Bands you like but only one album

Glen

• My Little Pony

Isn't the idea of this thread to list bands that have one album you like, while the rest you disdain? Not that you think the other albums are simply not as good, but you actually despise the band's entire catalogue, save one album. That was my impression.

Isn't the idea of this thread to list bands that have one album you like, while the rest you disdain? Not that you think the other albums are simply not as good, but you actually despise the band's entire catalogue, save one album. That was my impression.

That was the idea but i dont think folk have veered too far....its made for some interesting insight.

Yep the Battle is the best of the four Allen/Lande releases. I've made a mix of all four discs for my car and it is up there in awesomeness with my personal mix of favourite Savatage tunes.

As for Crashdiet, Generation Wild destroys all their other releases by a long shot. I've had them all and the only one I've kept in my collection was Generation Wild.

Does Generation Wild 'destroy' Rest in Sleaze??

I dont think so. In fact im not even sure if its better??

'Generation wild' is a lot better, imo, but like I said, their discography is pretty good, apart from the last one. 'Rest in sleaze' is very good, though.

These are all CDs I dig, but none of them have ever made me feel particularly compelled to track down more of the band's catalogs...

Deceased - Fearless Undead Machines

(most of what little I've heard from these guys outside of this album is a lil' too "death metal" for me)

Heavens' Gate - Hell For Sale!

Helmet - Meantime

Jacobs Dream - s/t

(I have owned several of their other CDs and ditched'em...on their second album the singer's voice was shot, and the third had a new/better singer but it was just boooooring)

Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

Stratovarius - The Chosen Ones

(I bought several of their other albums after this one but eventually came to the conclusion that if you've heard one Stratovarius album you've pretty much heard'em all... so I ditched the others and stuck with this.)

Venom - Cast in Stone

(Never been more than a casual Venom fan, but this is a 2-CD set of their then-new reunion album plus a bonus disc of re-recorded oldies, so it's all the Venom I'll ever need.)

VoiVod - Nothingface

(I basically got this one for the cover of Pink Floyd's "Astronomy Domine." My brother is a huge fan of these guys but the rest of their catalog is too weird/noisy/"out there" for me.)

They failed to capture the magic of the debut. The only track which came close was 'Master of Sorrow' ....and even that wasnt as good.

Completely agree. Not that they are bad, but the debut destroys the others by a mile

Thank you. Not even close imo.

I have to disagree as I rarely listen to the 1st one but I have worn out the 2nd....

Crashdiet - Generation Wild

Angel Dust - Enlighten The Darkness

Personal preferences aside, it's hard to imagine an angel dust fan not liking the majority of their releases. I mean I don't think it's the case of a band with one great release overshadowing the rest of their catalog.

Yep the Battle is the best of the four Allen/Lande releases. I've made a mix of all four discs for my car and it is up there in awesomeness with my personal mix of favourite Savatage tunes.

As for Crashdiet, Generation Wild destroys all their other releases by a long shot. I've had them all and the only one I've kept in my collection was Generation Wild.

Does Generation Wild 'destroy' Rest in Sleaze??

I dont think so. In fact im not even sure if its better??

'Generation wild' is a lot better, imo, but like I said, their discography is pretty good, apart from the last one. 'Rest in sleaze' is very good, though.

Ive got Generation Wild... and thats what im happy with for this band.

I do think Generation Wild is their best and for me, probably 10-15 years from now, gonna be as close as the classic Skid Row - s/t or Motley Crue - Dr.Feelgood, but then Rest In Sleaze came second and it's a great album too. The other two is okay, not bad but very rarely played

I do think Generation Wild is their best and for me, probably 10-15 years from now, gonna be as close as the classic Skid Row - s/t or Motley Crue - Dr.Feelgood, but then Rest In Sleaze came second and it's a great album too. The other two is okay, not bad but very rarely played

Come on, buddy, it's not that they compose those 10-15 minutes epic tracks. Once you put Crashdiet in the stereo, you could easily spin 2-3 of their cds. Picture me doing this with their vinyls, well except U. Revolution.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say I despise a particular band's canon, but there are certainly some bands that I think are great on one album and patchy across the rest of their discography ...

Love/Hate: Blackout In The Red Room (never really got into their second album ... didn't bother with the rest)

Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory

Every Mother's Nightmare: Wake Up Screaming (there are a couple of songs on their debut that float my boat, but everything else is just ... meh)

Faith No More: The Real Thing

Guns n' Roses: Appetite For Destruction (if they'd kept 'Illusion' down to one album, they could've had their name on two stone-cold killer releases)

Black Sabbath (with Ozzy): Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (to this day, I don't understand the fanboy devotion to this incarnation of Sabbath)

Slayer: South Of Heaven

Gun: Swagger

There are more ...

Strangeways - Walk In The Fire and I agree with Love Hate ''Blackout In The Red Room'' a few have mentioned before. Maybe Slik Toxik's ''Doin' The Nasty'' as well, never really listened to ''Irrelevant'' but from what I heard so far it's not that good

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say I despise a particular band's canon, but there are certainly some bands that I think are great on one album and patchy across the rest of their discography ...

Love/Hate: Blackout In The Red Room (never really got into their second album ... didn't bother with the rest)

Every Mother's Nightmare: Wake Up Screaming (there are a couple of songs on their debut that float my boat, but everything else is just ... meh)

Guns n' Roses: Appetite For Destruction (if they'd kept 'Illusion' down to one album, they could've had their name on two stone-cold killer releases)

Black Sabbath (with Ozzy): Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (to this day, I don't understand the fanboy devotion to this incarnation of Sabbath)

There are more ...

You don't like the first two?? Interesting...

• 2 weeks later...

There are more ...

You don't like the first two?? Interesting...

Interesting indeed. The first two are the best ones.

• 6 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/29/2016 at 5:48 AM, Glen said:

Saw this on another site and thought it was interesting.

Heres a few of mine -

Edguy - Rocketride

Love/Hate - Blackout in the Red Room

Supersuckers - Evil Powers of rock n roll

HIM - Love Metal

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Hardline - Double Eclipse

Megadeth - Rust in Peace

Pallas - The Sentinel

Fish - Vigil in a Wildnerness

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Oh man, how can you not like Hardline's other albums, yes, the debut is the best, but they've put out some good music since then. :)

Wham! - Make It Big