Kryptonite - s/t

Stefan

18620096_1397935890262458_69851909413293

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce an amazing new melodic rock combo from Sweden: KRYPTONITE

For your first taste of music and to hear more about the band from the guys themselves, head on over to their freshly launched Facebook page and watch the behind-the-scenes video they've shared there:fb.me/KryptoniteSweden

Sometimes musicians are put together who only know each other from afar via their respective recordings, but something clicks and triggers amagical moment. That's exactly what happened when Jakob Samuel from The Poodles met up with producer Alessandro Del Vecchio on the heels of a concept created by Frontiers President Serafino Perugino. Together, they set off to work on a new band that could offer lyrical concepts that are deep and intelligent with music that operates within the genres they excel in. And most importantly, has a great energy and impact.

Together with executive producer Serafino Perugino, they handpicked each musician to be part of their vision for a strong lineup of young and hungry Swedish musicians that would be ready to go out there and kick some ass. Pontus Egberg, formerly of The Poodles and now the bass player for King Diamond and Treat, was the first one to enter the picture, followed shortly thereafter by Robban Back of Mustasch (and ex-Eclipse). The choice of guitar player fell to the young and immensely gifted Mike Palace. Mike showed his huge talents as a writer and performer on his band Palace’s debut album and on several songs he has already written for the label.

The recording and writing sessions flowed freely and the songs came naturally. This band will truly set a standard for what fans perceive as melodic hard rock in today’s climate. It is classic, but modern at the same time, groovy and cool.

You will love what Jakob, Michael, Pontus, and Robban have cooked up for you as Kryptonite! Stay tuned for upcoming announcements concerning the release date and the forthcoming first video/single!

18595411_147629525778879_364894446836453

Guess we'll wait for samples, hey? Not much in that write-up excites me, but I'll wait for the tunes.

Like all those involveds output thus far generally...will have to wait on this one though cause it doesn't hit me straight away

The couple of sounds sound like The Poodles. Are they no longer together? Is this the replacement for The Poodles?

The couple of sounds sound like The Poodles. Are they no longer together? Is this the replacement for The Poodles?

The thing is (for me anyway), is that he has a very distinct voice and it that is why it sounds like the Poodles! lol

The Poodles are recording....

Oh, so there will be two Poodles albums this year. ;)

Nice track, but a 'Project' with half it's members being from The Poodles, that sounds just like like The Poodles, who have a new album coming out soon..The Point of this is what exactly?

His voice is TO distinctive I think. When Harry Hess does First Signal you know it's him, but it doesn't sound like Harem Scarem. Here, this sounds like The Poodles because of his voice.

• 2 weeks later...

His voice is TO distinctive I think. When Harry Hess does First Signal you know it's him, but it doesn't sound like Harem Scarem. Here, this sounds like The Poodles because of his voice.

Agreed,I think its because the music also sounds like a Poodles record

Two songs in and this is basically the Poodles with much better lead guitar work. I used to love the Poodles but I lost interest after the 3rd or 4th release.

I must admit the songs have been good so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Arrived today and I've just given it a couple of spins,so reminds me of The Poodles for obvious reasons but also stands up on its own merits.

I like it. Yes, his voice is so distinctive you can't help to think it's just another Poodles album, but it is more than that. This is definitely better than the last few Poodles albums.

• 2 months later...