Aldo Nova 2.0

jondavis

Ok, Im going against the grain here and saying I like it. Ive enjoyed what Ive heard from him in the past (Blood On The Bricks is a favorite). And Fantasy has always been a classic. I dont care much for the extra "sounds/noises" but Ive heard them before with a lot of other artists and still liked their songs.  So :tumbsup: for me, for now. ;)

It's ok but Too much going on in the mix. It was a classic song before, so pretty pointless fucking about with it. What are the others going to sound like I ask? 

3 hours ago, Jez said:

It's ok but Too much going on in the mix. It was a classic song before, so pretty pointless fucking about with it. What are the others going to sound like I ask? 

shit ;)

I don't really mind the extra guitar effects... unnecessary noodling, but actually well played, and no one should ever argue the dude's guitar prowess.  But those vocal chords have obviously taken a pounding over the past 35 years. 

I would have lost a bet had someone challenged me whether or not that was Aldo Nova on vox.  I would have laughed and called you crazy for implying such jest.  Appears the joke is on me!  

This one is not on my buy list.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

By christ I found this album basically impossible to listen to. I just don't understand for one second why it exists. So, so pointless... 

13 hours ago, jondavis said:

The only album I know good of his is Blood On The Bricks.

First listen to this and his vocals seem good but the sound just ok.

You need to urgently get your ears on 'Twitch' from 1985. Absolute cracking album. You'll love it. 

• 1 year later...