Bulletboys - Elefante

Stefan

22629_954925841208931_519799113337047660

From FB:

When Others are Reliving the Past, BulletBoys are Forging for The Future!!!! Our Brand New Record ELEFANTE‬ Drops on June 2015!
Can't Wait For Our Summer
Press Release coming soon..Stay Tuned!!! Cheers!! Bulletboys

Bulletboys:

Marq Torien - Vocals & Lead Guitar

Nick Rozz - Guitar

Aaron Samson - Bass

Shawn Duncan - Drums

www.bulletboysofficial.com

bulletboyselefantecd.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Rollover
02. Tsunami
03. Symphony
04. The Villain
05. Kin Folk
06. Saving You From Me
07. As Dumb As
08. Superhuman Girl
09. Drop Your Weapon
10. Bitch Is Back
11. Elefanté

Jeez, Torien has aged poorly. I haven't bothered with them for quite some time but I'd be kind of curious to hear what they're up to with this latest mess.

The comment of forging the future and not reliving the past scares me. In other words we don't sound at all like we did, have sold our souls and jumped on the bandwagon of modern music.

• My Little Pony

Lolwut?

In related news, John Elefante is releasing a new album entitled "Bulletboys". Go figure.

Yeah. My initial thought was this must be the most unusual collaboration ever.

Good ol' Deadline/Cleopatra Records... always there to provide a loving home to washed up one-hit '80s rockers and their associated hangers-on...

Will probably never hear this,liked the debut but never really liked anything else except THC Groove from their second release,am I wrong or did I read somewhere that the other original members(without Torein) where playing together(with Andrew Freeman on vocals),or maybe Im just misty minded :) it was probably years ago knowing my luck.

Will probably never hear this,liked the debut but never really liked anything else except THC Groove from their second release,am I wrong or did I read somewhere that the other original members(without Torein) where playing together(with Andrew Freeman on vocals),or maybe Im just misty minded :) it was probably years ago knowing my luck.

If you're trippin' I'm trippin'. I can't remember the details either (so much so that I half expected this new album to feature several original members) but I also recall reading something about original members getting back together.

If you're trippin' I'm trippin'. I can't remember the details either (so much so that I half expected this new album to feature several original members) but I also recall reading something about original members getting back together.

No they are together but under a different name. There are live Youtube vidz out there and it sounds damn good!

Here's what I thought of the first three... debut all the way, by miles.

Bulletboys - 1988 - 81%
ZaZa - 1993 - 69%
Freakshow - 1991 - 62%

Wow. I don't know. The debut never clicked with me. Sure, there are some cool songs on it...but I remember my first spin of Zaza and I dug pretty much the whole thing. Granted, I haven't listened to a BB album in its entirety in years so maybe my opinion would change now. One thing I do know is that I attempted many times to get into Freakshow and never could.

I'd give za za a higher rating. As good as the debut but very different. Freak show is awesome in parts and terrible in others. I've grown to like it more over the years as I listen to a cut down version if it.

Maybe I need to go back and listen again but they went from an amazing debut and ended with unlistenable, to me.

Oh how I loved the Debut. Saw them in a small venue in Manchester, England , at that time. Simply awesome.

There is excellent stuff on 'ZaZa;' stuff that I really love. But there is also equal parts poor tunes, imo, that drag what could have been a good score down. Aside from 'Good Girl,' 'Freakshow' is a mess.

What?! Bad production? Really? We going down that path again? Isn't the production on the disc fine? I only ever recall thinking it was well produced. The problem is only the songs, imo, which are just shit.

Half the album is woeful, the other half is very good to excellent imo especially the covers - Hang On St. Christopher & Talk To Your Daughter. Not a good sign when the covers are the highlight tho!

Funny, looking at the CDs and the titles there is a similarity to Jettblack. Check out the song titles on the first 3 bulletboys CD and then on Acid Monkey. We all picked up on that on the new Jettblack album. I guess that means it's curtains for them!!! ;)

What?! Bad production? Really? We going down that path again? Isn't the production on the disc fine? I only ever recall thinking it was well produced. The problem is only the songs, imo, which are just shit.

You are fucking with me right? This is the worst sound cd ever...

You cannot hear the kick drums, the high's are so high they distort at times (see THC Groove). Their best produced cd was ZaZa by far.