Midnite City

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

https://soundcloud.com/user-252536491/mc-soundstream-1

https://www.facebook.com/midnitecityuk

Formed in January 2017 by current Tigertailz front-man (and former Vega, Steevi Jaimz and Teenage Casket Company member and songwriter) Rob Wylde.

Wylde approached friend Pete Newdeck (Newman/ Eden's Curse, Blood Red Saints,Khymera) to produce three songs for him to shop to record labels.

Wylde sang, played guitar and bass on the recordings whilst Newdeck played drums, provided backing vocals and took care of the production. Wylde also brought in newcomer guitarist Miles Meakin who played guitar solos on the recordings and former band mate James Martin (Vega) who laid down keyboards on the tracks.Mixed by Newdeck and mastered by Harry Hess of Harem Scarem.

The songs were then sent out to labels and garnered considerable interest across the board, resulting in a deal being inked with German label AOR Heaven.

With a record deal in place, Newdeck officially joined the band as drummer in the Spring of 2017, alongside Miles Meakin on guitar and Shawn Charvette on keyboards.

With the line up now in place, the band began work on their debut album at PNP Productions in Tewkesbury UK, completing the recordings in June 2017.

With a sound that the band describes as 'Timeless, melodic rock/ hair metal', MIDNITE CITY cover all bases when it comes to this much loved genre of music. From ultimate feel good, party rock anthems, to brooding melodic rock monsters, to spine tingling power ballads, they are all here in abundance, and then some.

With an album release being planned for October 2017, MIDNITE CITY Have already been booked for shows in Europe and the USA in late 2017/ 2018.

Sit tight. This is just the beginning...

*Mark Stevens (Powerplay magazine) June 2017*

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, heard the samples this morning from their Facebook page. This should be a great album can't wait!

That sounds great to me. As in, possible top five for 2017, seriously. Absolutely love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, sounds good!

• 1 month later...

Really looking forward to this one...liked the samples I heard.

Yep

Midnite City - s/t (out October 20th through AOR Heaven)

midnitecity-cover-web.JPG

Tracklist:

1. We Belong

2. Ghost Of My Old Friends

3. Summer Of Our Lives

4. Nothing’s Like Losing You

5. Last Beat Of My Heart

6. Everything You Meant To Me

7. Can’t Wait For The Nights

8. One Step Away

9. I Just Can’t Take It

10. Things She Said

11. Think About You

Tracklist:

1. We Belong

3. Summer Of Our Lives

5. Last Beat Of My Heart

8. One Step Away

9. I Just Can’t Take It

10. Things She Said

11. Think About You

No full sample of a song yet Stefan?

Tracklist:

1. We Belong

3. Summer Of Our Lives

5. Last Beat Of My Heart

8. One Step Away

9. I Just Can’t Take It

10. Things She Said

11. Think About You

By the way, song titles sound great!

That sounds great to me. As in, possible top five for 2017, seriously. Absolutely love it.

You sure the Pete Newdeck connection doesn't ruin it for you? :lol:

lol, name rings a bell but fill me in. I generally hate releases he's involved with?

Tracklist:

1. We Belong

3. Summer Of Our Lives

4. Nothings Like Losing You

5. Last Beat Of My Heart

7. Cant Wait For The Nights

8. One Step Away

9. I Just Cant Take It

10. Things She Said

11. Think About You

By the way, song titles sound great!

I like the sound of those too....should be good

Really looks fantastic....Saw a review posted that gave it high grades. It isn't much of a review but it's all I've seen so far:

http://minizine.berock-radio.com/html/reviews/pages-017/midnite_city_midnite_city/midnite_city_midnite_city.html#.WbKh8ch959N

The album begins with the beautiful keys, rhythmic bass and melodic guitars of "We Belong"!
After a while, the crystal-clear vocals arrive, and that is when the headbanging begins! What an amazing hair
metal rhythm, with amazing lyrics followed by fantastic vocals! Coming right up after that is "Ghost Of My Old Friends",
which has the same "ingredients" as the previous track, but it's more melodic and powerful!
These two tracks have provided an excellent start to the album!
Okay, we're talking about yet another excellent Hair Metal piece of work from the music scene
of UK! All these tracks are high-level quality compositions and the performances are excellent! Rob Wylde
is a great vocalist with a crystal-clear voice, which is great for melodic hard rock! (And hard to come across...)
The rest of the band's line-up, such as Pete Newdeck , Miles Meakin, Miles Meakin, Shawn Charvette
and Josh 'Tabbie' Williams, are excellent artists. These guys have 'bonded' together perfectly,
and together they have given us an amazing, high quality Hair metal album!
There's nothing else you could ask for in a band!
If you like Hair metal music, then go get the album,
It will be released on the 20th of October 2017 by AOR Heaven!
In summary, these guys have given us an amazing album, which is also their debut,
making it all the more important. Excellent, well-written compositions and fantastically
performed tracks.
As for the score, I can't give it anything less than excellent, as such, I rate it 10/10!

I can't believe people are sent free copies of the album to write this drivel.

I mean seriously....is that a review???

LOL....I agree. Wouldn't have posted it but haven't seen any other reviews. It's a good example of how not to write a review.

You sure the Pete Newdeck connection doesn't ruin it for you? :lol:

lol, name rings a bell but fill me in. I generally hate releases he's involved with?

Tainted Nation?

:lol:

Still not what I'd call a fantastic review but a little bit better written than the one above....

https://www.therockpit.net/2017/album-review-midnite-city-midnite-city/

There’s just the right amount of grunt in the guitars and more than enough melody in opening track ‘We Belong’ to make you believe that Rob Wyldes’ latest band ‘Midnite City’ might really have created something very special here. There’s a real feeling of the glory days of the late eighties about the sound and more than a hint of Danger Danger in their prime. It’s a track I actually found myself playing a half a dozen times before I ventured on – it really is that good.
‘Ghost of my Old Friends’ that follows it is that age old tale of years passing us by and it rides the silken threads of melody to a chorus awash with saccharin backing vocals and a strong hook. Tick that box too it’s another winner,and one that gets better with each subsequent listen!
Rob Wylde of course will be well known to many, current lead singer with Tigertailz, and ex-vocalist/guitarist with one of my favourite bands this millennium Teenage Casket Company, not to mention his stints with Vega, China Doll, Sins of America and current ‘covers band’ Poizon. That’s a lot of experience under the belt and it shows – this indeed sounds like the album he was born to make.
‘Summer of out Lives’ one of the original songs Wylde demoed to get the deal with AOR Heaven has a nice Teenage Casket Company kick to the opening and more of that punky edge that suits Wylde’s vocals so well. But its when the sweet summer melody of the chorus kicks in that you get carried away. Three songs in we’re looking at something rather special indeed.
At every turn the most astounding thing about this debut is the sheer quality of the songs. ‘Nothing’s Like Losing You’ takes the pace off a little but delivers another memorable refrain; ‘Last Beat of My Heart’ is mid-tempo bliss; and ‘Everything You Meant to Me’ rounds out the first half with a ballad that may well follow a familiar pattern and subject matter but still manages to connect and bring up the hairs on the back of your neck. Six songs in you are well and truly hooked.
Deeper in, ‘Can’t Wait For the Nights’ is sheer feel-good hair metal with a shot or two of pop for good measure; whilst ‘One Step Away’ manages to channel Wylde’s inner Rick Springfield. ‘I Just Can’t Take It’ adds more of that summer feeling and has one of the most immediate hooks here. That’s followed by the second ballad ‘Things She Said’ which really has class written all over it and seems like a sure fire late night, end of the set certainty.
Final track ‘Think About You’ attempts to trump the lot of them. It’s a mid tempo rocker in the vein of the opening track and equally as good, maybe even the best song here. This is an album that has it all – there’s a uplifting feel to this one, a kick of rock, the sheen of pop, and the smell of the summer in every slice. Remember when music used to be fun? Well I’ve news for you – it is again.
Midnite City is out on AOR Heaven on October 20th, 2017, Midnite City will be taking their live show out on the road in the UK, Europe and the USA in late 2017/ 2018. You better be there.

Still not what I'd call a fantastic review but a little bit better written than the one above....

https://www.therockpit.net/2017/album-review-midnite-city-midnite-city/

There’s just the right amount of grunt in the guitars and more than enough melody in opening track ‘We Belong’ to make you believe that Rob Wyldes’ latest band ‘Midnite City’ might really have created something very special here. There’s a real feeling of the glory days of the late eighties about the sound and more than a hint of Danger Danger in their prime. It’s a track I actually found myself playing a half a dozen times before I ventured on – it really is that good.
‘Ghost of my Old Friends’ that follows it is that age old tale of years passing us by and it rides the silken threads of melody to a chorus awash with saccharin backing vocals and a strong hook. Tick that box too it’s another winner,and one that gets better with each subsequent listen!
Rob Wylde of course will be well known to many, current lead singer with Tigertailz, and ex-vocalist/guitarist with one of my favourite bands this millennium Teenage Casket Company, not to mention his stints with Vega, China Doll, Sins of America and current ‘covers band’ Poizon. That’s a lot of experience under the belt and it shows – this indeed sounds like the album he was born to make.
‘Summer of out Lives’ one of the original songs Wylde demoed to get the deal with AOR Heaven has a nice Teenage Casket Company kick to the opening and more of that punky edge that suits Wylde’s vocals so well. But its when the sweet summer melody of the chorus kicks in that you get carried away. Three songs in we’re looking at something rather special indeed.
At every turn the most astounding thing about this debut is the sheer quality of the songs. ‘Nothing’s Like Losing You’ takes the pace off a little but delivers another memorable refrain; ‘Last Beat of My Heart’ is mid-tempo bliss; and ‘Everything You Meant to Me’ rounds out the first half with a ballad that may well follow a familiar pattern and subject matter but still manages to connect and bring up the hairs on the back of your neck. Six songs in you are well and truly hooked.
Deeper in, ‘Can’t Wait For the Nights’ is sheer feel-good hair metal with a shot or two of pop for good measure; whilst ‘One Step Away’ manages to channel Wylde’s inner Rick Springfield. ‘I Just Can’t Take It’ adds more of that summer feeling and has one of the most immediate hooks here. That’s followed by the second ballad ‘Things She Said’ which really has class written all over it and seems like a sure fire late night, end of the set certainty.
Final track ‘Think About You’ attempts to trump the lot of them. It’s a mid tempo rocker in the vein of the opening track and equally as good, maybe even the best song here. This is an album that has it all – there’s a uplifting feel to this one, a kick of rock, the sheen of pop, and the smell of the summer in every slice. Remember when music used to be fun? Well I’ve news for you – it is again.
Midnite City is out on AOR Heaven on October 20th, 2017, Midnite City will be taking their live show out on the road in the UK, Europe and the USA in late 2017/ 2018. You better be there.

Sounds like a pretty good review to me, Can't wait for this to drop!