STEEL PANTHER new album 2019

AlphaMale

Unfortunately the first 2 single are not that great. Still have some hope for the album. The might have tapped the well dry a few years back!

I will be the first to admit I love these guys, but feel that their more recent output has not been as good as the early albums, but it has nothing to do with the joke wearing thin or the songs not being funny, I just think the songs have not been as catchy and where they actually do lack even more is when they move away from the crude humour.

That said, I do like both of these songs, but am not expecting anything near to the first three albums in hooks on this one.

Yeah, all about the hooks for this band.
I've called for a 'normal' album, but can see why they won't do that.
Loved the show they toured with where they did half crude and half covers.

I just don't think the lyrics are as clever.

stuff like Tiger Woods, Asian Hooker, Bukkake Tears were genius.

These recent songs just don't make me laugh. 

On 8/12/2019 at 7:01 PM, Captain Howdy said:

I will be the first to admit I love these guys, but feel that their more recent output has not been as good as the early albums, but it has nothing to do with the joke wearing thin or the songs not being funny, I just think the songs have not been as catchy and where they actually do lack even more is when they move away from the crude humour.

That said, I do like both of these songs, but am not expecting anything near to the first three albums in hooks on this one.

Totally agree. As is the case with so many other good bands, the first two or three albums are the best then it's a downhill from there on. 

Edited by Ponen

• 3 weeks later...

is this really the same band that wrote Asian Hooker, Tomorrow Night, Gold Digging Whore, Weenie Ride etc ?????

What the hell happened. Sounds forced and not funny. 

Shame 

5 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

Hm sounds weaker than the previous ones but I like it. And now that's for sure I will like this new album more than the previous two because for me there weren't three good songs on them overall. ;)

Bukkake Tears, Gangbang, BVS are 3 of their most classic songs.

agree that last album was weak 

5 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

I know you all like All You Can Eat but for me it's just as weak as Lower The Bar.

nothing on lower the bar can compete with those songs but I do think half of all you can eat is pretty weak. 

On 9/8/2019 at 2:38 AM, All Nights Reserved said:

Hm sounds weaker than the previous ones but I like it. And now that's for sure I will like this new album more than the previous two because for me there weren't three good songs on them overall. ;)

I like it too. The humour doesn't really seem to be there are it was in the past, but I still think that's a pretty cool tune. 

19 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I will do a poll.

Is that a Steel Panther styled joke? 😂 

Edited by zacharyamelie

On 7/8/2019 at 10:29 PM, zacharyamelie said:

Was a huge fan of the first three releases...the last one was a step down and this new track doesn’t impress me very much. 

Tongue in cheek humour is cool but now it’s just plain stupid after five releases of the same joke over and over again. 

Agree! After several years of the same ol jokes, you will get the feeling that they've already stretched it too far.

Yes, I liked and enjoyed the very first release but even that, I don't listen to it anymore.

new stuff is just not funny. plain and simple. Personally I wouldn't choose to listen to these lyrics if they didn't make me laugh.

the first 3 albums were v clever with cool angles on the subject matter - stuff like Tiger Woods was comic genius.

These 3 new songs like the last album are a far cry from that genius. In fact I think they make me cringe slightly which is a damn shame.

might be time to hang up the gloves or do a standard rock album and prove the doubters wrong. It would probably be an album of the year as these guys have that melodic rock sound perfected. 

• 2 weeks later...