Is this legit?

Sick_Of_It_All

I wasn't sure where to ask this. I've always been a fan of Badlands & Ray Gillen & have collected discs over the years but I don't always keep up with everything that was released by all of the bands I like. There are so friggin many lol. Anyway I stumbled across this because I'm in a group on Facebook for CD collectors & someone posted a pic of another box set just of Ray Gillen that I'd never seen & I was doing some searching on it. Of which it seems impossible to find. But this looks like a bootleg to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Badlands-Lost-Tracks-Live-Super-Rare-5CDs-1DVD-Box-Set-Jake-E-Lee-Ray-Gillen-/231681678657?hash=item35f14ddd41

Haha I'm pretty sure that's not KISS. But yeah I'd seen the pics on the discs weren't centered & the actual DVD label looks to be printed from a bubble jet printer on crappy paper. But did this set exist at all? I couldn't find anything. But I found very little of the Gillen singles/ promo videos set I was searching as well.

Only $119.99! What a steal! :rofl2:

I followed the DVD mastering trade crowd for a long time. They would get the best possible copies of material of shows, promo vids and then clean them up as best they could, add really nice menus etc. They would look totally legit because they were done by the fans who cared, unlike this one. Some bands actually picked up on these boots and organised to have them released. I could be wrong but I think steelheart released one :

http://www.steelheart.com/music.html

That's SOOO funny.

The description totally cracks me up, enlarged the text on my two favorite parts:

Purchased years ago from a Badlands "source" on line. Nice DVD case with spindle holders for each of the 6 discs. See track listing for each disc in the pictures posted above. Ozzy & Red Dragon Cartel fans: Jake E Lee; Sun Red Sun, Phenomena, Black Sabbath fans: Ray Gillen. DVD is pretty cool : rare show with the charismatic Ray Gillen in his prime. Shipping USA ONLY. ?s on this or any of my auctions, please message me. Please see my other auctions & God bless.

Why do all the crooks feel the need to bring their God into the mix when they are doing wrong?

• My Little Pony

That's SOOO funny.

The description totally cracks me up, enlarged the text on my two favorite parts:

Purchased years ago from a Badlands "source" on line. Nice DVD case with spindle holders for each of the 6 discs. See track listing for each disc in the pictures posted above. Ozzy & Red Dragon Cartel fans: Jake E Lee; Sun Red Sun, Phenomena, Black Sabbath fans: Ray Gillen. DVD is pretty cool : rare show with the charismatic Ray Gillen in his prime. Shipping USA ONLY. ?s on this or any of my auctions, please message me. Please see my other auctions & God bless.

Why do all the crooks feel the need to bring their God into the mix when they are doing wrong?

Right?

Yeah, it's so weird. Because religious people are all such great people that do no wrong. ;)

And how does anyone on this site not know that is a picture of KISS?! :lol: I feel like it's quite a famous photo of the band, yes?

Yeah, it's so weird. Because religious people are all such great people that do no wrong. ;)

And how does anyone on this site not know that is a picture of KISS?! :lol: I feel like it's quite a famous photo of the band, yes?

Because I have always thought Kiss completely sucked ass & never listened to anything they did. One of the most overrated bands of all time in my opinion. Only surpassed in overratedness by the Beatles & Aerosmith lol. But I honestly couldn't see that picture very well at all. It wouldn't enlarge so all I saw was a group of 4 dudes in black. With the blown up pic glam_junkie posted I can totally see it. Either way I appreciate the info. It looked hoakie to me but I was curious none the less.

I agree that the Beatles & Aerosmith & Van Halen suck dog balls, but KISS aren't bad. How do you know they suck so bad if you never listened to anything they did? Try their 'Crazy Nights' album from 1987 at least and you might find yourself surprised. They're certainly not the best band ever, but there is a certain charm to them.

I agree that the Beatles & Aerosmith & Van Halen suck dog balls, but KISS aren't bad. How do you know they suck so bad if you never listened to anything they did? Try their 'Crazy Nights' album from 1987 at least and you might find yourself surprised. They're certainly not the best band ever, but there is a certain charm to them.

yeah and I would argue that Kiss Alive II is possibly in the top 10 live albums of all time.

just saying....

Kiss had their filler, but their hits are pretty classic imo.

I would take that a bit further and recommend most of the "post-makeup" era, 1983-89.

Lick It Up

Animalize

Asylum

Crazy Nights

Hot in the Shade

The '70s stuff gets the most airplay and traditionalists tend to consider this "classic" KISS to be the best material, but not me. Give me '80s KISS over '70s KISS any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I would take that a bit further and recommend most of the "post-makeup" era, 1983-89.

Lick It Up

Animalize

Asylum

Crazy Nights

Hot in the Shade

The '70s stuff gets the most airplay and traditionalists tend to consider this "classic" KISS to be the best material, but not me. Give me '80s KISS over '70s KISS any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Add 'Revenge' to your list and I agree 100% with everything else you say. I don't own anything they recorded before 'Creatures of the night' (1982).

Lookout, KISS fanboy comin' thru...

I'm sorry, but Crazy Nights and Hot in the Shade were by-the numbers crap IMO. Revenge stopped the skid nicely, but it's their last truly awesome record.

I don't wanna go off on a rant here, but I have never understood why Crazy Nights gets so much love. It's a f*ckin godawful transvestite pop record. "Hey fellas! Heart just sold a sh*t load of records, let's use THEIR producer, bring in a bunch of keyboards and go totally corporate rock! It'll be AWESOME!"

Barf.