Aerosmith - Music From Another Dimension

Stefan

Some tracks from the new album 'Music From Another Dimension'.

WTF?!

Apart from the song 'What Could Have Been Love' (pretty decent), these songs simply sucks!

What were they thinking of? This is indeed music from another dimension, the 'Dimension of Suck'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqf71NlCc&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r20TGXVfJCQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxlT1gTiG00&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9aYABYk4NM

They sound like they could have been off of Nine Lives, which I like alot.

From what I undersatnd... "Street Jesus" was actually started during the "Toys In The Attic" period. The song just never got finished until now.

They sound like they could have been off of Nine Lives, which I like alot.

Really? I don't mind Nine Lives but the new one is one noisy mess. At least on the first listening.

Lover alot sounds like it's from Nine Lives, Legendary Child sounds like a missing bonus track off of Big Ones.

I love the ballad 'What Could Have Been Love', amazing stuff !

'Legendary Child' has that 'Sweet Emotion' feel to the chorus, and the groovy verse, well same ol Aerosmith, I must say it's pretty good, but not their best moment

'Lover Alot' a bit weak, could be a filler or a left-over session from 'Get A Grip', not awful though, maybe I can get through to it after 2-3 spins, but hoping there are more better tracks inside

and what's in the last video ? seems to have been removed by the user

• My Little Pony

AeroSHIT

WOW!

I don't think Aerosmith is shit, and I don't think these songs are shit, but I feel they could be so much better. There's a lot of potential in these tracks, but they need to clean them up. There's a difference between sounding raw and sounding muddy, and these are just too dirty.

AeroSHIT

WOW!

I don't think Aerosmith is shit, and I don't think these songs are shit, but I feel they could be so much better. There's a lot of potential in these tracks, but they need to clean them up. There's a difference between sounding raw and sounding muddy, and these are just too dirty.

Yes, maybe that is a bit harsh. Aerosmith is pretty good at times, I think they have a lot of great songs. The new ones in the first post however ('What Could Have Been Love' being the exception) don't belong in that category. Better sound/production would have made the difference...

• 3 weeks later...

Jeez 'Legendary Child' is a dead ringer for something they've done before. Pretty nice pre-chorus, though.

I've never been an Aerosmith fan and only own a couple of their (amazingly patchy) CDs and doubt I'll bother with this, but I guess that ballad is pretty nice. Did Diane Warren pen that one too? ;)

Some of the comments I read for this album on various sites so far have convinced me some have made their minds up before hand and haven't even heard this, or it's a completely different album they have been listening to the one I have for the last few days. OK It's not 'Rocks' Or 'Toys', or even 'Permanent Vacation' or 'Pump'.. do we really expect them to release an album as good as those in this day and age, probably no, but in saying that, there are still some great stuff on here and it's way better then 'Just Push Play' and as good if not better than 'Nine Lives'.

OK the minus points first ...At 15 tracks (18 tracks and 80+ minutes with the special edition) it's way too long..maybe 12 tracks would have been sufficient, cutting out the filler tracks

Joe Perry...Should be never allowed near a mic, never mind singing lead vocals on album tracks ('Something' is especially wretched)

Some have said too many ballads..Maybe..but with maybe 4/5 out of 18 tracks, not excessive in my book.( plus They do the ballads very well, on here no exception),

'Can't Stop Lovin' You'...Total generic ballad with 'Famous' person (Carrie Underwood) duetting.., not that bad a tune to be honest..but this will sell a good few copies and keep 'em on the TV ;-)

Now The Good points and the most important one first ..The Songs.... As I said above at 18 tracks it's too long, so keeping the consistency up over that many songs is never gonna happen, but when they get it right, they certainly do just that..'Luv XXX'. 'Street Jesus' (classic Aero riff), 'Beautiful' , 'What Could Have Been', 'We All Fall Down' (2 terrific ballads)..

In general there's more of a mid 70's Smith vibe going on here to some of the songs..there's some great Joe Perry riffage going down all over the album and Mr.Tyler still sounds good too.

Production....It's hasn't got the early 90's MTV sheen and is rawer, but is still a good sounding record... suits the songs and their approach to this album fine.

So there ya go..Far far from a disaster some are leading us to believe (imo of course). The 'Aero' haters will always be there (i'm sure they have written a review for the next album already), but for those willing to give it a 'Listen without Prejudice', some of this may be of a pleasant surprise.

Will be really interested to hear what Mega Aerosmith fan Nick has to say about this one....

I heard the entire album today for the first time and all I can say that this is pretty average album, and loaded with lots of ballads, so at one point, it reminds me of GET A GRIP where the strong part lies on the ballads and this is quite similar. 'What Could Have Been Love' is obviously the best ballad and possibly the best track of the bunch, but I also like the very last track, 'Another Last Goodbye' which has that enigmatic 'Dream On' vibe, and Tyler's falsetto and high screamer is well executed judging by his age. Another ballads here that should have been mentioned are 'Can't Stop Lovin' You' with Carrie Underwood and 'We All Fall Down' but I tend to skip 'Tell Me' and 'Closer', so yeah there are at least 6 slow tracks here.

Comprised of 15 tracks, I picked 'Beautiful', 'Lover alot' and 'Something' being the worst tracks here, so calculating the rest 12 tracks, I guess it's a 70%-75% material. Lookin' forward to dig more with a second spin, but with 'Legendary Child' and 'Street Jesus' coming up at 7.5, I don't see how this album can go past 80%, so it's 'a buy under $5' thing I guess

Not the train wreck I was expecting after all the pre-release reviews - it makes a change from me expecting so much of an album by people saying giving the old "album of the year/decade/century" nonsense and then being let down/bemused over all the hype - I can do without that these days.

I've nowt much to add over what's been said it's not the best Aerosmith album, it's not the worst....certainly better than Just Push Play maybe on par with 9 Lives which I thought was the last decent Aerosmith album. But again the ballads that made Get a Grip such a sappy album again ruin it for me. Could do with cutting back to 3 ballads tops, certainly the duet Can't Stop Lovin' You should have been left on the cutting room floor IMHO.

What Could have Been Love is okay ... but typical Aeroballad fodder that is getting too formularic - whereas the song Tell Me I prefer - I love the slightly downer minor progression of a chorus.

The production is cool too - a lot less tooth rottingly glossy than recent efforts by various artists, the Smith included.

The songs that rock are pretty cool, some have a great vibe with a gentle nod to the past but not so completely immersed in the 70's vibe as we were lead to believe they would be. One song slightly overlong (Out Go the Lights).... I really like Freedom Fighter okay Joe's vocals aren't everyones cuppa but it works for me, probably would have been better with Tyler singing I guess.

Anyway overall dead pleased with the album - it's been getting loads of plays at home - I'd give it between 3 and a half to four stars out of five edging closer to four stars the more I play it.

Even with my reservations for What Could Have Been Love I'd say the 1st 8 tracks were pretty much unskippable - picks up again at track 10 and then depending on your opinion of Joe's vocals / ballads can be reasonably enjoyable for the remainder of the album - In fact the last song Another Last Goodbye has a real Mia / Dream On/ You See Me Crying kind of feel and makes for a good end to the release.

Gave this one a spin today - first time I've even bothered to spin an Aerosmith album in an age. I remember getting 'Just Push Play' for $2 and I couldn't even make it through a full spin before selling it. So I guess the last one I have is 'Get a Grip.'

I don't like the band, but I don't hate them, even if I do think they are just a very, very average rock band. But even some very average rock bands come up with a good song here and there, and these guys are no exception. In all honesty, I think the ballads are the only good thing/s about this CD. I love the pre-chorus to 'Legendary Child' but that song sounds SOOO familiar. Still, it is the best of the rockers, by far, and to be honest, the only one that isn't really quite poor. Oh and 'Beautiful' is okay.

A few of the ballads are pretty average too, and the best is 'What could have been,' which is nice in a very tacky way. But overall, I agree that if they'd cut this down to a 10 track CD and got rid of 5 songs that no one in the world would miss, this would have seemed a hell of a lot better.

Yeah, I guess for me it's an okay average rock album by an average rock band. IMO it's much better than Van Halen's disc this year. Difference being that whilst Van Halen can and do truly suck a lot of the time, Aerosmith are just truly average a lot of the time, without excessively sucking. IMO, of course. :)

• 9 years later...
A few okay songs but nothing that would make my top 20 Aerosmith songs.  

1.  Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
2.  Voodoo Medicine Man
3.  F.I.N.E.
4.  Don’t Get Mad Get Even
5.  Get A Grip
6.  Nobody’s Fault
7.  Young Lust
8.  Jailbait
9.  The Farm
10. Girl Keeps Coming Apart
11. Back In The Saddle 
12. Lightning Strikes
13. Same Old Song And Dance