Brother Firetribe - Sunbound

Stefan

I'd have to listen to the albums back to back to see how this stacks up, as not heard them in a while, but overall I really like the new album.

I can listen straight through without skipping (yes even the inspiro tracks) and each track has some delightful moments and strong hooks.

It's a winner in my book - OK maybe it wont quite compete with the One Desires, HEATs, Eclipses this year, but won't be far behind.

Definitely nothing worth skipping, but as we've discussed around the place before, I lean more towards albums with a few amazing tracks and some okay tracks, as opposed to an album filled from start to end with good tracks. For instance, I actually prefer the Steel Panther album quite significantly to this. I much prefer the better songs on that album, even though the worst songs are worse than anything on this one.

Yeah, it's a fine line. I love good consistent albums, but I just need a few real ball tearers in the mix.

Mmmm to say there are 'ball tearers' on Steel Panther is pushing it.

There are 4 good songs (as in 8/10 good) the rest are ok.

BF is around 8/10 the whole way through with the odd 9.

Can see this being around 80% whereas SP will be 70% at best.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to listen to the albums back to back to see how this stacks up, as not heard them in a while, but overall I really like the new album.

I can listen straight through without skipping (yes even the inspiro tracks) and each track has some delightful moments and strong hooks.

It's a winner in my book - OK maybe it wont quite compete with the One Desires, HEATs, Eclipses this year, but won't be far behind.

Definitely nothing worth skipping, but as we've discussed around the place before, I lean more towards albums with a few amazing tracks and some okay tracks, as opposed to an album filled from start to end with good tracks. For instance, I actually prefer the Steel Panther album quite significantly to this. I much prefer the better songs on that album, even though the worst songs are worse than anything on this one.

Yeah, it's a fine line. I love good consistent albums, but I just need a few real ball tearers in the mix.

Mmmm to say there are 'ball tearers' on Steel Panther is pushing it.

There are 4 good songs (as in 8/10 good) the rest are ok.

BF is around 8/10 the whole way through with the odd 9.

Can see this being around 80% whereas SP will be 70% at best.

Ha, yep, I can see how you got to that, but I didn't directly say there were ball tearers on the SP album. I just said I prefer the better songs on that album, but yes, indeed, I did suggest in the next line I do like ball tearers on my preferred albums.

Just to clarify, there's not real ball tearers on the new SP disc (as my favourite two songs on it are actually ballads), but there is stuff I really dig on it.

This is one of those silly situations where I will also rate the BF album a little bit higher, but in terms of replay value, I much prefer the SP album, personally.

Excellent release, not as immediate nor as big in the chorus department as previous releases but the great production makes up for it. Easily the best produced BF release. I'd love to hear the older stuff get this type of production, imagine 'Wildest Dreams' or 'Far Away From Love' with this production job?!?! I do hear two real stand out tracks 'Give Me Tonight' and 'Big City Dreams'.

Within 24hrs I got this one and One Desire...I'm in melodic rock Heaven at the moment.

Brother Firetribe should be rated at least 86% and Steel Panther is 68%, a nice number right ? :D

Close. Steel Panther was at 65% but after several plays, inched up to 69% (a fitting number for this band).

So:

BF 84% SP 69%

Brother Firetribe should be rated at least 86% and Steel Panther is 68%, a nice number right ? :D

Close. Steel Panther was at 65% but after several plays, inched up to 69% (a fitting number for this band).

So:

BF 84% SP 69%

Right on target with that 84%. I gave it a 85. Solid album

Excellent release, not as immediate nor as big in the chorus department as previous releases but the great production makes up for it. Easily the best produced BF release. I'd love to hear the older stuff get this type of production, imagine 'Wildest Dreams' or 'Far Away From Love' with this production job?!?! I do hear two real stand out tracks 'Give Me Tonight' and 'Big City Dreams'.

Within 24hrs I got this one and One Desire...I'm in melodic rock Heaven at the moment.

There were production issues with the other BF albums? I hadn't noticed that at all, to be honest.

There were production issues with the other BF albums? I hadn't noticed that at all, to be honest.

I'm not one of those guys that lives and dies by good production jobs. But the production on the new one is clearly better. The keys and vocals are much sharper. I found some BF stuff to be noisy or muddled before, I loved the Hell out of it, but just something was off in the sound.

• 3 weeks later...

Dudez, I gotta admit this is kind of wearing thin on me. It's so one-dimensional... and it really reminds me of Harlan Cage... who I didn't like because they were sooo samey and one-dimensional.

It's funny I was defending their honour above in this thread, calling them hard rock, when this is basically lite AOR. And I'm not sure this suits them, track after track. They need some ballsier stuff in there to display the versatility that has been displayed on previous albums.

It's a nice album, but I can already tell it has the replay value or a male's ass on your face. Where on earth is stuff like this these days;

...and it ain't lite Album Oriented Radio either ;)

QFT. But it is definitely lite Adult Oriented Rock. ;)

This album is definitely liter than their other albums.

I don't get this lite word?? I thought that referred to calorific content or complexity??

Surely we all mean light in this context??

Sorry to be pedantic ;)

I don't get this lite word?? I thought that referred to calorific content or complexity??

Sorry to be pedantic ;)

I feel the guitars are not as loud/crunchy as the other albums also the drums are not as loud and strong sounding as the other albums. That's what I mean when I say "Lite".

Sorry to be pedantic ;)

I feel the guitars are not as loud/crunchy as the other albums also the drums are not as loud and strong sounding as the other albums. That's what I mean when I say "Lite".

Yeah i get what u mean but thats not what lite means....

That is light lol.