Dead Band Resurrection: Who Do You Want?

Hot on the heels of AlphaMale's "Bands That Reformed" thread (go check it out), here's a similar exercise: What disbanded acts would you like to see reform and put out all-new material? (That is, if enough of the original members are still alive and kicking. Replacing key members like a distinct voice or guitarist can be a chore, but not insurmountable. But if there are only one or two original people left from a five member band it's hard to call it an actual "reformation." Or is it? You tell me. Also, would not having all the original members ruin the prospect for you?) Doesn't matter how long they've been out of commission, just lay 'em on me. For shits and giggles.

Here's a few I'd like to hear (especially if the new stuff would retain at least some of their signature sound):

- Icehouse
- Little Angels

- Saraya
- Badlands (Without Ray Gillen might be rough, though)
- Pole Position
- Angel
- The Tubes
- Imperial Drag
- Triumph

- Little America
- DC Drive
- Princess Pang
- Cornerstone (Doogie White band)

I'm sure there are plenty more if I think harder . . . <_<

I started a similar thread to this last year and it was based on one band and one band only...SAVATAGE with Zach Stevens on vox. I really miss that band.

Of the bands on your list Triumph would be my pick, loved 'Surveilllance' and I wish they would rekindle the magic they had in the 80's.

Recall a similar thread (possibly zacharyamelie's?) but don't remember who I may have listed. I do know I would love to hear new material from the following as well as see them in a live setting:

21 Guns with Tommy Laverdi et al.

Circle of Soul (heard Joie Mastrokalos was/is in poor health though)

Diving for Pearls

Big House

My Little Funhouse

Autograph (I think the keyboardist passed away though)

Cry of Love with Kelly Holland on vocals

Honeycrack

Neverland with at least Sugg and Ortega but Scott Garrett's presence would be huge, too).

Skid Row with Bach

Dan Reed Network (missed their New Year's Eve reunion this past year)

Marvelous 3

Brother Cane - lineup from that magical awesome debut

Spread Eagle

Lillian Axe with Ron Taylor

Southgang with original lineup

Killer Dwarfs original lineup

Baton Rouge original lineup

Recall a similar thread (possibly zacharyamelie's?) but don't remember who I may have listed. I do know I would love to hear new material from the following as well as see them in a live setting:

Diving for Pearls

Big House

My Little Funhouse

Honeycrack

Neverland with at least Sugg and Ortega but Scott Garrett's presence would be huge, too).

Skid Row with Bach

Marvelous 3

Autograph will start rehearsing in October for some live shows to be announced later. It is true that the keyboardist passed away a couple years ago. Autograph and Night Ranger used keys to enhance thier music better than any 80's - early 90's band in my opinion.

Oh.. one other thing... Steve Plunkett will not be apart of this line-up. I'm not sure the vocalist has been officially named (so I will not mention who it is) yet.. I will say, it seems like a strange fit to me.

Recall a similar thread (possibly zacharyamelie's?) but don't remember who I may have listed....

Yeah, sorry if the topic is a repeat. Being somewhat new to the hootenanny I'm sure I'll come up with some things that have already been passed around the pipe before, since I don't browse all the back threads. ;)

And Marvelous 3 would be one for my list, definitely.

Skid Row with Bach

Would love to hear these two also.

Lion

White Sister

Massacre

Metal Church (with Mike Howe)

White Lion (Tramp + Bratta)

Forgot about White Lion (Bratta + Tramp). It would be huge in my personal books, up there with when Dave went back to VH and released the monster A Different Kind Of Truth.

I'd also love to hear new Saigon Kick material with the original line up or even the Jason on vox line up.

Recall a similar thread (possibly zacharyamelie's?) but don't remember who I may have listed....

Yeah, sorry if the topic is a repeat. Being somewhat new to the hootenanny I'm sure I'll come up with some things that have already been passed around the pipe before, since I don't browse all the back threads. ;)

And Marvelous 3 would be one for my list, definitely.

No worries at all. Love this topic idea. Gives me a second chance to gush over a lot of my faves and add some previous omissions. Can't believe I forgot to list Tramp and Bratta as well as Saigon Kick. I know SK reunited their original lineup for a handful of dates this year but nowhere close to me unfortunately.

Diving for Pearls

Big House

My Little Funhouse

Honeycrack

Skid Row with Bach

Marvelous 3

Autograph will start rehearsing in October for some live shows to be announced later. It is true that the keyboardist passed away a couple years ago. Autograph and Night Ranger used keys to enhance thier music better than any 80's - early 90's band in my opinion.

Oh.. one other thing... Steve Plunkett will not be apart of this line-up. I'm not sure the vocalist has been officially named (so I will not mention who it is) yet.. I will say, it seems like a strange fit to me.

Thanks for the inside info on Autograph though I'm hugely disappointed to find out Plunkett's non involvement. Odd. Honestly, can't imagine seeing them without him. Thought Richie Cox did a reasonable imitation on the first Sik Vikki disc. The second you get the green light to spill on the replacement please do. Very curious.

Diving for Pearls

Big House

My Little Funhouse

Honeycrack

Skid Row with Bach

Marvelous 3

Thanks for the inside info on Autograph though I'm hugely disappointed to find out Plunkett's non involvement. Odd. Honestly, can't imagine seeing them without him. Thought Richie Cox did a reasonable imitation on the first Sik Vikki disc. The second you get the green light to spill on the replacement please do. Very curious.

This is some lame ass shit! The voice of the band and main song writer!!! WTF

The original GnR lineup....if they just coulda kept it together imagine the additional killer tunes we would be have in our playlists today

That first album (Appetite...) was like a breath of fresh air to so many of us who'd grown tired of the oversaturated, plasticized hair bands of the day. Like Aerosmith on steroids -- wow. Too bad egos and drug indulgences had to spoil the party. :wacko:

I'd love to see Fish fronting Marillion one last time ... the original Gn'R would also be on my list ...

Heavens Edge would be cool also.

Heavens Edge has played a few shows in Philly and New Jersey as of late.

Brother Cane - lineup from that magical awesome debut

Spread Eagle

Killer Dwarfs original lineup

These would make my list as well. Also loved Brother Cane's Seeds album.

;)

Spread Eagle are playing a bunch of shows.. They will be playing in Baltimore soon.

Killer Dwarfs are back together and start a tiur really soon.. They too will be in Baltimore pretty soon.

Van Halen with Roth AND Michael Anthony

Diamond Head with Tatler and Harris (saw 'em supporting Metallica ... they were FANTASTIC!)

Triumph

White Lion (Original members)

Skid Row (With Sebastian Bach)

XYZ (Original members)