Wigelius - Tabula Rasa

Stefan

• My Little Pony

We are not Guns N Roses

Shots fired!

Huh, maybe I'll have to pick up the debut to hold me over. Yeah... still haven't heard the first one.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall Talking About Love was a pretty solid LIGHT jam wasnt it? wasnt it about the girl who has no name??

If I recall Talking About Love was a pretty solid LIGHT jam wasnt it? wasnt it about the girl who has no name??

Definitely not light. Moderately ballsy band for their genre of music.

Good to see they're still alive, but that post doesn't really give one any hope that there is much urgency or that the album will be out anytime soon. :(

Good to see they're still alive, but that post doesn't really give one any hope that there is much urgency or that the album will be out anytime soon. :(

Yeah sounds like some runaround gobla gook, what you mean it's not light? you consider that to be heavy? or even rockish? maybe it can be seen as this(or how im interpreting it) I believe they weren't entirely sure what the temp was, perhaps they released the 3 trax to get a better feeling what the climate was for them releasing new music, even the FB message alone seems to state they are a little thrown off by the reaction to a new album, that's what I picked up out of it anyways, or perhaps we have a WALTHAM!!! situation, now staring Wigelius??

Yeah sounds like some runaround gobla gook, what you mean it's not light? you consider that to be heavy? or even rockish? maybe it can be seen as this(or how im interpreting it) I believe they weren't entirely sure what the temp was, perhaps they released the 3 trax to get a better feeling what the climate was for them releasing new music, even the FB message alone seems to state they are a little thrown off by the reaction to a new album, that's what I picked up out of it anyways, or perhaps we have a WALTHAM!!! situation, now staring Wigelius??

Not heavy, but definitely not light to the point where someone would point out how light they were. They remind me of a far better and more melodic Emergency ('Boys will be boys' band) and there's no way those guys were light. It's melodic rock, but with balls for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Very cool, but what the hell is a Tabula Rasa?!

From Wikipedia:

Tabula rasa (/ˈtæbjələ ˈrɑːsə, -zə, ˈr-/) refers to the epistemological idea that individuals are born without built-in mental content and that therefore all knowledge comes from experience or perception. Proponents of tabula rasa generally disagree with the doctrine of Innatism which holds that the mind is born already in possession of certain knowledge. Generally, proponents of the tabula rasa theory also favor the "nurture" side of the nature versus nurture debate when it comes to aspects of one's personality, social and emotional behavior, knowledge and sapience.

Phheewww!

Tabula Rasa is Latin (blank state) popularized by John Locke, a great exponent of Enlightenment, in his " An Essay Concerning Human Understanding". Mainly it was used in the field of Theory of Learning in Education.

I still find funny his theory on personal identity, "Lockean People", still it aroused a great debate and promoted moral issues.

Back on topic, I ordered today their first one, which is great, on sale from AOR heaven (I just had to get the latest Destine and a couple more to compensate for the shipping).

(1 1,00 CD 001267 Wigelius / Reinventions 7,50 7,50 2 1,00 CD 003342 Destine / Forevermore 15,00 15,00 3 1,00 CD 000777 Lionville / Lionville 7,50 7,50)

Very cool, but what the hell is a Tabula Rasa?!

From Wikipedia:

Tabula rasa (/ˈtæbjələ ˈrɑːsə, -zə, ˈreɪ-/) refers to the epistemological idea that individuals are born without built-in mental content and that therefore all knowledge comes from experience or perception. Proponents of tabula rasa generally disagree with the doctrine of Innatism which holds that the mind is born already in possession of certain knowledge. Generally, proponents of the tabula rasa theory also favor the "nurture" side of the nature versus nurture debate when it comes to aspects of one's personality, social and emotional behavior, knowledge and sapience.

Phheewww!

Oh, okay. Cool. So, what's Tabula Rasa? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Releasedate: January 29th (AOR Heaven)

12274434_910428492339388_500612604532678

Wigelius was formed in late 2011 by Anders Wigelius, after doing a Swedish tv show that gained him a record deal with Frontiers Records. The idea at the time was to deliver 80's rock with a modern twist. What it became was a heartfelt brotherhood of people that really love good music. It was all about the love for the music and having fun.

When Reinventions was released in 2012, it got immediate attention from the AOR-scene and the expectations on the sophomore release have been very high. To really get the right sound this time around, the band decided to trust the production in the talented hands of their own Erik Wigelius. This also made the process of making the album very creative, with everybody working together on the songs in the studio. Letting all voices be heard, maximizing the potential in each song.

Erik and his brother Anders are also responsible for the production of Care of Night's debut album Connected and has produced many artists and bands all over the world.

Tabula Rasa is latin for "Blank slate" and as a title for this album it couldn't be more fitting. The idea is to show the world how Wigelius really sound, by keeping everything that was great about the first album, and the genre, but taking it one step further.

With Patrik joining, it gave an extra shot in the arm for the band, and finally it feels like all the pieces are together. It's a very diverse album, ranging between influences collected over many years. There are a lot of flavours to be heard in the songs, making the album hard to place in a single genre.

Wigelius is the love child of it's members, and they promise a great future with more releases in the years to come.

Soundbytes:

'Deja Vu'

'Do It All Again'

'Run With Me'

With a great/unusual album title, I expected more sophisticated track titles ( so as far as song titles goes my favorite one-Sabbath Bloody Sabbath- remains untouched).

Still another example of unwritten law which regulates that tracks with "run" in the title are from decent to great. Maiden,obviously, is the exception (I hate "run to the hills/running free" :tumbsup: ).

• 2 weeks later...

Out January 29th.

12316166_1125328850838196_82041180014380

Tracks:

1. Do It All Again
2. Deja Vu
3. These Tears I Cry
4. Long Way from Home
5. Set Me Free
6. Yesterdays News
7. Time Well Wasted
8. 9 Out of 10