Yeah, my Chiefs? They're pretty good...

Mullethead

I believe he leads the league in total yards and has 15 tds.

A great year, no doubt, but let's not get too carried away. ;)

2013nflrushingleaders.png

Who do you favor Dan? your not a Bears fan are you? you wouldn't possibly be promoting LeSean McCoy would you? I don't know how anyone could possibly not talk about Charles as one of the top possibility's, when you really think about it, he is basically the reason that offense can score with any type of consistency, and he is one of those few players, that if he gets hurt, I think the Chiefs are finished, that's scary to have a player the team depends that much on, but I truly cant think of any play off bound team, who depend on one player so heavily for their success, i might b wrong, but thats just off the top of my head.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no fucking clue Ryan Mathews had been so effective this year, that blows my mind, figured he was hurt by now.

I was responding to the claim that Jamaal Charles both leads the league in yards and has 15 TDs. Neither is true. He's having a great year, no doubt, but he doesn't (currently) make the top 3 RBs in the league.

P.S. I am a lifelong Eagles fan, but that isn't the point here. The Eagles are dismal (as usual) and even if they beat out Dallas for the division and make the playoffs, they won't be making a run. Our defense is just atrocious.

The NFC Least is the worst division in the NFL this year.

Who do you favor Dan? your not a Bears fan are you? you wouldn't possibly be promoting LeSean McCoy would you? I don't know how anyone could possibly not talk about Charles as one of the top possibility's, when you really think about it, he is basically the reason that offense can score with any type of consistency, and he is one of those few players, that if he gets hurt, I think the Chiefs are finished, that's scary to have a player the team depends that much on, but I truly cant think of any play off bound team, who depend on one player so heavily for their success, i might b wrong, but thats just off the top of my head.

More importantly Dan, I said TOTAL yards. He is the top back in receiving yards & receiving td's. That much I know for a fact. I was guessing that since he has almost 1200 yards rushing that he was near the top in total yards. I will confirm though :)

Okay, so I wrong. Sort of...

Charles - 1181 Rush yards with 11 Td's, 65 Rec. 655 Yards with 7 Td's, 4.8 yards a carry & 10.1 yards per reception. Total yards 1836.

McCoy - 1343 Rush Yards + 507 Rec. Yards. Td's total is 7 Td's.

Forte has had a quietly awesome years as well with 1722 total yards.

All three players are great, and it appears McCoy has Charles by a whopping 14 yards total rec. & rushing but I will take Charles 18 Td's over McCoy's numbers. Which makes Charles, my unbiased MVP ;)

My bad, I missed the total yards bit. Truth be known, I wouldn't kick either off my team... :lol:

What do you think of Nick Foles? you sold on him yet?

My bad, I missed the total yards bit. Truth be known, I wouldn't kick either off my team... :lol:

Not sold, but VERY optimistic.I want to see what he can do with (1) an entire off season to prepare as the #1 guy, i.e., getting all the reps with the first team that Vick got leading into the season, and (2) without the "sword of Damocles" hanging over his head as to who the real starter is for the team. I want Chip Kelly to come right out and name him the permanent starter before we even come close to next year's season.

He's nowhere as injury prone as Vick, and has put up impressive numbers this season: 23 TDs against 2 interceptions with a season QB rating of 117.0, which actually has him #1 in the NFL out of all QBs with more than 50 pass attempts. Peyton Manning is 2nd with a season rating of 112.9.

In last week's pathetic 48-30 blowout loss against the Vikings, his QB rating was 103.5. The problem was NOT Foles. If our defense wasn't a cellar dweller in the NFL, who knows what we'd look like.

This is only his 2nd year in the league, and he really hasn't had anyone to mentor him, so QB is the least of our worries, IMO. The defense?... oy vey.

Not sold, but VERY optimistic.I want to see what he can do with (1) an entire off season to prepare as the #1 guy, i.e., getting all the reps with the first team that Vick got leading into the season, and (2) without the "sword of Damocles" hanging over his head as to who the real starter is for the team. I want Chip Kelly to come right out and name him the permanent starter before we even come close to next year's season.

He's nowhere as injury prone as Vick, and has put up impressive numbers this season: 23 TDs against 2 interceptions with a season QB rating of 117.0, which actually has him #1 in the NFL out of all QBs with more than 50 pass attempts. Peyton Manning is 2nd with a season rating of 112.9.

In last week's pathetic 48-30 blowout loss against the Vikings, his QB rating was 103.5. The problem was NOT Foles. If our defense wasn't a cellar dweller in the NFL, who knows what we'd look like.

This is only his 2nd year in the league, and he really hasn't had anyone to mentor him, so QB is the least of our worries, IMO. The defense?... oy vey.

I like the guy as well. In fact Reid must have saw something in the guy as well because he "inquired" about him when he got to KC before we signed Smith and the Eagles shut the door immediately. Good call looks like :)

I'd rather see Russell Wilson get the MVP than P.Manning.

I agree. Russel is a stud, flat out and I hope to see him continue to forge forward as one of the soon to be greatest qb's we will see play. I do love me some P. Manning, but he is not as consistent as Russel imho.

Speaking of Seattle. EASILY the best team they have ever had this year. I am quite concerned that next year may see some of our young stars moving on to bigger paychecks elsewhere.

This is their year and as Jarrad mentioned earlier in this thread "the road to the SB, goes through Seattle".

And for fun: the Steelers are still mathematically in the hunt for a wildcard, course I have a better chance of winning the Megamillions, but hey???

I'd rather see Russell Wilson get the MVP than P.Manning.

I agree. Russel is a stud, flat out and I hope to see him continue to forge forward as one of the soon to be greatest qb's we will see play. I do love me some P. Manning, but he is not as consistent as Russel imho.

Speaking of Seattle. EASILY the best team they have ever had this year. I am quite concerned that next year may see some of our young stars moving on to bigger paychecks elsewhere.

This is their year and as Jarrad mentioned earlier in this thread "the road to the SB, goes through Seattle".

And for fun: the Steelers are still mathematically in the hunt for a wildcard, course I have a better chance of winning the Megamillions, but hey???

I'm the last person who would defend a freakin Bronco but if you compare him to Wilson you're not comparing apples to apples. Wilson hasn't been in the league long enough to compare to Manning. Let's see what he looks like in 12 years.

Watching Manning is like watching Marino, Favre or Montana. Just like when Michael Jordan retired, everyone missed watching him and what he did for the game...even if you aren't a fan. He has been very consistent over his career.

As for MVP...if anyone breaks any kind of NFL record they will and probably should win MVP. That being said, it's not right based on the definition of MVP. It has nothing to do with records...what player can a team least handle losing...that's your MVP.

That's why I made a plea for Charles. Without him, we would sputter. The same could be said for Manning and Wilson honestly.

Now I use this comparison as OBSERVATION ONLY! but during a game I was watching Arizona vs Cal, the way he operated out of the shotgun and would lead the Wildcats down the field drive after drive, I for a brief moment thought this guy looks like Joe Montana, how he would fall behind, and just mellow as hell call his play, read the defense, make changes, then just look off each receiver, 1,2,3,4, then 5, he never suckered into one receiver the whole game, I was very impressed by him, and thought he was way underrated, I knew he had size for the NFL, but never in a million years believed he would be doing as well as he is, watch him bro, I know the NFL is completely different from college, but when he gets his feet settled, and gets in a rythem, he is one of those QB's that operates like Montana, Elway, Marino, Brady, where he can lead his team back and make you hate him if your a fan of whoever the Eagles are playing, I like the guy, wish the Bucs would've drafted him.

Now I use this comparison as OBSERVATION ONLY! but during a game I was watching Arizona vs Cal, the way he operated out of the shotgun and would lead the Wildcats down the field drive after drive, I for a brief moment thought this guy looks like Joe Montana, how he would fall behind, and just mellow as hell call his play, read the defense, make changes, then just look off each receiver, 1,2,3,4, then 5, he never suckered into one receiver the whole game, I was very impressed by him, and thought he was way underrated, I knew he had size for the NFL, but never in a million years believed he would be doing as well as he is, watch him bro, I know the NFL is completely different from college, but when he gets his feet settled, and gets in a rythem, he is one of those QB's that operates like Montana, Elway, Marino, Brady, where he can lead his team back and make you hate him if your a fan of whoever the Eagles are playing, I like the guy, wish the Bucs would've drafted him.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is very talented. We've seen talent like his before though and seen it disappear as quick as the name on his locker. You just never know...I was only saying you can't compare him to the greats of the game at this early stage of his career. He might just get his first ring this year :)

I don't really follow a lot of the conversation... I wish I could see more NFL so I knew a bit more about the players, teams, etc.

But seeing the Chiefs doing well is something I've been waiting for for nearly 20 years.

I don't really follow a lot of the conversation... I wish I could see more NFL so I knew a bit more about the players, teams, etc.

But seeing the Chiefs doing well is something I've been waiting for for nearly 20 years.

Well James, what would you like to know? please allow us to help you follow the conversation, if your really that interested in it, I got no problems answering your questions, what would you like to know?

Well James, what would you like to know? please allow us to help you follow the conversation, if your really that interested in it, I got no problems answering your questions, what would you like to know?

Too much to list here, Cody!

I love watching NFL, but I don't really understand tactics, positions, penalties, etc. I think what I'd need is to find someone really patient to sit and watch a game with so I can ask lots of stupid questions. I did start reading about it years ago, but I don't really have time for books these days!

Well this weekend sucked ass. They got a beating at home to the team they more than likely face in round one of the playoffs. I believe the players played hard and I believe it was legit that they played like shit but based on the play calling, I think we called a vanilla game. The defense was not blitzing, the offense was not stretching the field. I hate to think that maybe they knew they were going to see the Colts at some point in the playoffs and didn't want to give too much away but we are so late in the season such a move doesn't make sense. Maybe they just got it handed to them...

I hope the Chiefs rest all their players this week and get beat by SD.I don't want the Steelers to sneak into the playoffs !

The Steelers have least chance of the 4 getting in. I really don't want the Ravens to get in. They have the experience to find a way to get playoff wins after last year. I want someone that can get in & take out one of the top seeds.

I am hoping we still end up with Indy. I already have tickets 4 rows from the field on the Chiefs side, at the 15 yard line.

I hope the Chiefs rest all their players this week and get beat by SD.I don't want the Steelers to sneak into the playoffs !

HA HA HA LOL! Mike my favorite sports fan in the world right here! just like my Dad and brother, they spend their playoffs rooting for completely irrelevant teams that have no baring in their day to day life, because mathematically one of those teams victory's will automatically send a team they hate(generally the Broncos or Steelers) packing, as I get older I find it absolutely amusing as fuck watching them sit in front of a game, and watch a (lets use Chargers)Chargers game, like they were rabid San Diego fans, cheering screaming, swearing, and at the end of the day, it's all because the Chargers, winning, will knock the Steelers(whom they loathe) out of the playoffs, sorry, I might just be weird, no actually Im very weird, but theres just something about this entire scenario, that completely amuses me, and it could be cause Im just like fuck it, the Bucs were out of the playoffs since week 7, so I just patiently but anxiously sit and wait for Baseball to begin, not seek out the mathematical string puller to my enemy's football team, then root for them. LOL sorry. Im done.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I guess with me it's probably the rivalry as I've always been a Houston Oiler fan and they played in the same division as the Steelers.Here in NY all NY Giant fans hate the Cowboys and like wise Jet fans hate the Dolphins.While the Tennessee Titans had a bad year the season was a success to me because they beat the Steelers in week 1 !

HA HA HA LOL! Mike my favorite sports fan in the world right here! just like my Dad and brother, they spend their playoffs rooting for completely irrelevant teams that have no baring in their day to day life, because mathematically one of those teams victory's will automatically send a team they hate(generally the Broncos or Steelers) packing, as I get older I find it absolutely amusing as fuck watching them sit in front of a game, and watch a (lets use Chargers)Chargers game, like they were rabid San Diego fans, cheering screaming, swearing, and at the end of the day, it's all because the Chargers, winning, will knock the Steelers(whom they loathe) out of the playoffs, sorry, I might just be weird, no actually Im very weird, but theres just something about this entire scenario, that completely amuses me, and it could be cause Im just like fuck it, the Bucs were out of the playoffs since week 7, so I just patiently but anxiously sit and wait for Baseball to begin, not seek out the mathematical string puller to my enemy's football team, then root for them. LOL sorry. Im done.

:lol:

Love it. I do exactly the same with football over here. I'll scream for teams who can screw up other teams that I hate. Even teams I dislike. A bit.