STEEL PANTHER new album 2019

AlphaMale

I hope it's a return to form!

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steel-panther-singer-on-upcoming-album-fans-are-gonna-love-this-new-group-of-songs/

STEEL PANTHER Singer On Upcoming Album: Fans 'Are Gonna Love This New Group Of Songs'

May 5, 2019 0 Comments

AddThis Sharing Buttons

FacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to PinterestPinterestShare to RedditRedditShare to More

STEEL PANTHER Singer On Upcoming Album: Fans 'Are Gonna Love This New Group Of Songs'

STEEL PANTHER vocalist Michael Starr says that fans will "love" the band's upcoming album.

The disc, which is tentatively due before the end of the year, is once again being produced by Jay Ruston, who collaborated with the band on all of its previous recordings, including its latest LP, 2017's "Lower The Bar".

On Saturday (May 4), Starr — whose real name is Ralph Saenz — took to his Facebook page to write: "This morning I woke up with a clear vision and mind set. Our 5th Steel Panther studio record is almost done and I am seeing the future with this release. You are gonna love this new group of songs. We have worked extremely hard and it’s paid off. Be prepared to have your nuts fucking rocked off. Ladies get a towel cause your tits are gonna explode and it’s gonna get messy. The future is bright!"

STEEL PANTHER drummer Stix Zadinia recently said that he was more excited about the band's upcoming album than he has ever been about any of the group's previous releases. "The riffs are fucking gnarly, dude — gnarly," he said.

STEEL PANTHER specializes in imitating and exaggerating the less flattering aspects of 1980s hair metal, with unrepentantly crude, non-PC sexual content as a favorite lyrical theme.

The group's music has been described as "VAN HALEN meets MÖTLEY CRÜE meets RATT meets 'Wayne's World', complete with operatic shrieks, misogyny, shredding guitar solos and libidinal overdrive."

Eleven years ago, STEEL PANTHER changed its name from METAL SKOOL to its current moniker and shifted the focus of its act from ’80s metal covers to originals.

Been actually wondering lately about when we might hear new stuff from these guys again. This makes me very excited. I'm too hoping for a bit of a return to form as their last album was not their best. Seems like it's been a while so I hope they've had time to create some real gems. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Disagree, I have been singing it since I first heard it. Certainly not the funniest they have done, but catchy as hell.

I agree. I didn't laugh at it at all but it's a catchy song. 

Was a huge fan of the first three releases...the last one was a step down and this new track doesn’t impress me very much. 

Tongue in cheek humour is cool but now it’s just plain stupid after five releases of the same joke over and over again. 

Edited by zacharyamelie

34 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

Was a huge fan if the first three releases...the last one was a step down and this new track doesn’t impress me very much. 

Tongue in cheek humour is cool but now it’s just plain stupid after five releases of the same joke over and over again. 

It's just not funny anymore. 

Very regrettably, I don't dig it at all. It's the exact same style as the songs I found to be throwaways on the last album. Bummer. I only hope it's the worst song on the CD. 

Really quite lame, sadly. :(

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

Very regrettably, I don't dig it at all. It's the exact same style as the songs I found to be throwaways on the last album. Bummer. I only hope it's the worst song on the CD. 

Really quite lame, sadly. :(

I agree. It kinda does remind you of a song off the last disappointing album LOWER THE BAR.

But I don't mind it. 

It's a fine song, extremely well played and produced and like any shtick it can get repetitious but why on earth would you want SP singing about anything else other than hookers and blow?   

The video is killer with a gaggle of cameos including the Lizzy Borden.

I said it elsewhere but Lizzy with SP doing a "cover" of "Don't Touch Me There"! Forget about it. I bet they could even dredge up Betsy Bitch and have a real go of it!

6 hours ago, martinsane said:

It's a fine song, extremely well played and produced and like any shtick it can get repetitious but why on earth would you want SP singing about anything else other than hookers and blow?   

I agree the song is 100% flawlessly played and produced. All Steel Panther's stuff is. 

For the record, I don't find their stuff repetitious and definitely don't want them to sing about anything other than what they've been singing about. That has nothing at all to do with what I dislike about the song. And I love everything of theirs that I've always loved just as much as I always did.

The problem here is purely and simply that I think it's a lame song. Really average, throwaway style, like I said, very similar to the weak songs on the last CD. Lyrics and chorus and hooks aren't funny or crafty and more lame than amusing. Nothing at all wrong with the subject matter.

I did actually find some of the verse lyrics kinda amusing about his self admiration, but all in all it's a weak song with a very weak chorus. I don't want SP to stop doing what they do best - I just know they can do much better songs than this. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Yes thats nice.

Couple questions.

1. who is that main chick, she is all about sexy.

and

2. at the 3:46 mark there is a verrrrrry quick edit that puts another dude behind the drums and wondering who he is. You'll have to do some pausing and backing up to catch it.

and

3. What's with Lexi at the end, he not into bangin' the whores or is it official he is into his'self and/or dudes?

10 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Yes thats nice.

Couple questions.

1. who is that main chick, she is all about sexy.

and

2. at the 3:46 mark there is a verrrrrry quick edit that puts another dude behind the drums and wondering who he is. You'll have to do some pausing and backing up to catch it.

and

3. What's with Lexi at the end, he not into bangin' the whores or is it official he is into his'self and/or dudes?

Good catch on the drummer.

And Lexi is a strange "character".