Bands you like but only one album

Glen

• My Little Pony

Airplay

The Magnificent

Revolution Saints

Wall of Silence

The Works

Those bands have only released one album smart ass!

And I love them. What's your point? ;}

• My Little Pony

1 more -

Allen / Lande - The Battle (this is an absolute classic, but I NEVER listen to the others)

I would have agreed with you on this, but the new one is really good. Did you never give it a chance?
What yr was that again ??

• My Little Pony

Von groove debut - can't remember name

It's quite easy to remember, because it's self-titled.
Well don't I look silly

I don't know. I can't see you from here.

Airplay

The Magnificent

Revolution Saints

Wall of Silence

The Works

Those bands have only released one album smart ass!
And I love them. What's your point? ;}

As i said earlier i was meaning bands with more than one album.

The tread title was ambiguous.

As from my first list those bands have many albums but i only really like one.

Hope that clarifies - cheers

• 2023 Gold Donors

Ive seen Appetite dropped a couple of times. I wonder if it would have been better for GnR to just release one Use Your Illusion with just the best songs - there are quite a few great tracks across both. .

You're spot on about that.

The albums should have been called "Use your delusion" (of grandeur).

it's a tricky question Glen, I mean, if a band has two albums, one I rated high and the other is not too high but not disastrous (for example 90% vs 73%), does that count ? or is it one album and the other you almost never played at all ?

anyway, here's some that I can think of:

CHINA SKY - s/t

HURRICANE - Slave To The Thrill (Over The Edge is not bad but rarely played compared to this)

MASQUERADE - s/t

QUEENSRYCHE - Empire (Operation Mindcrime came close but i must admit i rarely play it, although score-wise pretty okay)

RENEGADE - Time To Choose

RICHIE SAMBORA - Stranger In This Town

ROXX GANG - Things You've Never Done Before (heard 2 more albums but haven't heard the rest)

SARAYA - s/t

STEVE PERRY - Street Talk

SVEN GALI - s/t

TANGIER - Stranded

TUFF - What Comes Around Goes Around

VAN ZANT - s/t (only heard 1 other)

WILDSIDE - Under The Influence

ZINATRA - The Great Escape (the s/t is not bad but then rarely played)

The way i approached it is never play - i mean the second Love/Hate album is ok hut i never play it.

Van Zant is an interesting one and I tend to agree. Brickyard road is pretty good but a different style and ive not played that in like 25 years. The s/t i play quite a lot.

The way i approached it is never play - i mean the second Love/Hate album is ok hut i never play it.

Van Zant is an interesting one and I tend to agree. Brickyard road is pretty good but a different style and ive not played that in like 25 years. The s/t i play quite a lot.

The Van Zant 1985 release is interesting, as basically it morphed from the Johnny Van Zant Band, who did 3 excellent southern rock albums Then there is the Johnny and Donnie's 'Van Zant' project which is different again, and then there's 'Brickyard Road which was more of a solo album from Johnny. A bit confusing

Van Zant is interesting, as basically it morphed from the Johnny Van Zant Band who did 3 excellent southern rock albums to the classic AOR

I will agree they are good but not really the style i like so i have to go with NT on this one. But i get what youre saying

Van Zant is interesting, as basically it morphed from the Johnny Van Zant Band who did 3 excellent southern rock albums to the classic AOR

I will agree they are good but not really the style i like so i have to go with NT on this one. But i get what youre saying

Then there's also the other Van Zant project with Johnny and Donnie, which is more Southern/Country, as well as 'Brickyard Road' which is more of a Johnny solo project and separate again...confusing!! ;)

Yeah I was confused at first too, bought the Van Zant album which opens with ''Midnight Sensation'' and absolutely loved the album. Later when I searched for their other releases I realized that unfortunately there wasn't more from them in that style

Allen / Lande - The Battle (this is an absolute classic, but I NEVER listen to the others)

I'll give you an exclusive tip. The other ones are basically identical and just as good/bad as that one.

Triumph - edge of excess

Dare - blood from a stone

Hit the lights - summer bones

'Surveillance?'

'Test of Faith?'

Dare's s/t debut?

Hit the Lights - are you serious? I love that album too, but it's possibly their weakest. Have you heard all of their first three? Especially 'Invicta.' I'm glad someone else appreciates how good 'Summer Bones' is, but this is a great band with a great discography. No way are they a one album band, and especially not 'Summer Bones.'

Kane Roberts - Saints and Sinners

Hurricane's ''Slave To The Thrill''

Not a fan of Kane Roberts' tacky but deceptively very good s/t debut?

Have you heard Hurricane's 'Take what you want?' Crucifies their other two albums. Which are both good (okay, 3 if you must include 'Liquifury').

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Black Crowes - By Your Side

Love/Hate - Blackout In The Room

Hardline - Double Eclipse

Crashdiet - Generation Wild

Angel Dust - Enlighten The Darkness

Hinder - Take It To The Limit

Wolfsbane - Live Fast, Die Fast

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Mindfunk - Dropped

Therapy? - Troublegum

Pearl Jam - Ten

I was thinking Hinder but i actually like Extreme Behaviour quite a bit.

Ive seen Appetite dropped a couple of times. I wonder if it would have been better for GnR to just release one Use Your Illusion with just the best songs - there are quite a few great tracks across both.

So i take it you dont like Rest in Sleaze?? For me its still their best album.

I like all Hinder albums with the original vocalist.

And yeah, Crashdiet? WTF?

Both albums by each band is easily their best, but both bands have strong discographies.

I'll give you an exclusive tip. The other ones are basically identical and just as good/bad as that one.

Triumph - edge of excess

'Surveillance?'

'Test of Faith?'

Dare's s/t debut?

Hit the Lights - are you serious? I love that album too, but it's possibly their weakest. Have you heard all of their first three? Especially 'Invicta.' I'm glad someone else appreciates how good 'Summer Bones' is, but this is a great band with a great discography. No way are they a one album band, and especially not 'Summer Bones.'

Have you heard Hurricane's 'Take what you want?' Crucifies their other two albums. Which are both good (okay, 3 if you must include 'Liquifury').

I like some on the songs on Kane Roberts' debut but overall I don't feel it's a great release. Full Pull for example has a cool vibe and good riff but the song as a whole kind of ends up going nowhere

And yes will have to check out ''Take What You Want'' I just remember years ago when I got into Hurricane I also read about ''Take What You Want'' and wanted to get it but it was a little harder to get or more expensive than the other albums so I never got it. Have the MP3s somewhere but never gave them a proper listen to be honest.... Might do that tonight

And Over The Edge is a bit deceiving in the sense that the opener is MASSIVE and sets the bar very high.... but after that the songs are nowhere near as good unfortunately. I'm Onto You is a nice ''radio'' song but that's basically it

Triumph - edge of excess

'Surveillance?'

'Test of Faith?'

Dare's s/t debut?

I like some on the songs on Kane Roberts' debut but overall I don't feel it's a great release. Full Pull for example has a cool vibe and good riff but the song as a whole kind of ends up going nowhere

And yes will have to check out ''Take What You Want'' I just remember years ago when I got into Hurricane I also read about ''Take What You Want'' and wanted to get it but it was a little harder to get or more expensive than the other albums so I never got it. Have the MP3s somewhere but never gave them a proper listen to be honest.... Might do that tonight

And Over The Edge is a bit deceiving in the sense that the opener is MASSIVE and sets the bar very high.... but after that the songs are nowhere near as good unfortunately. I'm Onto You is a nice ''radio'' song but that's basically it

Yeah, you need to hear 'Take what you want.' For the record, the best songs from 'Over the edge' were originally on 'Take what you want,' by as a complete album (mini-album, technically), it is by far their best.

Triumph - edge of excess

'Surveillance?'

'Test of Faith?'

Dare's s/t debut?

Re Allen/Lande

No they are not.

Triumph - edge of excess

'Surveillance?'

'Test of Faith?'

Dare's s/t debut?

Re Allen/Lande

No they are not.

Oh, but they are.

They failed to capture the magic of the debut. The only track which came close was 'Master of Sorrow' ....and even that wasnt as good.

Completely agree. Not that they are bad, but the debut destroys the others by a mile

• Like 1

Triumph - edge of excess

'Surveillance?'

'Test of Faith?'

Dare's s/t debut?

I could make an album of songs I like from the rest of Von Grooves albums but not one in full that does it for me like the debut

I only really like 'into the fire' from Dares debut to be honest

I've only heard summer bones and Invicta and the only songs I like from that one are 'get to you' and ' gravity' not much else did much for me really but Summer Bones is one of my favourite modern albums, love it

It's quite easy to remember, because it's self-titled.

LOL

They failed to capture the magic of the debut. The only track which came close was 'Master of Sorrow' ....and even that wasnt as good.

Completely agree. Not that they are bad, but the debut destroys the others by a mile

Thank you. Not even close imo.

Yep the Battle is the best of the four Allen/Lande releases. I've made a mix of all four discs for my car and it is up there in awesomeness with my personal mix of favourite Savatage tunes.

As for Crashdiet, Generation Wild destroys all their other releases by a long shot. I've had them all and the only one I've kept in my collection was Generation Wild.

Yep the Battle is the best of the four Allen/Lande releases. I've made a mix of all four discs for my car and it is up there in awesomeness with my personal mix of favourite Savatage tunes.

As for Crashdiet, Generation Wild destroys all their other releases by a long shot. I've had them all and the only one I've kept in my collection was Generation Wild.

Does Generation Wild 'destroy' Rest in Sleaze??

I dont think so. In fact im not even sure if its better??