House Of Lords - Indestructible

Stefan

I feel like i should love this but it just leaves me cold. James cristian just sounds so strained these days.

Yup.... I agree. Left me cold too. Nothing really wrong with it but it just doesn't grab me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like i should love this but it just leaves me cold. James cristian just sounds so strained these days.

Yup.... I agree. Left me cold too. Nothing really wrong with it but it just doesn't grab me.

Agree, don't hate it but don't love it. As big As a fan that I am, I'm one who can say when one of their favorite bands is not up to par.

But when you've listened to both the new HoL and Maxx Explosion things get pretty clear - that HoL got most of the great songs.

lets hope the others are better than this then.

Sounds okay... production at least sounds a lot better than the last album already.

SAHARA easily gets my vote fer best HOL with DEMONS DOWN a mighty close second... While at the time POWER AND THE MYTH was a letdown it wasn't and isn't that bad a record to return to fer a different HOL listen IMO...

Of the recent releases sure WORLD UPSIDE DOWN is right up there but actually liked (the terribly titled) BIG MONEY best, finally they threw back to some past One Man Down playing out like the sister to the Demons Down track while Someday When continued their moden flare without losing that classic sound.

Aside from the cool opening track Battle, PRECIOUS METAL however did sound tired offerring nothing fresh (of interest while lyrically meh at times CARTESIAN DREAMS thrived for its delving into new ideas and whatnot). In fact PRECIOUS METAL sounded like late 90's/early 00's Def Leppard to these ears, both musically and in production, over produced and saturated in vocal effects :(

SO, agree with the majority here, hoping this new record is something more. Because aside from the last record HOL remain an essential part of our modern MR world \m/

A fun read folks :)

Yes, not a fan of that song.

The chorus is not bad, but they should revamp the whole verse

They should probably just have left the whole thing on the cutting room floor.

The chorus is not bad, but they should revamp the whole verse

They should probably just have left the whole thing on the cutting room floor.

my issue is what the fuck is he on about : a pillar of salt?? sounds like a recipe for a heart attack.

I think 'A Pillar of Salt' was taken from the bible, remember Lot's wife that's turn into that after looking back?

it's from the book of Genesis if i'm not mistaken, haven't listen to the lyric properly but I guess that's that

I think 'A Pillar of Salt' was taken from the bible, remember Lot's wife that's turn into that after looking back?

it's from the book of Genesis if i'm not mistaken, haven't listen to the lyric properly but I guess that's that

i have no interest in that whatsoever - or this song.

Yeah, personally, I'd have preferred the lyrics to be about a pillar of salt falling on some fries he bought earlier that day than whatever that pointless biblical shit is. Christ knows pouring salt on a bag of fries is more worthwhile than the bible in it's entirety. ;)

At the end of the day, though, it's still just a drab song.