House Of Lords - Indestructible

Stefan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rocker is a HOL fanboy. :D

Still nothing compares to World Upside Down or the classic debut + Sahara.

Yeah, what about 'Demons Down;' arguably their best album?! That, or the debut, imo.

The Rocker is a HOL fanboy. :D

Still nothing compares to World Upside Down or the classic debut + Sahara.

Yeah, what about 'Demons Down;' arguably their best album?! That, or the debut, imo.

Agree, Demons Down is absolute killer.

1st three and World Upside Down for me,enjoyed the last few but they aint nowhere as good as those I mentioned or indeed as good as they could have been,still...looking forward to the release.

This is definitely a case where the band should have changed their name. Those first albums (I know it's been a long time since they came out) had some magical moments on them but this has nothing to do with those albums anymore. It's basically the same as Maxx Explosion with a different singer so they're calling it House of Lords... But also detached from the legacy and band name I'm not too crazy about their recent outputs

This is definitely a case where the band should have changed their name. Those first albums (I know it's been a long time since they came out) had some magical moments on them but this has nothing to do with those albums anymore. It's basically the same as Maxx Explosion with a different singer so they're calling it House of Lords... But also detached from the legacy and band name I'm not too crazy about their recent outputs

This has the bands original and only singer, and the blessing of Greg Guiffria. So I'm ok with the name "Houses Of Lords" for them.

Yeah, I gotta say - and I'm a bit of a tight arse when it comes to bands keeping their names when they shouldn't - but even though Christian is the only original guy in this line-up, aside from that horrific 'Power & the myth' disc they did (which actually did feature other original members, didn't it?), I don't think these guys (or this guy, lol) have ever strayed from "their sound."

Sure, the last few albums have been disappointing, but still disappointing HOL discs. I guess it just shows how imperative it is for a band to keep their original vocalist for them to maintain their sound. I also assume he was always had a massive hand in the song writing from the start too.

I just think the last couple HOL's discs have been missing something. Not sure what.

I agree they are not the best HOL albums, BUT, you can't expect a band to top or even stay level with each release. They are not clunkers by any stretch.

I just think the last couple HOL's discs have been missing something. Not sure what.

I agree they are not the best HOL albums, BUT, you can't expect a band to top or even stay level with each release. They are not clunkers by any stretch.

Oh definitely not. They are all pretty solid. I do give them props for releasing solid efforts except for the Power & Myth crapola.

Oh definitely not. They are all pretty solid. I do give them props for releasing solid efforts except for the Power & Myth crapola.

Love this band from day one, and yes PATM what were they thinking?! lol

Could make a pretty kickass compilation for sure from their last few discs.

I have!! The last 5 albums have made one hell of a compilation!!!

2 discs! :lol:

2 discs! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Stefan. Pre ordered it along with the Trixter.

• 2 weeks later...