Night By Night to release debut in 2014

AlphaMale

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent bought a massive amount of albums so far this year, but I think this is my favourite so far.

Love the likes of Steel Panther, Toseland, HEAT and Winger etc, but this one I think has overtaken them.

All cracking albums, and maybe its just because thats the album I am currently into, so will wait to see by the end of the year how it pans out.

So far though its defo this album and those four that make up my top five, although its possible I have forgotten something, and there are a few more releases due.

D'oh! I could swear that when I did a search it didn't show up... damned drinking at work...

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the album launch gig on Friday night, and it was fantastic.

Was a kind of short set due to curfew, but they played the whole album minus two songs (Everywhere tonight and Its not faith), and finished with a cover of Love in an elevator.

Certainly one of those bands who translates their recorded sound well to the live environment.

Went to the album launch gig on Friday night, and it was fantastic.

Was a kind of short set due to curfew, but they played the whole album minus two songs (Everywhere tonight and Its not faith), and finished with a cover of Love in an elevator.

Certainly one of those bands who translates their recorded sound well to the live environment.

Very cool to hear!

Hang on I need to double check this.....they didn't play the best song on the album - Everywhere Tonight - but they played a bloody Aerosmith song ????!

That's just wrong.

So as there was a buzz about this one I've been giving it a good go. Probably on the 5th or 6th spin. Didn't grab me immediately. Then slowly it's growing on me. Some really great songs. Moments I hear Tesla, though not often, Moments I hear Icon, All in all very good.

Hang on I need to double check this.....they didn't play the best song on the album - Everywhere Tonight - but they played a bloody Aerosmith song ????!

That's just wrong.

While I myself wouldnt say Everywhere was their best, what I took from the show was they were not going to play ballads as it was a short sharp show, and no real time to slow things down.

It hit me right away. Loved it right away and it still gets constant spins.

Ditto.

And while I have seen at least one review refer to Tesla (I dont hear it myself), the most obvious comparisons to me are Journey and Leppard, especially for those vocal harmonies.

Not every song but there are times his delivery sounds a lot like Jeff Keith to me.

So my current favourite song is 'It's not faith'. Love it.

Every time I listen to this album it keeps getting better and better. Guess I must just be a bit slow.

• My Little Pony

Not every song but there are times his delivery sounds a lot like Jeff Keith to me.

So my current favourite song is 'It's not faith'. Love it.

Every time I listen to this album it keeps getting better and better. Guess I must just be a bit slow.

Jeff Keith? What? I must be listening to the wrong album, because the vocals are the main thing that bugs me about this release.

I wouldnt say anything 'bugs me' about this album.

Its well excuted, well produced, well played.

If anything Id say that its lacking a complete killer song. All songs are very good and I think in the long run my rating will creep into the lower 80s but yeah - maybe a really killer song would help the album overall.

Track 4 is still my fav and is great but still only a 9/10 track.........

I wouldnt say anything 'bugs me' about this album.

Its well excuted, well produced, well played.

If anything Id say that its lacking a complete killer song. All songs are very good and I think in the long run my rating will creep into the lower 80s but yeah - maybe a really killer song would help the album overall.

Track 4 is still my fav and is great but still only a 9/10 track.........

Exacty my thoughts on this. I've played this 4 or 5 times and it is a very very nice sounding and played disc, but there are no tracks that are making my heart go boom and forcing me to hit the repeat button very often. I will bear with it, but I doubt it will get any better than is is at the moment, so If I had to give a mark like you guys do, I'd rate it around 75'ish

Haha, funny you say that. I've heard the album a hundred times so far and never once thought of Jeff Keith, yet today when I listened there was just this one moment - I forget which one - where I actually thought the same thing. lol. Not sure it's across the whole disc, though.;)

I'm still diggin' it. In a year of not-so-amazing releases so far, I kind of agree with Jez and Glen that it doesn't knock your balls into your face, but it's the best of the lot so far, imo.

Haha, funny you say that. I've heard the album a hundred times so far and never once thought of Jeff Keith, yet today when I listened there was just this one moment - I forget which one - where I actually thought the same thing. lol. Not sure it's across the whole disc, though.;)

I'm still diggin' it. In a year of not-so-amazing releases so far, I kind of agree with Jez and Glen that it doesn't knock your balls into your face, but it's the best of the lot so far, imo.

I agree - there is one song in the verse where he sounds like him