Bonfire - Pearls

heavyharmonies

Should have named it "Rotten Oysters" instead... would have been more accurate.

It's not horrible musically, but it is not Bonfire in any way, shape, or form. And the rerecordings of Bonfire classics are a complete travesty.

Bleagh.

Bit like journey re recording the classics with Pineda....pointless.

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. The Journey classics actually sound decent with Pineda on lead. These songs do not.

Question: did you have the same issue with Augeri singing Journey classics?

Bit like journey re recording the classics with Pineda....pointless.

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. The Journey classics actually sound decent with Pineda on lead. These songs do not.

Question: did you have the same issue with Augeri singing Journey classics?

Augeri never re-recorded them did he??

My point is you would never listen to them over the originals.

[i have no issue with either of them singing them live]

For me these are technically not their "classics", a few of their really good songs and a handful of why bother.

I don't mind Pineda re-recording the classics, I think they sounded just fine and it comes only as a bonus disc from 'Revelation' album right ? Just like Foreigner did with Hansen, but Bonfire, they sell it just like a new album, so no point I guess.

Just like Foreigner did with Hansen,

Actually, the rerecordings with Hansen were absolutely superb, both in execution and production quality.

But still pointless

You're entitled to your opinion... no matter how wrong it is. :nyanya:

He is wrong, again. The Hansen versions are the only way you'd ever get me to listen to that old Foreigner stuff. And even then most of it I'd still pass on.

He is wrong, again. The Hansen versions are the only way you'd ever get me to listen to that old Foreigner stuff. And even then most of it I'd still pass on.

No i am not. Re-records are a waste of space. Period

You can't resist temptation!

From what I've listened to so far it sucks majorly. Crappy guitar tone, laughable keyish melodies and many songs sound like deep purple unreleased material, goddammit :rant: .

On the other hand, what can I say 'bout Hansen? I still owe him a man crush. My love for him will never be more than enough.

No Claus = No Bonfire

100% correct T-Bone!

Yes.

I listened to this the other day and didn't hate it. Pointless, yes, but listenable. I don't mind a few of the re-recordings of recent songs... but there is one valid point of merit on this album. And that is the re-recording of 'Who's fooling who.' It is a track I always liked, but basically an interlude on 'Point Blank.' Here, it's given the full treatment, electric involvement and all. No waves in the background either. ;) It's nice. I like it.

• 2 months later...