Darkhorse - Let It Ride (Paul Laine goes country...almost)

Stefan

What?! :blink:

From Reverbnation:

"Fuel The Jet Records, a subsidiary of Fuel The Jet Media Group Inc. are set to release the debut single from the brand new street level country group, Darkhorse

Nashville, TN-- Anthemic, stadium sized, coming of age songs make up the unique sound of Fuel The Jet Records brand new band, Darkhorse. Country music has never heard anything like this before, with chorus’ that can rival any arena rock band to musicianship from Nashville music’s elite performers, Darkhorse are about to set the world ablaze with their debut single and video entitled “In The Country” off of their debut album, “Let It Ride”. Darkhorse appeals to a cross-genre demographic unlike any other band or artist in country music. Rock, country, and pop music fans will get to hear the debut single which coincides with the release of the music video on September 03, 2013 while full length album, “Let It Ride” will be released in January 2014.

Lead singer and frontman Paul Laine (solo artist, producer, songwriter, ex-vocalist for New York’s own Danger Danger) alongside Steve Ohe (guitars), Jason Bonnell (bass), and John Stoltz (drums), and friends from Nashville, (members of Keith Urban, Rascall Flatts, and Brad Paisley’s bands), have created an instant classic for the masses. “In The Country” will be available worldwide as a digital download via iTunes, Amazon, & Google Play, as well as streaming services Spotify, Deezer, & Simfy. The music video, directed by Stefan Berrill of Brass Tacks Films, will be released on midnight (EST) via YouTube (www.youtube.com/darkhorsemusicvids).

The kick-off single, “In The Country” shines a light on co-writers Laine and Ohe's formative years growing up in a small town country life. “Let It Ride”, produced by Paul Laine and mixed by Bruno Ravel, ranges from feel-good tracks (You Were The One, Heaven Tonight), global issues (Better Days), emotional ballads (Goodbye, Strong, What She Meant to Me) and coming of age tracks (I Wouldn’t Have Missed It For The World, In The Country). Every now and then an album comes along that defines a new genre, an album which transcends the medium, an album for all ages, an album that has raised the bar for all others from this point forward, in short, a masterpiece."

Full song: http://www.reverbnation.com/darkhorseofficial/songs

Preview:

Edited by Stefan

who does he think he is? Ron Keel?

If memory serves, goin' country didn't do "Ronnie Lee Keel" much good neither... :puke:

• 2 months later...

The title track 'Let It Ride' can be heard here: http://www.reverbnation.com/darkhorseofficial/songs

I didn't care for the first song they released ("In the Country") but despite my general dislike of country, I'll admit this new song ("Let It Ride") is pretty solid.

• 4 weeks later...

Career suicide = going country when you are a rocker

Disgusting!

I have lost respect for Paul Laine. This is just plain pathetic.

A supposed rocker trying to cash in on the country music bandwagon. Makes me sick.

• 1 month later...

I like this. In some strange way...

Featuring five songs from the soon to be released album, Let It Ride. Songs included are "Heaven Tonight", "I Wouldn't Have Missed It For The World", "In The Country", "What She Meant To Me", & "Let It Ride" while getting an inside look to the making of their debut video and inside access to one of the bands photo shoots.

Compilation directed by Simon Ali for Fuel The Jet Records (*except the "In The Country" video insert, directed by Stefan Berrill of Brass Tacks Films)

Edited by Stefan

This isnt country music by a long shot. Its rock, tinged with a bit of country.

Closer to a poppier version of southern rock than country music, and it sounds good.

:agree:

X2 Sounds pretty good to me. When is the album out?

I like both tracks alot. I can hear some nuances of country but all told this is rock, albeit southern rock. Excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I only heard 'In the country' but yeah, definitely one of those borderline songs. Without that slide guitar twang part that pops up here and there it's just modern melodic rock. I can handle that and quite like the tune. I'd check out the disc. Funny, I was just thinking about what happened to Paul Laine not more than 2 hours ago...

• 2 weeks later...

From FB:

Now available, get the new full length album on a very limited edition USB.

This 2 GB USB also doubles as a bottle opener! Just in time for the upcoming spring season. Only 50 have been made. All orders will be shipped on April 1, 2014. The official album release is on April 29, 2014. Order your custom USB and get the album before it's officially released.

Orders will be available on the official Darkhorse webstore
http://www.darkhorseofficial.com/store.html
*shipping not included in price

Edited by Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

Out April 29th.

Album_Cover.jpg

Tracklist:

1. The One I Waited For
2. Wouldn't Have Missed It For The World
3. In The Country
4. Goodbye