Midnite City

Mr.AOR

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely love it. I feel like this will probably be my favourite album of the year and it amuses me. It's not like these guys are destroying the world with ground breaking amazingness. It's pretty basic stuff, but just done really, really well. Based on other comments, it seems to appeal to more than just I, so what aren't there more bands doing this... which is - let's be honest - not really impossibly spectacular.

It shouldn't be so hard to write cool, 80's style hard rock catchy tunes... but lots of bands seem to make it seem that way. Can't wait for this one to drop. 

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

Absolutely love it. I feel like this will probably be my favourite album of the year and it amuses me. It's not like these guys are destroying the world with ground breaking amazingness. It's pretty basic stuff, but just done really, really well. Based on other comments, it seems to appeal to more than just I, so what aren't there more bands doing this... which is - let's be honest - not really impossibly spectacular.

It shouldn't be so hard to write cool, 80's style hard rock catchy tunes... but lots of bands seem to make it seem that way. Can't wait for this one to drop. 

Agree 100% , and this album is going to be awesome!     Crazy Lixx!!!

I'm with you guys....I'm expecting that this album could push for my top spot this year based upon the 4-5 songs I've heard.  Absolutely love what I've heard so far.

Just great Defiants-style throwback melodic rock IMO.

Man, that sounds fantastic! My kinda rock right there

The track titles look great

Very much looking forward to this album now!

From FB:

*PRE ORDERS ARE IN!!!!** Hit the link below to order our debut album from our label AOR Heaven. The official release date is October 20th but orders will be sent out from next week (over a week early) if you order now.
Hit the link right here to order; http://www.aorheaven.com/…/g…/midnite-city-midnite-city.html

'Their debut is a hymn for the late 80's melodic hard rock scene - 9/10'
http://heavyparadise.blogspot.co.uk/…/review-midnite-city-m…

'A new sensation of Melodic Rock and one of the surprises of the year'
http://megustaelaor.blogspot.co.uk/…/midnite-city-midnite-c…

'Remember when music used to be fun? Well I’ve news for you – it is again.This is an album that has it all '
https://www.therockpit.net/…/album-review-midnite-city-mid…/

'These guys have given us an amazing album. Excellent, well-written compositions and fantastically performed tracks - 10/10'.
http://minizine.berock-radio.com/…/midnite_city_midnite_cit…

'The eleven tracks bring back the hair metal of the nineties, if you like this genre, this record will catch you.'
https://viriaor.wordpress.com/…/midnite-city-st-2017-aor-h…/

'This album is very special indeed. All killer no filler is definitely an apt tagline.'
http://www.uberrock.co.uk/…/19593-midnite-city-midnite-city…

'Midnite City is one of the best and most welcome surprises of the year. With a series of absurdly exciting songs'
http://aorwatchtower.blogspot.co.uk/…/recomendacao-da-seman…

'Midnite City offers a nice surprise in the melodic rock/power pop field and an album that you’d be hard-pressed to find fault with.'
http://www.rockeyez.com/…/rev-2017-midnite-city-midnite-cit…

Absolutely stoked about this release and still feel like it has a shot to be my favorite album this year from what I've heard.  Just fantastic throwback "Defiants style" melodic rock that is likely to sort of fly under the radar being a new band and not getting as much publicity and promotion as some other releases this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my CD today....absolutely great IMO.  Awesome that they sent out preorders a little early.

Whole album follows the vibe of the songs we've heard....throwback 80's melodic rock. 

Only been through it a couple times so far so not too much to say yet....But this will definitely rank very high on my best of 2017 list.  

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Got my CD today....absolutely great IMO.  Awesome that they sent out preorders a little early.

Whole album follows the vibe of the songs we've heard....throwback 80's melodic rock. 

Only been through it a couple times so far so not too much to say yet....But this will definitely rank very high on my best of 2017 list.  

WTF!

1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

WTF!

:)

Ordered direct from AOR heaven as they said they'd ship preorders early.  Pretty nice getting it a week in advance.

Wish more releases would do this as standard procedure.  Nice way to reward people that are willing to preorder.

40 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

:)

Ordered direct from AOR heaven as they said they'd ship preorders early.  Pretty nice getting it a week in advance.

Wish more releases would do this as standard procedure.  Nice way to reward people that are willing to preorder.

Pretty nice!

3 hours ago, lettard said:

I have to wait another week :( at the very least...mine is ordered through Amazon

Me too!

20 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I would rather wait. Works out a lot cheaper through Amazon. (although on there it says it is not out until 27th Oct, not 20th).

Even cheaper on Spotify ;)

7 hours ago, simo said:

Went back and listened to ''Summer of our Lives'' but wasn't overly impressed, any better songs from them?

Or would you consider this one of their good/better songs? In which case, this might not be for me

There's a couple songs I like better but whole album is pretty much in that style and would say that song is a fair representation.  If you don't like that one I'd say hold off until you can sample more songs.

I like Summer of our lives...catchy tune IMO :)

shipping date delayed even further on Amazon (Nov 7th) but they emailed me today saying its available for download, so I have that until the CD shows.

Considering I am a massive Tigertailz fan and thought the album with Wylde on vocals was a total shit box., I should not have even tried this one, but its great. At times it reminds me of the first Danger Danger album, with a little Def Leppard thrown in the mix. Very catchy songs none the less.

12 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

shipping date delayed even further on Amazon (Nov 7th)

Yeah I cancelled and for £3 more ordered from AORHeaven along with the Code Red cd,should be here tomorrow,if id known it would be as expensive to order Romeo Riot i'd have added it to the order as well.

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Yeah I cancelled and for £3 more ordered from AORHeaven along with the Code Red cd,should be here tomorrow,if id known it would be as expensive to order Romeo Riot i'd have added it to the order as well.

I think some of these websites are purposely delaying the release to outside sellers like Amazon.

The new Jaimz/Volkins CD is supposed to be out on 23rd Oct, but Amazon currently has it listed as 23rd Nov.

I was going to do a track by track breakdown of this but frankly, don't think I need to.  For me, every song is in the 9 to 10 range.

The "10" songs for me are We Belong, Ghosts Of My Old Friends, Summer Of Our Lives and the ballad Everything You Meant To Me.  I'm not a big ballad guy generally but this one is right there with If It's Love by Crazy Lixx and Eye of the Storm from H.e.a.t as my favorite ballads this year.

The rest of the songs are all solid too though.  I'd probably give Can't Wait For The Nights and Think About you a solid 9.5.  While Nothings Like Losing You and I Just Can't Take It wouldn't be far behind.  I'd guess the rest would all be around 9 as there just isn't a single song I don't like so no real need to go through them.

I've been debating this album versus Crazy Lixx versus H.e.a.t as my favorite this year and the more I've listened to this, the more I feel like it's my favorite album this year just because there isn't a low spot on it for me.  Crazy Lixx has one or two songs I'm lukewarm on (Another Shot Of Love, Kiss Of Judas)....H.e.a.t has one or two I'm lukewarm on (Time On Our Side, We Rule)....But this doesn't have anything I'm lukewarm on. 

Great songs, full of hooks and cool throwback vibe. 

I dunno if it is album of the year, but if it isnt, it is pretty damn close.

Absolutely stunning album. Songs are as catchy as fuck.

Completely came out of nowhere with lowish expectations, and have ended up being blown away.

At a time where I have been buying albums galore, this one has stood out among some great releases.

I think it beats Santa Cruz and H.E.A.T due to both of those having a few weaker tracks than previous releases, but this is probably battling it out with the new LA Guns for me right now.

I wholeheartedly agree with the positive comments and the comparison in style to early Danger Danger.  I had enjoyed the samples the band put out prior to the release but the album has surpassed my expectations.  Midnite City's debut has quickly moved into my top 5 for 2017 after listening to it a few times this week. 

Top 5?! You cruel bastard. ;) How this can be anything but everyone here's number one is out of this world. 

Before I heard this, Crazy Lixx was sitting atop my list but these guys have out Crazy Lixxed Crazy Lixx. Meaning, they do the same thing - that blatantly commercial 80's melodic rock... it's just these guys do it a little bit better than Crazy Lixx... imo. 

I agree with the White Widdow and Danger Danger comments too. Basically, whatever comparison you make for these guys, it's going to be with one of all of our favourite bands... for good reason. Absolutely love it. 

As TTS suggests, why even bother trying to pick a favourite song? 1-11 all inclusive, they're all awesome. How long has it been since a band's accomplished that? 

Hats off, young fellas. I really hope these guys stick around and set the world... well our small melodic rock world... alight. So good.