Yeah, my Chiefs? They're pretty good...

Mullethead

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only team still unbeaten, aren't they? Although a very narrow win against a pretty average team at the weekend. How are they playing?

Only team still unbeaten, aren't they? Although a very narrow win against a pretty average team at the weekend. How are they playing?

Playing down to a bad team is common in the NFL but they still figured it out. QB with no tape other than college. We prepared for them to protect him and run so we played the run and Houston was clever enough to pass first.

Not to mention, we avoided the win one for the skipper crap with Bum Phillips death. It is an impressive win IMO.

Cleveland next at home the to the Bills for an away game. The Bills have always beat us even when they are bad so we will see....

So better than it looks on paper; excellent. I'm going to have to stay up one night and watch a Chiefs game sooner or later...

So better than it looks on paper; excellent. I'm going to have to stay up one night and watch a Chiefs game sooner or later...

You don't want to watch the next two as we will be 9-0, then they have a bye week. Tune in 4 weeks from now with a showdown with Denver!

You don't want to watch the next two as we will be 9-0, then they have a bye week. Tune in 4 weeks from now with a showdown with Denver!

That is seriously confident! :tumbsup:

Denver will lose at least once to KC and you know I'm a Denver fan so thats not easy for me to say. Our D is suspect and our WR are having issues with seperation the last few weeks and we have major injury issues on the O line and it is affecting pass protection big time.

Denver will lose at least once to KC and you know I'm a Denver fan so thats not easy for me to say. Our D is suspect and our WR are having issues with seperation the last few weeks and we have major injury issues on the O line and it is affecting pass protection big time.

I agree but I still don't want to play Denver. I also can see us stumping our toe at Buffalo next week.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not that the Chiefs were great last night, but rather my Eagles absolutely SUCKED abysmally. On both sides of the ball. The margin of victory should have been WAY higher given the number of turnovers the Eagles had.

Oh, and as one who followed Andy Reid for 14 years, don't think he will lead you to the promised land. You'll be lured into being optimistic only to have your hopes dashed. The man cannot coach in clutch situations.

I'm a Giant's fan living in the middle of Eagle land and your right on Andy Reid, having watched the Eagles over the last 14 years that Reid coached, Reid will never win the big game. Look at the game he coached in Super Bowl vs New England...

It's not that the Chiefs were great last night, but rather my Eagles absolutely SUCKED abysmally. On both sides of the ball. The margin of victory should have been WAY higher given the number of turnovers the Eagles had.

Oh, and as one who followed Andy Reid for 14 years, don't think he will lead you to the promised land. You'll be lured into being optimistic only to have your hopes dashed. The man cannot coach in clutch situations.

I'm a Giant's fan living in the middle of Eagle land and your right on Andy Reid, having watched the Eagles over the last 14 years that Reid coached, Reid will never win the big game. Look at the game he coached in Super Bowl vs New England...

They almost beat the Pats if I remember correctly.

He is still considered a great coach & teacher. Maybe without the Philly fans breathing down his neck he will do something in KC. 9-0 is a nice start...

I love watching Alex Smith go to KC and help lead the way, think he got bent over and fucked in the ass by the San Fagsisco queers, he is an excellent QB, and has been tossed around between offenses, and coach after coach in SF, pretty much got shit on there, I think the Chiefs have best Defense in NFL, along with one of best running games as well, I think if they added an all star WR, so they had 2, that would be the nail in the coffin, very happy to see them start so strong, and hope they can stretch it out, and eventually go to the Superbowl, not my favorite team, but theres nothing I love more then to see the smallest markets in any sport step up and go the distance, nice to see them shut the big bandwagon markets down.

I love watching Alex Smith go to KC and help lead the way, think he got bent over and fucked in the ass by the San Fagsisco queers, he is an excellent QB, and has been tossed around between offenses, and coach after coach in SF, pretty much got shit on there, I think the Chiefs have best Defense in NFL, along with one of best running games as well, I think if they added an all star WR, so they had 2, that would be the nail in the coffin, very happy to see them start so strong, and hope they can stretch it out, and eventually go to the Superbowl, not my favorite team, but theres nothing I love more then to see the smallest markets in any sport step up and go the distance, nice to see them shut the big bandwagon markets down.

Key words "small market". They get no exposure or media "love" because of where they are and they never have the big free agents come visit. Mutherfuckers don't like BBQ or what?

I've been Chiefs fan since 1987. I am thrilled they are doing well this year and my hopes are that they at least host a playoff game because I am going to sell a fucking kidney if I have to so I can go. This game tonight, I don't think people are thinking about how important it is. Sure, we could lose and still be fine but it's a division game for one which could break a tie breaker for division crown. It is quite possible the winner of this game ends up being the number 1 seed and the loser drops down to 5. Big difference...

I have no expectations for tonight other than a good close game. If we at least play them close at Denver I will feel better about things. If we get blown out then everyone will start talking about being paper thin and we hadn't played anyone. But if we win...everyone needs to shut the fuck up.

Our last 6 games are challenging and full of division games. I'd rather lose a few games now and play the tough part of the schedule and be battle tested for the playoffs than win a bunch of easy games and get a beating by a good team in the playoffs thinking we are better than everyone else. Anyone can lose on any given day....

Well, as seen by the entire nation...we can hang with the Bronco's on the road but we have some work to do. So many missed chance to make it closer at the end.

Hope we beat the Chargers Sunday and New England beats Denver so we can get it back. That will make the showdown #2 at Arrowhead worth a lot!

Wes, you have the bragging rights for now buddy ;)

Really a pretty journeyman performance by both KC and Denver. Not an exciting game, and Denver didn't WOW anyone. The rematch in KC will be interesting.

On the upside, my Eagles are back in charge of the putrid NFC East.

What stood out to me, was that Avery receiver couldn't seem to make difficult catches, that one in the 1st quarter Smith put right into his hands, I played Strong Safety in HS, and my Safety coach was also the Receiver coach, he had one rule, if you can touch it, you can catch it, at the pro level, they have to be catching that shit, I was not wowed by either team, I think the Chiefs shot themselves in the foot, and think that was a very winnable game for them, so I come away believing fully the Chiefs gave that game to them, will be fun to see what happens in Arrowhead.

What stood out to me, was that Avery receiver couldn't seem to make difficult catches, that one in the 1st quarter Smith put right into his hands, I played Strong Safety in HS, and my Safety coach was also the Receiver coach, he had one rule, if you can touch it, you can catch it, at the pro level, they have to be catching that shit, I was not wowed by either team, I think the Chiefs shot themselves in the foot, and think that was a very winnable game for them, so I come away believing fully the Chiefs gave that game to them, will be fun to see what happens in Arrowhead.

Avery has concrete hands and will be out after this year. We need a solid #2 and a game changing TE and that will make the difference.

This is how I see the next two weeks. Very important...

This weekend the Chiefs play the Chargers at home. We SHOULD win that game. Denver plays New England. Now no offense Wes but does anybody see NE losing 2 games in a row after what happened last night? They could but lets assume we win & Denver loses. That's puts the Chiefs back in the one seed with the game in KC becoming HUGE now and the pressure really more on Denver. If we were to win, they would be down 2 games and in a bad spot.

I think Manning could win on the road if he had to. I don't want to play on the road with the youngest O-Line in the league. Lets see how it plays out.

Avery has concrete hands and will be out after this year. We need a solid #2 and a game changing TE and that will make the difference.

This weekend the Chiefs play the Chargers at home. We SHOULD win that game. Denver plays New England. Now no offense Wes but does anybody see NE losing 2 games in a row after what happened last night? They could but lets assume we win & Denver loses. That's puts the Chiefs back in the one seed with the game in KC becoming HUGE now and the pressure really more on Denver. If we were to win, they would be down 2 games and in a bad spot.

I think Manning could win on the road if he had to. I don't want to play on the road with the youngest O-Line in the league. Lets see how it plays out.

I Expect Denver To Lose At NE. They Will Probably Finish 13-3 And Be The 5 Seed. The Broncos Game Plan Was To Run The Ball As Much As Possible To Have A Balance And Keep The Chiefs D On The Field Which Is What They Did. They Weren't Worried About The Short Gains As Long As They Could Pick Up 3Rd Downs Through The Air Which They Did. But Don't Think Anyone Gave The Game To Them.

I Expect Denver To Lose At NE. They Will Probably Finish 13-3 And Be The 5 Seed. The Broncos Game Plan Was To Run The Ball As Much As Possible To Have A Balance And Keep The Chiefs D On The Field Which Is What They Did. They Weren't Worried About The Short Gains As Long As They Could Pick Up 3Rd Downs Through The Air Which They Did. But Don't Think Anyone Gave The Game To Them.

I agree with that. We blew opportunities but so did Denver. That's the way it goes. Manning is one of the best QB's to play in the game. I think on any given day they could beat the Pats but the circumstances look grim. I would be surprised if the Pats don't win just because they should be pissed about Monday since they got robbed (and we all know they did). We should be determined to show everyone we can get back on the horse. Amazing how this will play out, no matter what seed they end up being I am proud of them. Denver and the rest of the world never thought for a second the Chiefs would be hanging with the Broncos and never thought in a million years they would be the last undefeated team.

The Chiefs have been knocking on the door now for a few years, that Matt Castle experiment was a gigantic step back, but they have been loading that defense, look at their draft picks the last 3 years, they have been genius, like I said, they need a all star receiver on the other side of the ball, and they will be set, thats what I see anyways, not a lot of weak links on that Chiefs team, at least not that I can see, but what do I know?

The Chiefs have been knocking on the door now for a few years, that Matt Castle experiment was a gigantic step back, but they have been loading that defense, look at their draft picks the last 3 years, they have been genius, like I said, they need a all star receiver on the other side of the ball, and they will be set, thats what I see anyways, not a lot of weak links on that Chiefs team, at least not that I can see, but what do I know?

A definitely agree about the wideout situation. But I have to say as well if they are going to go with Alex Smith for the foreseeable future we need a stud TE since that's his game.

The biggest mistake with the Cassel situation is they waited for it to bloom for too long as well as paid him way too much.

Alex Smith is a TE's dream, look at Vernon Davis, his numbers have fallen off since Smith left, at Utah Mattson had a TD a game, sometimes 3 or 4, I have a feeling next year the Chiefs are going to take Jake Murphy, the TE from Utah, Smiths good friend, and son of former MLB Braves player Dale Murphy, he's huge, and has nice soft hands, that's the talk around here anyways, if that happens, the Chiefs will be unstoppable, I guess we will see.