The Poodles - Tour De Force

Stefan

Everyone loves poodles... ;)

The Poodles releases their new album 'Tour De Force' on May 17th through Frontiers Records.

poodlestour1.jpg

Tracks

01. Misery Loves Company

02. Shut Up!

03. Happily Ever After

04. Viva Democracy

05. Going Down

06. Leaving The Past To Pass

07. 40 Days And 40 Nights

08. Kings & Fools

09. Miracle

10. Godspeed

11. Now Is The Time

12. Only Just Begun

13. En för alla för en (bonus)

Another one I'll need to get.

I'm hoping the fact they waited a bit longer between releases might makes this one stronger than the last one.

• My Little Pony

I'm hoping the fact they waited a bit longer between releases might makes this one stronger than the last one.

Yeah. I liked Performocracy, but it didn't live up to the brilliance that is Clash of the Elements. This one has some promising song titles, if that's anything to go by.

Would this be a bad time to say that I really really hate this band?

:whistle:

:gone:

For me they have their equal share of gems and fillers.

I could easily compile 15 killer cuts across their releases tho.

Good band and I have a feeling this could be pretty damned nice. looking forward to it.

Good band and I have a feeling this could be pretty damned nice. looking forward to it.

Fair enough mate, I just can't stand any of their songs, but I know I'll be in the minority here.

Each to his own, of course. I imagine you'd be less than impressed if I played you some Bolt Thrower... ;)

Fair enough mate, I just can't stand any of their songs, but I know I'll be in the minority here.

Each to his own, of course. I imagine you'd be less than impressed if I played you some Bolt Thrower... ;)

You would be correct there JE! lol

Yeah. I liked Performocracy, but it didn't live up to the brilliance that is Clash of the Elements. This one has some promising song titles, if that's anything to go by.

same here. I thought the last was pretty meh which is odd for a band of The Poodles talent.

Actually I need to know your hate in the first place of The Poodles because they're basically a very nice melodic metal/hard rock mix of a band. Is it because only 1-2 songs and you tend to ignore the last 2 albums ?

Actually I need to know your hate in the first place of The Poodles because they're basically a very nice melodic metal/hard rock mix of a band. Is it because only 1-2 songs and you tend to ignore the last 2 albums ?

No, just that I've heard two of their albums (probably the first two) and didn't find a single song I liked! I like the sound that the band makes, but for me the songs are just incredibly uninteresting.

• My Little Pony

No, just that I've heard two of their albums (probably the first two) and didn't find a single song I liked! I like the sound that the band makes, but for me the songs are just incredibly uninteresting.

Try "Clash of the Elements." Easily their best. I've never been able to pin down your taste, James, but there has to be one track on that album you'd appreciate.

Yeah James, 'Sweet Trade' is their weakest and their debut is quite good in my ears, but you definitely need to check CoTE and Performocracy, at least give it a try and you probably might find several goodies there

Try "Clash of the Elements." Easily their best. I've never been able to pin down your taste, James, but there has to be one track on that album you'd appreciate.

'Clash of the Elements' is one of the CDs I had and I thought it was poor. As I said, the noise the band makes is fine with me, but the individual tunes just did nothing for me at all.

Sorry.

:unsure:

Here is my quick ratings of theire 4 releases

Metal Will Stand Tall - 87% with only 'Song For You' being a true filler, the rest of the release was awesome. Metall Will Stand Tall is a lame Manowar styled title.

Sweet Trade - 85% the last 6 songs are insanely awesome, the first 6 are only very good. My favourite album of 2007, although the only other really good title that year was the Loverboy release. 2007 was the weakest year in music my for my tastes of the last 10 years.

Clash Of The Elements - 88% the first track is filler and so is 7 Days & 7 Nights (I see the new album will have a song called 40 Days and 40 Nights...I hope it's not a redo of this one.) The rest of the album is pretty solid. Caroline was my favourite song of 2009 and One Out Of Ten is their best ballad.

Performocracy - 78% Way too much filler on this one. The best tracks by far were Cuts Like A Knife, Vampire's Call, I Want It All and the best being Bring Back The Night. This album sounded rushed, 4 Poodles releases in under 6 years, I think they needed a break and needed to re-tool.

Sweet Trade - 85% the last 6 songs are insanely awesome, the first 6 are only very good. My favourite album of 2007, although the only other really good title that year was the Loverboy release. 2007 was the weakest year in music my for my tastes of the last 10 years.

yeah 2007 was comparably weak compared to 2009/10/11/12/13 (so far).

Loverboy was awesome, but then so too were these few gems....Crazy Lixx - Loud Minority, Ted Poley - Smile, Daughtry - s/t and of course my fav that year the awesome Dead Reckoning by Threshold.

Metal Will Stand Tall - 87% with only 'Song For You' being a true filler, the rest of the release was awesome. Metall Will Stand Tall is a lame Manowar styled title.

Clash Of The Elements - 88% the first track is filler and so is 7 Days & 7 Nights (I see the new album will have a song called 40 Days and 40 Nights...I hope it's not a redo of this one.) The rest of the album is pretty solid. Caroline was my favourite song of 2009 and One Out Of Ten is their best ballad.

Performocracy - 78% Way too much filler on this one. The best tracks by far were Cuts Like A Knife, Vampire's Call, I Want It All and the best being Bring Back The Night. This album sounded rushed, 4 Poodles releases in under 6 years, I think they needed a break and needed to re-tool.

I really like 7 Days & 7Nights!

• My Little Pony

I really like 7 Days & 7Nights!

Me, too. And "Too Much of Everything." I honestly love that album front-to-back. Every track. I've spun it to death, and it still gives me life.

I had their first two albums ... there are a couple of absolute killers on Sweet Trade, but the rest of the songs just blurred into one for me ... their debut didn't really 'get' me at all (although a mate of mine - not JE - thinks it's one of the best things he's ever heard!)

Guest Axldobby

I'm a little bit afraid by number of tracks... Last time, with "Performocracy" and as some underlined, there were fillers... And it was a thirteen track release... I hope it will be a killer one! :) I was a little bit disappointed by "Clash Of The Elements" and more by "Performocracy".