Skid Row signs with Megaforce Records - New CD April 16th

whiplash1972

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly could not give a toss about the two non-Bach Skid Row albums. A couple of passable tunes on both, but nothing I would be upset about if I never heard them again.

Subhuman is the worst of the 3 Bach ones for me, but its still a great album. I probably prefer the self titled album over Slave as I prefer the more commercial/melodic sound, but Slave is also an amazing album.

The last two Bach albums are 1000 times better than the last two Skid Row albums.

Don't get me wrong. I like SHR but it isn't the perfection that is STTG. Put the crack pipe down dude.

Crack pipe? Nah, I will pass. I will take a shot of SHR though...

The last two Bach albums are 1000 times better than the last two Skid Row albums.

Agree 1000%

I actually prefer 'Thickskin' to both. I do actually like that CD plenty. But yeah, the Bach albums are better than 'RPM' for sure.

• 5 weeks later...

New Track "Kings of Demolition" in full:

http://youtu.be/twgGdvGfNdc

What sayest thou? Sounds pretty durn good to me. But as I mentioned, I'm one of maybe a dozen people (tops) who liked Revolutions Per Minute so obviously I'm easily amused. :D

It appears these eps are not getting a Japanese release :(

And this is a problem... why? Do you live in Japan now or somethin'? :ninja:

It appears these eps are not getting a Japanese release :(

And this is a problem... why? Do you live in Japan now or somethin'? :ninja:

Nope but if you haven't noticed that's mainly what my website is about. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Been spinning this lately:

1. Kings Of Demolition -- 9.0/10 -- excellent "back to the old sound" track

2. Let's Go -- 7.0/10 -- this is an okay track; kinda mixes the old Skid Row with RPM

3. This Is Killing Me -- 8.5/10 -- pretty good ballad kinda reminding me of Thickskin again especially the chorus

4. Get Up -- 7.0/10 -- another RPM kinda track; chorus sucks (to me it's sorta a generic rip-off off Beautiful Creatures "Step Back")

5. Stitches -- 7.5/10 -- another RPM sounding track mixed with SHR; not bad but not great

So we have one kickass rocker; one killer slow track; and 3 mediocre tracks. A step in the right direction but not nearly as good as the Bach years

Been spinning this lately:

1. Kings Of Demolition -- 9.0/10 -- excellent "back to the old sound" track

2. Let's Go -- 7.0/10 -- this is an okay track; kinda mixes the old Skid Row with RPM

3. This Is Killing Me -- 8.5/10 -- pretty good ballad kinda reminding me of Thickskin again especially the chorus

4. Get Up -- 7.0/10 -- another RPM kinda track; chorus sucks (to me it's sorta a generic rip-off off Beautiful Creatures "Step Back")

5. Stitches -- 7.5/10 -- another RPM sounding track mixed with SHR; not bad but not great

So we have one kickass rocker; one killer slow track; and 3 mediocre tracks. A step in the right direction but not nearly as good as the Bach years

I should love it then since we rarely agree ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Been listening to this one today; easily their best post-Bach output. I'm diggnin' it! :banger:

This is a good album, considering their last two heavy punky albums which not really suit my taste, but with only 5 songs, the score could be volatile. I think 'Get Up' is the worst track and I kinda dig 'This Is Killing Me', which is a great power ballad. Second best track here is 'Let's Go' which has great chorus and riffs, and the rest are quite okay. Production is balance and great and musicianship is pretty much satisfying. Good album but I guess we need a full album and more varied, perhaps two more melodic stuffs, another 80s style ballad, and maybe two more 'Youth Gone Wild' rebellious style. A good turnaround and hopefully the full length album later will be better

74%

Interestingly the UK version appears to be being released via EMI on the 27th, and it has two extra tracks, "Fire fire" (Ezo cover) & "United" (Judas Priest cover).

Interestingly the UK version appears to be being released via EMI on the 27th, and it has two extra tracks, "Fire fire" (Ezo cover) & "United" (Judas Priest cover).

Hmm very interesting. They are gonna fuck around and release an album instead of ep :)

Hmm very interesting. They are gonna fuck around and release an album instead of ep :)

:tumbsup:

EP, full length, 2 CD, mega box set, hidden tracks, blah blah.....the true question is...will it have any good songs on it?

Tue dat! :drink:

EP, full length, 2 CD, mega box set, hidden tracks, blah blah.....the true question is...will it have any good songs on it?

So far, so good...

So far, so good...

Well, I cannot agree with you on that, but probably not a surprise since we vastly differ in our opinions of Skid Row as I think of Slave To The Grind to be a top all time album and Subhuman Race forgettable at best (maybe I should try to sping it again...it's been years).

So far, so good...

Well, I cannot agree with you on that, but probably not a surprise since we vastly differ in our opinions of Skid Row as I think of Slave To The Grind to be a top all time album and Subhuman Race forgettable at best (maybe I should try to sping it again...it's been years).

Slave could be my fave on some days as I love it as well. SHR is just Slave on steroids and is heavy as hell. Play it when you crave something heavier to give it a fair shot,