Kenny Leckremo - Spectra

Stefan

My first thought was 'WOW!!!' Upon hearing that song my enthusiasm just went down 95%. Haha! My three year old daughter just said, 'Daddy, me not like that song.' I agree, my baby girl... I agree. :(

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

My first thought was 'WOW!!!' Upon hearing that song my enthusiasm just went down 95%. Haha! My three year old daughter just said, 'Daddy, me not like that song.' I agree, my baby girl... I agree. :(

Lol...agree.

For me that's terrible.

On 9/29/2018 at 9:14 AM, Geoff said:

Same here. The guy looks like the new Sebastian Bach but when the music starts... fuck me running. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Kenny put the remaining tracks on his YT page for those who don't use paid streaming services and are interested in listening.  The whole album has a very mellow feel to it.  While his voice sounds good and I am glad to see him back making music most of the songs just didn't work for me.

Edited by Crazysam

Yeah for me this is awful,a real waste,he's got a good voice would just have loved a bit more uummphff from the music,it never really gets going...all pretty plodding and samey for me  :(

Edited by lettard

14 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah for me this is awful,a real waste,he's got a good voice would just have loved a bit more uummphff from the music,it never really gets going...all pretty plodding and samey for me  :(

I get Steve Perry's reasoning on doing a mellow album, what's Kenny's.?!

2 hours ago, The Rocker said:

I get Steve Perry's reasoning on doing a mellow album, what's Kenny's.?!

Yeah if only he had stuck to something akin to the first two H.E.A.T releases  :(

My thoughts on this one are a bit jumbled. Do I like it? Hell no. Will I ever play it again? I said Hell No! Without any second guessing that first spin was the last time I will ever hear this, end of story. 

But is it actually a dreadful album? I'd feel a bit harsh saying that. It's not really like anything I know, and in that regard I think it's pretty ballsy on his behalf. At this point in his career, the absolutely singular, only fans this dude has is the people who dug those first two HEAT albums. No one else knows who he is. So with this album he has undoubtedly disappointed every single fan of those HEAT albums that exists, but it's kind of ballsy. I assume this is something he's passionate about and I hope it attracts him some new fans. 

For me, and probably every other fan of those first two HEAT albums, it's where we part ways and just acknowledge we're on different paths, but I'm not going to begrudge the dude for doing what he is passionate about. I'm really disappointed and sad that this isn't a killer melodic rock/AOR album, but I genuinely wish him the best with this thing. He's given us two killer albums, which is more than 95% of artists in "our genre," so may he prosper. 

On the album, it's a weird ol' thing. Not really sure where he is going with it, but good luck to him. 

7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

My thoughts on this one are a bit jumbled. Do I like it? Hell no. Will I ever play it again? I said Hell No! Without any second guessing that first spin was the last time I will ever hear this, end of story. 

But is it actually a dreadful album? I'd feel a bit harsh saying that. It's not really like anything I know, and in that regard I think it's pretty ballsy on his behalf. At this point in his career, the absolutely singular, only fans this dude has is the people who dug those first two HEAT albums. No one else knows who he is. So with this album he has undoubtedly disappointed every single fan of those HEAT albums that exists, but it's kind of ballsy. I assume this is something he's passionate about and I hope it attracts him some new fans. 

For me, and probably every other fan of those first two HEAT albums, it's where we part ways and just acknowledge we're on different paths, but I'm not going to begrudge the dude for doing what he is passionate about. I'm really disappointed and sad that this isn't a killer melodic rock/AOR album, but I genuinely wish him the best with this thing. He's given us two killer albums, which is more than 95% of artists in "our genre," so may he prosper. 

On the album, it's a weird ol' thing. Not really sure where he is going with it, but good luck to him. 

Still I cannot understand  why you just don't let yerself  adore "Nothing To Die For" 

2 minutes ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Still I cannot understand  why you just don't let yerself  adore "Nothing To Die For" 

That song was one of two that almost... almost got me. A nice chorus, but a song is more than a chorus. ;)