Any VIXEN fans out there with deep pockets?

Fat Freddy

The '80s girl band is the latest bunch to give this "Kickstarter" thing a go to fund a new album...

Only $847 of the needed $35,000 so far. Maybe they need to offer naked photos of Janet Gardner or Share Pedersen as "rewards" to bump up donations. :lol:

I'd pay for them not to make a new album...

:rofl2:

I always wonder, what the hell that 35k for, you can use ProTools nowadays and it's far cheaper than the heydays

are they also building a new strip club to introduce their new album ? :D

Exactly the same thing I said with Guardian. Look at their last few albums. Who the f*ck would want more of those?

Surely how bad they were has a lot to do with where they are now, having to resort to these methods.

I love the first 2 albums, but they won't record anything like that again. I still want to know what happens to all this cash if/when these CDs don't get made...

I notice that only 1 original member is currently in the band...I always like Roxi Petrucci the best.

Yup it's just been the guitarist Jan for I think 8-10 years with three others. I saw them live maybe 6 years ago and they were good but not great.

I still want to know what happens to all this cash if/when these CDs don't get made...

after some investigation, I did see that Guardian said that the money would't be taken out till they hit their money mark then take it out and if they didn't hit their $ mark then the money would never be taken from your account. But seriouly If I helped to fund an album I would want some say in the sound of the album

Rhino Bucket did that a couple years back but I don't think they were trying to raise nearly that much money. I have no idea if they were successful though.

Rhino Bucket did that a couple years back but I don't think they were trying to raise nearly that much money. I have no idea if they were successful though.

Rhino Bucket wasn't trying to raise nearly that. I know they came up short but were able to cut some costs and release their album. I think they were trying to raise 20K but I could be wrong.

• 1 month later...

Vixen has apparently cancelled their Kickstarter campaign due to massive disinterest... gee, that's a shame.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Even though theres nothing like a full-on-studio-all-the-weapons-at-you're-disposal recording situation-Use Pro-tools and stfu already..these twats are lucky anyone ever bought ONE of their albums period.As far as Guardian go i wouldn't give that band 2 cents.After their first couple of releases is was suck city. :whistle:

Vixen with just Jan is not Vixen.....you need ALL four, especially Janet Gardner! As for Guardian.....they recently released an EP with some vintage Guardian tunes, and if that is the direction they take...then that would be cool. However, they are an odd group....and they may put out crap like Bottlerocket again!! lol