Night By Night to release debut in 2014

AlphaMale

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every song but there are times his delivery sounds a lot like Jeff Keith to me.

Haha, funny you say that. I've heard the album a hundred times so far and never once thought of Jeff Keith, yet today when I listened there was just this one moment - I forget which one - where I actually thought the same thing. lol. Not sure it's across the whole disc, though.;) I'm still diggin' it. In a year of not-so-amazing releases so far, I kind of agree with Jez and Glen that it doesn't knock your balls into your face, but it's the best of the lot so far, imo.
I agree - there is one song in the verse where he sounds like him

Its Siren

Mkay... I've just given this its first full listen. Based on all the hoopla surrounding it, I was expecting something WAY better. Maybe it's a grower, but it first blush I'm wondering what all the fuss was about.

It's solid, but not stellar by any means.

• My Little Pony

Mkay... I've just given this its first full listen. Based on all the hoopla surrounding it, I was expecting something WAY better. Maybe it's a grower, but it first blush I'm wondering what all the fuss was about.

What did I say?

give it 5 spins and see if your opinion changes.....mine did.

Its not a world beater, but its a damned fine disc.

Its not a world beater,.

One of my top albums of the year without a doubt.

To each their own.

Given the quality of releases so far this year these two opinions are not mutually exclusive.

As I said its not a world beater, but its a damned fine disc.

Pretty much sums up their sound. Wouldnt call them a "modern rock" band per se, but yeah defo a more modern take on the Journey sound with a bit of Leppard influence here and there.

I think the heavier sound is why I like this so much, when Journey to me are a greatest hits type band.

• 6 months later...

As of today, we have officially parted company with vocalist Henry Rundell. The decision is an amicable one & we thank him & wish him all the best for his future.

Henry: "It is with sadness I must inform you all of my departure from NxN. It is a decision I did not come to lightly but feel is the right one for me. I have had great fun playing with the guys & we had some amazing times both on the road & in the studio. I wish everyone all the best in what they do & say a big thank you to all who supported NxN & myself throughout the years.”

We will still play the next 3 shows (London, Grimsby & Hard Rock Hell) with the superb Daniel Leigh of New Device. Thanks to all of you for always standing by us! If you or someone you know is interested in the role of lead vocalist for the band, get in touch.

As of today, we have officially parted company with vocalist Henry Rundell. The decision is an amicable one & we thank him & wish him all the best for his future.

Henry: "It is with sadness I must inform you all of my departure from NxN. It is a decision I did not come to lightly but feel is the right one for me. I have had great fun playing with the guys & we had some amazing times both on the road & in the studio. I wish everyone all the best in what they do & say a big thank you to all who supported NxN & myself throughout the years.”

We will still play the next 3 shows (London, Grimsby & Hard Rock Hell) with the superb Daniel Leigh of New Device. Thanks to all of you for always standing by us! If you or someone you know is interested in the role of lead vocalist for the band, get in touch.

WTF!! That sucks!!!

Big shame, as I liked his voice. Good to hear that if the New Device guy is not permanent I assume they're still active too. Two good bands I'd like to see continue on.

Im seeing them on Sat, so yeah that does suck but at least they have a good replacement for the show - I like that New Device guy.

Yeah, he'd be a good fit for the band if they were to decide to mesh together.

New Device are in the process of recording some new EPs, and about to release a live album, so are defo still an ongoing concern.

Knowing both Ben and Dan, they are part of a crowd of British musicians who are all good mates, so will often help each other out when bands need temp replacements.

• My Little Pony

Just saw them. Did well all things considered, but in fairness were blown away by Degreed.

That would make sense.

• My Little Pony

Is Degreed's 1st disc as good as "We Don't Belong"?

I haven't checked it out yet.

I'm gonna say no, but still worth getting.