Night By Night to release debut in 2014

AlphaMale

Appears these guys have finally been signed to Sun Hill Production.

http://www.sunhillproduction.com/nxn_.html

NIGHT BY NIGHT

nxnphoto_web.jpg

Night by Night are without doubt one of the best young best bands out there today. Real songs with great riffs and
vocal harmonies. Packing the best of the 80’s with a youthful, fresh enthusiasm.”

- Rick Savage -
defleppardsays%20%28kopia%29.png

Night by Night a five-piece hard rock band from London, England, whose gripping sound fuses searing riffs with soaring
melodies. This cutting-edge quintet combine the best of classic and contemporary rock, boasting irresistible choruses.

NxN will be releasing their debut album in 2014 and perform live in a city near You! Stay tuned for more info.

Band members:

Henry Rundell : Vocals
Ben Christo: Guitars
Tom Daniel: Guitars
Jonny Thornton: Bass
Damian Diablo: Drums

nxn_logo.png

With stunning 3-part vocal harmonies that charge their sound and it’s this feature that firmly distinguishes Night by Night
from the rest, all presented through a flawless production that casts a spotlight on the band’s superb musicianship.
Imagine the heavy - weight riffs and modern crunch of Alterbridge with the infectious choruses and lush vocal harmonies
of Journey, and you’re somewhere close.

“These guys are the complete package, big hooks, big melodies and shit- hot harmonies. If this is a taste of things to
come, Night by Night are assured of a bright future!’
- Paul Anthony, Planet Rock Radio

‘All the best bits of the 80s rock scene, combined with the total relevance of today.’ - Metal Hammer

‘Classic kick ass AOR by the Night Ranger of Now. Top notch.’ - Record Collector

‘A throwback to the days when melodic hard rock ruled the airwaves, there’s no mistaking the identity of Night by Night's
heroes – but the band performs with a skill and confidence that does them credit.’
- Classic Rock

Night by Night are the perfect combination of the best guitar riffs from hard rock, the melodies of AOR and the modern
sound of EMO’
- Kerrang!

© 2013 Sun Hill Production.
Finally one of the most engaging bands from the UK Melodic Hard Rock scene, NIGHT BY NIGHT, has the opportunity to release their full length debut album, entitled "NxN".

It had to be Swedish label, Sun Hill Productions, who picked up this talented lot, and the physical CD will be available soon.
NIGHT+BY+NIGHT+-+NxN+2014+front+cover.gi
01 - Time To Escape
02 - Holding Onto Holding On
03 - Can't Walk Away
04 - Everywhere Tonight
05 - Siren
06 - A Thousand Lies
07 - It's Not Faith
08 - The Moment
09 - If Only
10 - Never Die Again

Henry Rundell: Vocals
Ben Christo: Guitars, Backing Vocals
Tom Daniel: Guitars
Jonny Thornton: Bass
Damian Diablo: Drums

Release Date TBA:
www.sunhillproduction.com/nxn_.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking it's just the two EPs they already released.

I am assuming as the song titles are the same as the two EPs.

They have only released two singles since Henry took over as vocalist, The moment & Tune out the static ep.

Both consisted of the same songs mostly.

The moment contained two versions of the same song, and Tune out the static contained a reworked version of Time to escape, another version of The moment and If only.

The rest of the songs on this album have never been released before.

Even the single with the original singer only contained Time to escape and The moment.

I am thinking it's just the two EPs they already released.

I am assuming as the song titles are the same as the two EPs.

They have only released two singles since Henry took over as vocalist, The moment & Tune out the static ep.

Both consisted of the same songs mostly.

The moment contained two versions of the same song, and Tune out the static contained a reworked version of Time to escape, another version of The moment and If only.

The rest of the songs on this album have never been released before.

Even the single with the original singer only contained Time to escape and The moment.

So we have a bunch of new tunes then? I'm very interested in hearing this, although I liked the original version of "Time To Escape" better.

Yeah, the original version was better. The moment isnt that much different between the different singers, so I was surprised that Time to escape was so noticeably different.

So far the only other song I have heard (excluding seeing them live) is If only, and while its not as catchy as the previously mentioned songs, its still a great song.

Let me tell you folks. This is one OUTSTANDING release!!! I absolutely love these tunes. Only out in Sweden for now but damn..... what a band!!!!

Anybody who wants to hear this, I have uploaded it and will share the link. PM me.

News NIGHT BY NIGHT To Support Swedish Rockers EUROPE In 2014

Swedish Rock Legends are Joined by Up-and-Coming UK Melodic Rockers

UK rockers Night By Night announced today that they are special guests on Europe's tour of Sweden, which kicks-off in Stockholm on March 3. ”This is excellent,“ enthuses Night by Night guitarist Ben Christo, ”if you'd have told us when we started this band that we'd support Europe, we'd have probably said, 'Wow. That's it. We make it!'“

It's been a steady rise for NxN over the last year, having toured the UK with Jettblack and Y&T respectively; the latter jaunt sporting the best shows the band has played to date. ”The Y&T crowd really welcomed us and we feel we made a lot of new fans,“ recalls Christo. ”Y&T were so easy-going; not only did they help with gear-share and logistics, vocalist Dave regularly gave us a shout-out during their sets, saying how great it was to see a new band who didn't use backing-tracks, but actually sung and played everything live. That's something that we pride ourselves on, so to have someone whom we greatly respect notice it was really important. What's more, playing venues that size has really prepared us to step onto the bigger stages of the Europe tour.“

The Europe dates are tied-in with Night by Night's signing to Sunhill, a Swedish label who work with Michael Schenker, Talisman, Nubian Rose and Europe to name a few. Sunhill are set to launch the NxN debut album in spring 2014.

3/3/14: Stockholm Waterfront

5/3/14: Umea, Idun Folkets Hus

7/3/14: Lulea, Kulturens Hus

8/3/14: Sundvall, Tonhallen

Courtesy of www.melodicrock.com

Just noticed the blurb by Kerrang, which while positive, just proves even more why I havent bought a copy of that rag in years. This album and band have absolutely nothing in common with EMO, so I have no idea why they even mention it.

This album is pure classic rock, nothing "modern" about it.

Only thing that lets it down somewhat is that the version of Time to escape is not as good as the original version, but thats only a minor quibble.

• 2 weeks later...

Our debut album, named 'NxN' will be released worldwide on June 9th!

Please share this ace news!

We are very proud of the record and can’t wait for you to hear it. We really care about the music we make and what it means – both to us and to you who will hear it. The music and words have been painstakingly written, we have pushed ourselves to play and sing at our very best and the production and mix has been scrutinized to the finest detail.

You’ll get 10 NxN anthems, each with its own special identity, sound and meaning. Maybe it’ll be like 10 episodes of your favourite TV show...

To celebrate, we're having a special offer - 20% off all shirts, including the brand new 'Siren' shirt, so get involved using the code: NXNJUNE9 here:

http://nxnofficial.com/?page_id=785

Thank you for all your support, patience and for helping us build the NxN family.

Ben, Henry, Jonny, Tom & Damien

Note - released Germany 6 June, U.S.A 10 June. That's just how you guys roll.

• 3 weeks later...

Coming up as July 14th on Amazon, who are usually a week behind on some releases. Pre-order available now

I love this one too. A handful of familiar songs if you've been following the band for a few years, but I'm stoked to hear them all here. Nothing worse than hearing a band be awesome for years, finally get a record deal and then not record the songs that got them that fanbase (*cough, cough* Sister).

Yeah, love this one from start to finish. Not a weak moment on it, but a hell of a lot of killer moments. As it stands, 'Everywhere tonight' is my favourite song of the year so far. Pure perfection.

Riddle me this, but the vocalist on this CD is a different guy to the guy who originally recorded 'Can't walk away' and 'The Moment,' isn't it? If it is, I find myself amused by the fact that the pronunciation of the word 'can't' has held up over two vocalists. It's so, British. :lol: The word is pronounced right, but it just sounds so wrong, lol. I think it needed to be Americanized. And funnily enough, if you listen to the full song you'll notice that in the outro he actually throws in an Americanized pronunciation of the word. I know, I'm creepy, but that stood out to me the first time I ever heard this song and still does. For the record, I f*cking love the song, regardless. One of the highlights.

Anyway, favourite album of 2014 so far.

Its a brilliant album, with only one let down for me being the version of Time to escape just isnt as good as the original for me.

Cant quite put my finger on it, but there is something about the vocals on the verses sounding somewhat separate from the backing track. Almost sounds like they just removed the original vocals, and overdubbed the new ones, but didnt quite get the mix right. I know its not actually that, as the music has a few differences to it as well, so maybe its just that the two vocalists have slightly different styles. That said, on The moment, there is barely any noticeable difference.

Its a brilliant album, with only one let down for me being the version of Time to escape just isnt as good as the original for me.

Cant quite put my finger on it, but there is something about the vocals on the verses sounding somewhat separate from the backing track. Almost sounds like they just removed the original vocals, and overdubbed the new ones, but didnt quite get the mix right. I know its not actually that, as the music has a few differences to it as well, so maybe its just that the two vocalists have slightly different styles. That said, on The moment, there is barely any noticeable difference.

I can't remember the original of 'Time to escape' too well if I'm being honest, but I assume it is different because for me it's the weakest song on the disc (I still dig it), which is always a bit sad for an opener. Especially when the last song on the disc is one of the best.

I agree that I can't hear a difference on 'The moment,' or for that matter, like I said above, even 'Can't walk away,' right down to the odd pronunciation of a word.

• 1 month later...

NIGHT BY NIGHT PUSH ALBUM BACK ONE MONTH:
News from Night By Night: "After some deliberation, we've decided to postpone the release date of our June 16th to July as to avoid clashes with the Download Festival and Sweden Rock. As you'll understand, it's really important for us to be able to get press and radio attention around the release of the album and we're concerned that the rock media won't have time for a (relatively) new band's debut amidst all the events of June.
Therefore, we've decided to change the date to July 11th (Mainland Europe) 14th (UK) and 15th (USA/Canada). We hope you understand - we've put the last 4 years into this album, so really want to ensure we get off to a great start with it!
However - we will still be giving you some NxN delights in June, with the release of a digital single and video on June 23rd (more news soon) and we will play a London release show on July 17th (again, more news on this ASAP).
Thank you for continuing to support us! Not long now! Ben, Hen, Jon, Tom and Damien."

nightbynight-slide.jpg

• 1 month later...

Still awaiting the physical copy, but for the last few days since the release of the latest single, I have been playing the shit out of this album ... its so fucking good.

Also been chatting to guitarist Ben Christo quite a bit as well. Such a nice bloke and so appreciative of stuff like video shares etc.

• My Little Pony

This album is doing absolutely nothing for. No. Thing! When Russ was going off about I got interested, but I found it quite forgettable. I'm glad you lot are enjoying it. Give me more of that Incura, though. Looking at Russ' list, I would probably swap scores for Incura and Night By Night.