Hello everyone!

Dark

Hi, I've been looking for an active, friendly, rock based forum for years and i can't believe I've not stumbled across this place before yesterday! I grew up being fed classic rock by my uncles (AC/DC, Judas Priest, Kiss, Zep etc etc) but in my teens in the 80's i got hooked on the likes of Ratt, Bon Jovi, Enuff Z'Nuff, Slaughter, Firehouse, W.A.S.P. etc etc.

My music taste has expanded to most genre's during the years but it seems i'm gravitating back to my roots more and more and i've been hunting for what's good in the rock and AOR world at the moment and stumbled across some interesting lists of good albums of the past few years on this very forum and took a stab at H.E.A.T. to see if i agreed. Wow, what a great sounding band i've been missing.

So thank you. I'm off to read some more posts on what is hot and what is not!

Stewart

Salutes 'n' hoots.

\m/ Welcome \m/ Great place to talk music

• My Little Pony

Welcome. Grab a beer. Or two. You're gonna need it to get through some of these threads. As long as you ignore all posts from Geoff and I, you should do alright.

Thanks guys!

Welcome. Grab a beer. Or two. You're gonna need it to get through some of these threads. As long as you ignore all posts from Geoff and I, you should do alright.

You're not kidding! I've been reading through the 2014 and 2015 threads and making a note of what has been rated so far. Man i've got some catching up to do!

Will do Nightrain, i'm not a fan of Facebook so thank you all for your hospitality!

Is their an etiquette around here or should i just get stuck in? :)

• My Little Pony

Are us Brits thin on the ground round here Glen?

Nope. It's made up of equal parts Brits, Aussies, and Americans. Us Canadians are probably the next in line, then we have a single member from a handful of countries: Finland, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

It's really good to see a wide range of nationality's on here! and good to see some fellow brits.

I wished i lived somewhere near a decent rock venue. There is nothing in Lincolnshire. I browse the gig guide in Classic Rock magazine and envy the people that live near Camden!

There's not a lot here in Milton Keynes either, except pub venues, so London it is for me too, not that I get a lot of time to go to any shows in the last few years

Nottingham is our nearest decent city music wise. I used to go to Rock City regularly for gigs but i've moved further away since then. London is a complete ball ache to get to from here so i've never seen been to a gig there. However i did see Bon Jovi in Milton Keynes a while back. I have the feeling it was the Crush tour. Andreas Johnson was supporting.