Ted Poley - Modern Art

Stefan

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: Ted Poley and Frontiers are pleased to announce that they have partnered up for the release of another solo album from the singer. Ted is currently hard at work in Sweden on this still untitled effort. This time around, the Danger Danger singer has partnered up with some incredibly talented Swedish musicians, namely Mats Ericsson, Micke Jansson, Daniel Johansson, and Robin Ericsson (on additional vocals). "You might know some of those guys other musical work as the band degreed,” says Ted “I am also getting some vocal layering with the help of my good friend, the Italian Stallion of Vocals, Alessandro Delvecchio. The album is being co-Produced by Mats Ericsson and myself in Kopperberg, Sweden.”

Ted continues, "[a]fter almost 40 years of recording and releasing music, I wanted to stretch out a little bit musically and I am proud to say that I have come up with a MAGICAL combination of amazing musicians and songs! The songs are awesome, and the musicianship will BLOW YOU AWAY. Every one of the players are MASTERS of their instruments and you might hear just a hint of modern prog interlaced with my usual catchy choruses this time around! This is going to be my favorite solo album ever and an album that I felt I HAD to make. And I am so happy with the results so far!”

More news as it becomes available!

Edited by Stefan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I was listening to his last album two days ago... so freakin' good was that. If this is as good as, or better, it's got potential to top the list in 2018. Cannot wait. 

• My Little Pony
11 hours ago, gener8tr said:

I love Ted, I really do, but I'm still waiting for an over-the-top, sticky-sweet, ultra-produced album that approaches the D2 debut.  That one was just so damn good it's like chasing a ghost.

Yeah, I think Revolve might have been the closest.

• 4 months later...

Is this getting a general release, rather than the very pricey version from his website?

1 hour ago, Jez said:

Is this getting a general release, rather than the very pricey version from his website?

The digital for the single above is now on Amazon, but that is it.

2 hours ago, Jez said:

I'm pretty sure this will be released in Europe through Frontiers later this year. See my first post.

1 hour ago, mrbandwidth said:

+1, all in all this album is nice, it's like a softer degreed, but I prefer hard degreed.

Best song IMO: Running For The Light.

+2

1 hour ago, Glen said:

song above is pretty good but tbh I prefer Ted and Degreed on their own 

Yes.

Ted says over on his site that this is not a solo cd but more of a collaboration cd,his new solo cd will be released on Frontiers in 2019 :) that being said I don't mind the different sound/style for what its worth.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:42 PM, tts42572 said:

Degreed-lite is a good analogy....maybe even Degreed Super-lite.

I don't understand this at all. Not hearing this really soft album you guys seem to be hearing?

Just to change the tone of this thread as it's been pretty luke-warm so far, lol... I'll put it out there that this is my favourite album I've heard so far this year. Remembering LeBrock is an EP...

But I just really like this album. Super consistent and I find myself really enjoying every song a lot. Favourite songs are pretty much every single one of them, but for me, 'Time' is the show stealer. Ripper of a track. But like I say, I just really like the whole thing. 

I expect it to be overtaken by the likes of Midnite City or even this Nitrate thing, but it's a joy for now. 

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

I don't understand this at all. Not hearing this really soft album you guys seem to be hearing?

Just to change the tone of this thread as it's been pretty luke-warm so far, lol... I'll put it out there that this is my favourite album I've heard so far this year. Remembering LeBrock is an EP...

But I just really like this album. Super consistent and I find myself really enjoying every song a lot. Favourite songs are pretty much every single one of them, but for me, 'Time' is the show stealer. Ripper of a track. But like I say, I just really like the whole thing. 

I expect it to be overtaken by the likes of Midnite City or even this Nitrate thing, but it's a joy for now. 

Not being a big fan of Degreed,(and this sounds like Degreed, with a different singer) I find it to be just ok, and I love Ted Poley. For me W.E.T. and Kissin' Dynamite kicks it's ass.

1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

Not being a big fan of Degreed,(and this sounds like Degreed, with a different singer) I find it to be just ok, and I love Ted Poley. For me W.E.T. and Kissin' Dynamite kicks it's ass.

I'm a fan of Degreed and to me, this doesn't really sound like Degreed.  I think the difference is Robin's griity voice that adds a bit more edge to it all and makes some of their choruses explode.

Just don't get that same edgy feeling with Ted's album from the handful of songs I've heard.  

Agree that Kissin' Dynamite is awesome!