H.E.A.T. - Live In London (2015)

AlphaMale

• My Little Pony

4 reasons you should buy this :

1. you may not see them live anywhere but Europe and no DVD in production and there might be no DVD at all

2. there's no good quality bootlegs

3. hearing Erik singing couple of old tunes

4. Japan's version contain Glen's fave song, 'Beg Beg 'Beg'

:D

And I do love Glenard's favourite song!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got this album in the mail and have been cranking it...

I think this is a pretty well done album and sounds great to me. I think they've done it the right way and it does have a polished bootleg type feel to it since it's mainly one show and not just some collection of live tracks from all over the place...as most live albums normally seem to be.

I do wish a DVD came along with it to but I usually only watch live DVD's once anyways, so no big deal.

Having been lucky enough to see H.e.a.t live in 2014, I think this disc is a pretty fair representation of their show and does a good job capturing their energy on stage. I think those that like what H.e.a.t has done on their past couple albums and like hearing a live presentation will enjoy this album.

Dont know why it is, but I havent bought a live album since the late 80s??

Why is it the live albums from yester year were always awesome, but nowadays they pretty much stink??

Live albums I absolutely love -

Whitesnake - Live in the Heart

Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous

Journey - Captured

AC/DC - If you Want Blood

Kiss - Alive II

Triumph - Live at the US Fest 83

REO - You Get What You Play For

MSG - One Night At Budokan

Black Sabbath - Live Evil

Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Marillion - The Thieving Magpie

Queen - Live Killers

Rainbow - On Stage

Motorhead - No Sleep Til Hammersmith

Each one of those is a bona fide classic imo.

The only recent(ish) live album which even approaches these is Threshold - Critcal Energy and even that is over 10 years old now!!

I have "some" live cds from back in the day, but I prefer a visual(Dvd, or go to a concert).

Dumb question #843:

I'm not at all familiar with the size of the venue or the size of the crowd in attendence, but it sounds to me like there has been canned crowd noise added. I wouldn't expect that amount of it, its consistent high volume level, or that pitch/timbre of crowd noise at a melodic rock show where most of the attendees are people aged 30+ (hell, likely 45+).

Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry... where zillions of teenage girls are in attendence, sure. This ain't that crowd.

It just sounds a bit fake to my ears.

• My Little Pony

Dumb question #843:

I'm not at all familiar with the size of the venue or the size of the crowd in attendence, but it sounds to me like there has been canned crowd noise added. I wouldn't expect that amount of it, its consistent high volume level, or that pitch/timbre of crowd noise at a melodic rock show where most of the attendees are people aged 30+ (hell, likely 45+).

Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry... where zillions of teenage girls are in attendence, sure. This ain't that crowd.

Was that a question?

;}

Dumb question #843:

Was that a question?

;}

Yeah.... what phunky said!

Dan.

I havent heard this disc but the crowd noise has been added. People have commented online about this issue.

Pretty sad thing to do imo.

On the night there were about 300 in attendance id say.

I've been to a lot of gigs with 300 and less people. I doubt the band would want the crowd to sound like it probably was ie. 3 drunken guys louder than anyone else probably asking for a couple of van Halen covers!

I've been to a lot of gigs with 300 and less people. I doubt the band would want the crowd to sound like it probably was ie. 3 drunken guys louder than anyone else probably asking for a couple of van Halen covers!

Why would any HEAT fan ask for a Van Halen cover....that would just ruin the gig ;-)

And for the record the crowd was superb....a few hundred or not.

This is just a case of the band getting above their station, which is a pity.

Pretty sure the crowd at the event was 500 or less from what I've heard...Think the venue only hold 1000 or something.

I do hear some embellishments of the crowd on the CD in a few spots....But I don't think it's horrible by any means and doesn't sound nearly as fake as many live CD's I've heard.

I mean, you can't really put out a live CD and have no crowd noise....kinda loses it's appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what I find interesting? I myself don't usually like live albums and don't get excited when they are announced, and neither do most people here from what I can tell (and I don't know anybody that does personally for that matter)

So knowing that, WHY ON EARTH are live albums always rated the highest out of a band's entire discography on rateyourmusic.com?? On that site for example H.E.A.T.'s 4 studio albums have scores between 3.32 and 3.64 and the live album has a 3.66... Or Guns n' Roses' terrible Live Era album is at 3.6 only slightly below the 3.75 that Appetite For Destruction has (the Use Your Illusion releases rated 3.4 and 3.5) or Thin Lizzy's Live & Dangerous (alright this is one case where it's justified and I love that album) has a 4.15. But the BBC and Peel Sessions releases (neither one a proper studio release) have scores above 4 which none of their studio releases got

So..... Is there something we're missing? Does the ''average'' music listener really love live albums, or are people less strict / more forgiving when rating live albums, is it because of Peter Frampton, I don't know...... or are the people voting on that site just weird? ;-)

I guess some people buy live albums and consider it like a greatest hits compilation with a twist, not many people collect albums

but I usually never care about rateyourmusic or besteveralbums or something like that, they're shit haha