NFL playoff time again!

martinsane

Well kiddies seems another season of the greatest game on earth is comming to an end. Looks like there are going to some real good games this weekend and as the weeks progress some interesting teams in the mix.

Let's opinionate here:

As is common knowledge around these parts I am a Steeler nut so I must insist that they win in Denver. My concern is that Ben is not healthy enough/recovered from that "high ankle sprain", which sounds to me like a downplay when in reality it is a "broken" leg...

Anywho:

Saturday January 7th:

Cincinati Bengals @ Houston Texans Could care less who wins this one, whoever it is won't get past he next round! That said I'll take the Bengals to win.

&

Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints Hate "America's team and always have had a soft spot for Detroit, even though Kitna is no longer with them. So Detroit for me!

Sunday January 8th:

Atlanta Falcons @ NY Giants Again, could care less here. "Hotlanta" are just a bore and their coach freaks me out (dude just looks creepy) and I will hold back, for now, on my Eli Manning rants... I'll go Atlanta just to see Eli cry again.

&

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos And of course I shall go with the anti-christ team Pittsburgh (Let's hope Ben is 80% or more PLEASE!). I know everyone hates Pitt and especially Big Ben so I am sure on principle many will cheer for the angelic Mr. Teabag, ahem I mean Tebow. :) Pitt, needs to win just to go back through Baltimore and shut that murderer Ray Lewis up...

:popcorn:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitt, needs to win just to go back through Baltimore and shut that murderer Ray Lewis up...

I hope the Steelers can beat T-Blow and the Broncos... I'd love for the Baltimore defense to have yet a third chance to but the little rapist on his ass for the third time this year. Of course the excuses are already built in with Ben faking an injury (again) and Mendenhall out.

As far as my picks:

NFC

I'll take Atlanta over The New York Giant.... 31 to 20.

I think The Saints will put up too many points for the Lions to keep up... NO - 37 and Detroit - 27.

AFC

I think the Texans defense will be able to stop Dalton and the Bengals' offense. With a healthy Foster and Tate I don't see any way that Cinn. can slow down the Texans' running game (Rice had 191 on them last week).

I think it will be fairly low scoring... Texans - 20 and Bengals - 17.

Denver and Pitt... I could see this one going either way. I look for the lowest scoring game of the weekend. Denver's defense is made to stop teams just like the Steelers, ad the fact that Redmond (fumble) will be carrying the load and Ben is still faking an injury it could be hard for them to score. Denver's offense is a joke as is T-Blow. That being said, this is the type of offense (unconventional) that could fool the Steelers. The Steelers defense is built on fundamentals and may be caught off guard by some of the things that Denver does. All that being said, I'll take the Steelers (Cuz I wanna see them get beat down again in Baltimore). I'll say the score will be .. Pitt - 17 and Denver - 13.

EDIT - If either Defense scores.. that team will win this game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winners:

Atlanta

New Orleans

Houston

Pitt.

if the Bengals lose and Pittsburg wins, they (we) get to go to New England. The Pats get the lowest seek through the playoffs.

So does that mean the winner of the Patriot game goes to Baltimore or ??? What Cincy wins and Pitt wins??? I'm not that deep so I don't know where everyone goes after this weekend...

Pats will always get the lowers seed left in the playoffs. If the Bengals win they go to New England. Ravens will always get the 2nd lowest seed left.

#1 - Pats

#2 - Ravens

#3 - Texans

#4 - Broncos

#5 - Steelers

#6 - Bengals

Texans play Bengals. If Bengals win they got Pats. #1 vs #6. then if the Steelers win they go to the Ravens - #2 vs #5.

If the Texans and Steelers win then it will go like #3 Texans vs #2 Ravens and #1 Pats vs #5 Steelers.

If by some odd chance the Steelers are upset by the Broncos then the #4 will go to the #1.

The Pats will always have the lowest seed because they are the #1 seed.

Pats will always get the lowers seed left in the playoffs. If the Bengals win they go to New England. Ravens will always get the 2nd lowest seed left.

#1 - Pats

#2 - Ravens

#3 - Texans

#4 - Broncos

#5 - Steelers

#6 - Bengals

Texans play Bengals. If Bengals win they got Pats. #1 vs #6. then if the Steelers win they go to the Ravens - #2 vs #5.

If the Texans and Steelers win then it will go like #3 Texans vs #2 Ravens and #1 Pats vs #5 Steelers.

If by some odd chance the Steelers are upset by the Broncos then the #4 will go to the #1.

The Pats will always have the lowest seed because they are the #1 seed.

Thanks man, never "thought" that much about who goes where in the playoffs just kind of watched and wondered...

My Picks:

Houston 24, Cincinnati 17.

Pittsburgh 31, Denver 9.

New Orleans 34, Detroit 27.

Atlanta 21, NY Giants 19.

I agree on 2 of these. I believe Pitt will win rather easily. New Orleans will win in a high scoring game. But I believe the Giants will go on a run (like 2007) and I think Cincy will take out Houston due to bad QB play.

Steelers 20 - Broncos 6

Tebow will have a long day but might put together one or two big plays but will most likely be running for his life and even though McGahee has had a great year he will struggle in getting yards against Pitt's stout D. Denver's D will probably keep this close for the first three quarters but I can't see Denver winning this game unless Tebow gets hurt and John Elway comes out of retirement.

Giants 37 - Falcons 23

Atlanta has not played well outdoors and I get the feeling that NY is getting healthy at the right time.

Saints 35 - Lions 27

Two teams that are most comfortable in a dome and can put up points quickly but NO will out score Detroit but this should be a good game.

Houston 23 - Cincy 20

Two teams that haven't been scoring a ton of points and both are great defensively but it's Houston's ground game that will give the edge IMO.

Time to put my Steelers shirt on and grab the terrible towel again!

If you wear a Steelers shirt and grab a terrible towel I'm going to have the authorities come in and confiscate all of your KIX CDs (and maybe even your Face Dancer CDs).

:director: .. Back away from the towel..... :bigboom:

If you wear a Steelers shirt and grab a terrible towel I'm going to have the authorities come in and confiscate all of your KIX CDs (and maybe even your Face Dancer CDs).

Don't listen to Dave Nick (Ravens fan's are weird). It's OK to like the Steelers and I'll have mine (and so will my kids) t-shirts, terrible towel and the oh so cool big foam finger. :)

I heard that Clark is not making the trip to Denveer something about the altitude works havoc on his innards?

Its Tebow-Time!!!!!!!!

:rofl2:

Sorry guys, as a Chiefs fan I had to ;)

Congrats to the Chiefs on making the playoffs, oh yeah they didnt make the playoffs........

Nope, that was last year when we convincingly won the division. This year is easy to read. Charles, Berry, Moeoki, Cassel, the list goes on. Most were out by week 2...can't win without your best players. The schedule was brutal the last 6 weeks with games against Chicago, New England, Pittsburg, Green Bay (and gave them their only loss this year) & New York. Yet somehow we were a blocked field goal away from winning the division and making the playoffs.

Colour me impressed and excited about the future. Can you say that?

Don't listen to Dave Nick (Ravens fan's are weird). It's OK to like the Steelers and I'll have mine (and so will my kids) t-shirts, terrible towel and the oh so cool big foam finger. :)

I heard that Clark is not making the trip to Denveer something about the altitude works havoc on his innards?

Terry, if your kids have terrible towels I'm going to have the authorities in Washington look into child abuse charges. Even if the authorities don't do anything... remember, you could possibly be scarring your kids for life. :whistle:

Remember... you should want your kids to be BETTER than yourself.

Terry, if your kids have terrible towels I'm going to have the authorities in Washington look into child abuse charges. Even if the authorities don't do anything... remember, you could possibly be scarring your kids for life. :whistle:

Remember... you should want your kids to be BETTER than yourself.

I'm afraid you can't get better in the NFL than the Steelers from Pittsburgh my friend. Even though we do support the local team Go Seahawks!! :)

Steelers: 10

Broncos: 3

I wish that weren't the case, as I actually DESPISE the Steelers, hate Roth Benlesberger, and like Tim Tebow, but Timmah has shown that he just cannot throw the ball.

Giants: 24

Falcons: 20

This one is a real toss-up. Could be close either way, or the Giants in a blowout.

Saints: 44

Lions: 20

No faith in Detroit against NO.

Bengals: 20

Texans: 14

Snoozer of the weekend.

It'll be a cold day in hell when anyone confiscates my Kix and Face Dancer CD's....a VERY cold day.

I had a picture taken last superbowl of me and my son (Ben) in our Steelers shirts....I posted it on my Facebook page (I think .... I barely ever go there these days). Maybe I should remove it in view of pending child cruelty charges <_< ! Hah fat chance...go Steelers :dance:

It'll be a cold day in hell when anyone confiscates my Kix and Face Dancer CD's....a VERY cold day.

I had a picture taken last superbowl of me and my son (Ben) in our Steelers shirts....I posted it on my Facebook page (I think .... I barely ever go there these days). Maybe I should remove it in view of pending child cruelty charges <_< ! Hah fat chance...go Steelers :dance:

That'll teach me to read the whole thread.

Hoping the Pats can beat whoever they end up playing. Gutted the Chiefs imploded so badly this season.

Well, after watching the first half of the Lions and Saints game I can't see either of them winning the Super Bowl. Those defenses are pathetic.. especially the Saint. If either of these teams meet a team with 1/2 a defense they will be done. After watching the first half I wouldn't be surprised to see the winner of the Giants and Falcons game in the Super Bowl. If the Saints are on the road in a cold environment they don't have a shot.

Well, after watching the first half of the Lions and Saints game I can't see either of them winning the Super Bowl. Those defenses are pathetic.. especially the Saint. If either of these teams meet a team with 1/2 a defense they will be done. After watching the first half I wouldn't be surprised to see the winner of the Giants and Falcons game in the Super Bowl. If the Saints are on the road in a cold environment they don't have a shot.

And Green Bay's D is any better :whistle: