Stone Temple Pilots fire Scott Weiland

whiplash1972

http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/news

February 27th, 2013 - Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland - no further information is available at this time.

--------------------------------------------------

While I'm of the mindset that without Scott there is no STP, it'll be interesting to see how both sides proceed.

<sarcasm>Hopefully all that pesky touring wasn't cutting into his snorting time. </sarcasm>

http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/news

February 27th, 2013 - Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland - no further information is available at this time.

--------------------------------------------------

While I'm of the mindset that without Scott there is no STP, it'll be interesting to see how both sides proceed.

<sarcasm>Hopefully all that pesky touring wasn't cutting into his snorting time. </sarcasm>

I personally could not give a shit, didn't think they were bad but not my cup of tea.

LOL, Good luck STP, since your the sole reason I ever listened to that kind of music, and you just fired the only reason I ever did!

Per Scott Weiland:

I learned of my supposed “termination” from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press. Not sure how I can be “terminated” from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that’s something for the lawyers to figure out. In the meantime, I’m looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday.

Same as Alice In Chains for me. A few decent songs but not really my cup of tea. No big loss.

Agree, for me you can add Soundgarden and Pearl Jam- few decent songs but not my thing at all !

Same as Alice In Chains for me. A few decent songs but not really my cup of tea. No big loss.

Agree, for me you can add Soundgarden and Pearl Jam- few decent songs but not my thing at all !

Agree completely.

Agree completely.

I'm in agreement also.

I think Mr. Weilland is very talented. Perhaps is difficult to work with, like Axl Rose or Michael Schenker -- but he must have been "easier" than those two, since Velvet Revolver occurred and STP did re-form for a while.

Just sayin'...rather see STP than Bon Jovi in concert, any day of the week!

Anh, someone has to tell all these youngsters the truth.

If you'd rather see Bon Jovi "tearing it up" singing rockabilly songs with sugarland-- than see STP crunching through "Sex Type Thing", well....

I'm sorry to hear that.

Well, if you don't like the band(such as STP)then the choice would be Bon Jovi. I would rather see Bon Jovi singing their classics than STP singing their so called classics.

It's a toss-up. I kinda despise the modern day Bon Jovi so I'm not sure I would want to see them play anything since Keep The Faith. On the other hand, I hate most of STP's songs. There's a few that are okay.

If you'd rather see Bon Jovi "tearing it up" singing rockabilly songs with sugarland-- than see STP crunching through "Sex Type Thing", well....

I'm sorry to hear that.

I am no youngster, and I can tell you that not only are Bon Jovi still one of the best live shows, regardless of wether you like the newer stuff or not, but STP are a pile of miserable dogshit. And the worst thing about Velvet Revolver was the singer ... so why on earth would I wanna see STP live purely based on whatever age I am?

And as The Rocker says, you go and see what band you like, and for most people on this website, they are gonna pick Jovi over STP.

for most people on this website, they are gonna pick Jovi over STP.

Asking me to pick between those two would be like asking "Which would you rather do, slam your nuts in a car door or set your hair on fire?"

Just sayin'. ;) Carry on.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I am no youngster, and I can tell you that not only are Bon Jovi still one of the best live shows, regardless of wether you like the newer stuff or not, but STP are a pile of miserable dogshit. And the worst thing about Velvet Revolver was the singer ... so why on earth would I wanna see STP live purely based on whatever age I am?

And as The Rocker says, you go and see what band you like, and for most people on this website, they are gonna pick Jovi over STP.

Quoted for truth. 'Who Says You Can't Go Home' is probably the worst song BJ have recorded to date, but I'd watch them play that song repeatly for 3 hours over a 20min absolute best of set from STP.