Houston - Dangerous Love

Mr.AOR

On 10/8/2017 at 4:28 AM, Glen said:

Glad they threw a decent solo in there...made it a bit less cheesy.

Look forward to the album

Right on the money. This is cheesy.

Not dead set on the vocals

On 10/9/2017 at 12:56 AM, gener8tr said:

Sounds like a Swedish version of 7th. Heaven to me.

Pretty fair call, that. Lucky for me I love 7th Heaven, and I love this new song. Very much looking forward to this album. 

• 1 month later...

Heard most of this today and it sounded very nice. I wish they had the massive production that the best of the genre may be afforded... but I really like it. 

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Heard most of this today and it sounded very nice. I wish they had the massive production that the best of the genre may be afforded... but I really like it. 

The production on this is far batter than Midnite City.

The 3 worst production jobs this year are Midnite City, Babylon AD and Tokyo Motor Fist - a real shame on all 3.

On 11/29/2017 at 3:48 AM, Glen said:

The production on this is far batter than Midnite City.

The 3 worst production jobs this year are Midnite City, Babylon AD and Tokyo Motor Fist - a real shame on all 3.

What's so bad with the Babylon AD one? I thought that sounded good. I actually agree that when you look at all the other best releases of the year, Midnite City and TMF don't fare so well, purely only production-wise. 

As for Houston - it's not a bad production job. You can just tell there's no budget behind it and it could have been punchier, to get a little more out of the songs. But this one's going to rate real well for me... probably a top 10'er for me. 

13 hours ago, Glen said:

there is no excuse for a poor production imo 

Yep. My cousin brother owns a very low budget sound mixer in his tiny room. He had composed and recorded a song with the help of the mixer. And I remember being amazed at how good the quality of the sound was. And he's not even a sound engineer by profession.