Had to Share This

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

So I just finished watching Despicable Me 2 with my fam, and we're walking out of the cinema. My brother is wearing his Cinderella shirt, and some guy says to him, "Cinderella? Why are you wearing that? That's my generation."

My brother replies, "Awesome."

"No. Not really." the man says as he picks up his kid and walks away with a look of disgust on his face.

Fuck you, too, buddy. What an ass. I wanted to smack the guy. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

So I just finished watching Despicable Me 2 with my fam, and we're walking out of the cinema. My brother is wearing his Cinderella shirt, and some guy says to him, "Cinderella? Why are you wearing that? That's my generation."

"No. Not really." the man says as he picks up his kid and walks away with a look of disgust on his face.

Fuck you, too, buddy. What an ass. I wanted to smack the guy. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

What a tw*t! So the guy thinks he owns the rights to listen to owned 80s rock/metal?

It's kind of the opposite of everyone else as they get older - moaning that the music the kids listen to today is utter shite. They listen to something decent and someone has a go at them?! You have to laugh. :lol:

Hm ... so using this idiot's logic, a lot of us here (and him, probably) shouldn't be listening to the likes of Skynyrd or Zeppelin because we weren't old enough to fully appreciate them at the time (I was 8 when 'Street Survivors' was released, in case you were wondering.) I would rather have 'da yoof' of today listening to 80s rock than the shite you hear on the radio (or, indeed, the likes of Romeo Lies Avenged And Bleeding Within My Valentine)!

Very good point. Now I'm wondering what I can listen to. Am I too young for Whitesnake and Def Leppard? I'm going to have to send the new Blackrain CD back, as I'm clearly far too old for that. The dilemma! :unsure:

• My Little Pony

There are morons everywhere...I just ignore them.....

I normally do, too, but this is my brother. My brother is 23, and one of the nicest guys I know. I literally get infuriated with how nice he can be. And this guy was just a dick.

Hmmm...I kind of took that as the older guy now thinks Cinderella isn't as cool as he did back in the day and that there really isn't a reason for anyone to still care about a band like that. Still an asswipe move on his part if you ask me. I always think it's cool as hell when I see younger guys or teens rockin' the 80's gear, especially if it's a lesser known band.

A classless jerk for sure, he's probably from Burnaby and his name is Goeffrey Holland (Gbayemporium guy from a few years back)....on the other hand how was the movie Nolan? I loved the first one.

• My Little Pony

A classless jerk for sure, he's probably from Burnaby and his name is Goeffrey Holland (Gbayemporium guy from a few years back)....on the other hand how was the movie Nolan? I loved the first one.

Hilarious. Definitely a lot more adult humour this time around. And the kids will be talking about this all summer. If you didn't get enough of the minions in the first one, they get a lot more screen time. Oh, and the soundtrack is better, too.

What a douche bag! I try to get younger people to listen to the music I grew up on!

That guy was probably one of those annoying hipster R.E.M. fans back in the day. Bag of douche.

Hmmm...I kind of took that as the older guy now thinks Cinderella isn't as cool as he did back in the day and that there really isn't a reason for anyone to still care about a band like that. Still an asswipe move on his part if you ask me. I always think it's cool as hell when I see younger guys or teens rockin' the 80's gear, especially if it's a lesser known band.

That's my take on it, too. Regardless, the guy is a through and through fucktard!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would have told him this, "No bud, actually it is awesome, because I am wearing it, whats not awesome was when you wore it, cause you obviously wore it to fit in, something you never achieved, so take your little genetic mutation, and have fun listening to Michael Bolton on your ride home, by the way, your kid looks like maybe you fit in a little to well with your sis, have a good day sir" thats what I would say, then arm my brass knuckles inside my pocket.

• My Little Pony

I would have told him this, "No bud, actually it is awesome, because I am wearing it, whats not awesome was when you wore it, cause you obviously wore it to fit in, something you never achieved, so take your little genetic mutation, and have fun listening to Michael Bolton on your ride home, by the way, your kid looks like maybe you fit in a little to well with your sis, have a good day sir" thats what I would say, then arm my brass knuckles inside my pocket.

But what's wrong with Michael Bolton? I mean, I celebrate his entire catalogue.

Im the same way, for my money it doesnt get any better then when he does, When A Man Loves A Women, but im sure its gotta be better for you.