebumps with the volume pumped on the headphones and a few beers in me. One the best live performances ever!