NFL playoff time again!

martinsane

Here are some rankings from the regular season for the 8 remaining playoff teams:

OFFENSE

Points Per Game

#1 Green Bay

#2 New Orleans

#3 New England

#9 NY Giants

#10 Houston

#11 San Francisco

#12 Baltimore

#25 Denver

Passing Yards Per Game

#1 New Orleans

#2 New England

#3 Green Bay

#5 NY Giants

#18 Houston

#19 Baltimore

#29 San Francisco

#31 Denver

Rushing Yards Per Game

#1 Denver

#2 Houston

#6 New Orleans

#8 San Francisco

#10 Baltimore

#20 New England

#27 Green Bay

#32 NY Giants

DEFENSE

Points Allowed Per Game

#2 San Francisco

#3 Baltimore

#4 Houston

#13 New Orleans

#15 New England

#19 Green Bay

#24 Denver

#25 NY Giants

Passing Yards Allowed Per Game

#3 Houston

#4 Baltimore

#16 San Francisco

#18 Denver

#29 NY Giants

#30 New Orleans

#31 New England

#32 Green Bay

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game

#1 San Francisco

#2 Baltimore

#4 Houston

#12 New Orleans

#14 Green Bay

#17 New England

#19 NY Giants

#22 Denver

Turnover Differential

#1 San Francisco (+28)

#2 Green Bay (+24)

#3 New England (+17)

#7t Houston (+7)

#7t NY Giants (+7)

#11t Baltimore (+2)

#19t New Orleans (-3)

#26t Denver (-12)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it will be unpopluar but i'm going to say it anyway. I'm pulling for the Pats to win it all. I think that Brady may be the best ever QB to play the game.

I disagree. Brady gets credit for the Super Bowl's but it is a team sport. Is he better than Marino was? I don't think so and Dan didn't win a Super Bowl. I think Peyton meant more to his team than Brady has. When Brady missed a season due to injury Matt Cassell fills in and goes 11-5 but this season without Peyton the Colts go 2-14. Tom is an excellent QB but is also in a great system where they don't run the ball a ton and rely more on short passes and an occasional longer pass. Plus now with two huge Tight Ends that have great hands they have a huge advantage over most defenses that don't have linebackers and safeties that can cover them. Again I do think Tom is great but I think Peyton Manning has been greater and also believe that Brees is right there with both of them. One thing that pisses me off about Brady is watching him cry on that ESPN special "The Brady Six" and how he was overlooked and disrespected by being drafted at #199 when other less successful QB's went earlier but something he doesn't mention is the fact that if would of went earlier maybe he never gets a chance to play like he did with the Pats. Plus he had and has absolutely no mobility and if not for a great offensive line year after year that keeps him from being touched he would struggle.

Brady has 3 rings withoug a HOF WR or RB. studys like Manning but produces under pressure and in the playoffs. For a LONG time my pick for best QB ever was Elway but in my opinion Brady has now taken over that spot. BEST EVER will always be just opinoin. I do think that Brady has done more with a lesser cast than just about anyone has. Give Brady the weapons that Manning has had and it would be crazy what his numbers would be.

and just for the record of where I'm coming from ---- I've been a Manning fan since his days of playing at UT. Being a huge Vols fan he still owns Knoxville in my opinion. So me saying Brady is better than Manning isn't said without looking at both. Being a Steeler fan and having Brady beat my Steelers most years still doesn't cloud my feelings that Brady is maybe the Best Ever.

Brady has 3 rings withoug a HOF WR or RB. studys like Manning but produces under pressure and in the playoffs. For a LONG time my pick for best QB ever was Elway but in my opinion Brady has now taken over that spot. BEST EVER will always be just opinoin. I do think that Brady has done more with a lesser cast than just about anyone has. Give Brady the weapons that Manning has had and it would be crazy what his numbers would be.

and just for the record of where I'm coming from ---- I've been a Manning fan since his days of playing at UT. Being a huge Vols fan he still owns Knoxville in my opinion. So me saying Brady is better than Manning isn't said without looking at both. Being a Steeler fan and having Brady beat my Steelers most years still doesn't cloud my feelings that Brady is maybe the Best Ever.

Yup Manning has had some good wideouts and he had Dallas Clark when he was healthy but besides having James at RB early in his career who has he had in the backfield since then? Their running game has been the worst in the league or one of the worst in the league for years and years even the year they won the Super Bowl. Also I think you forget that Brady did have someone named RANDY MOSS!!!!! And you are still fogetting that Matt Cassell won 11 games with the same team while Manning's backup(s) only won two games with a mostly healthy team that Peyton won anywhere from 10-15 games with. Also Tom's offensive line has kept him protected so much better than Peyton's has.

Yup Manning has had some good wideouts and he had Dallas Clark when he was healthy but besides having James at RB early in his career who has he had in the backfield since then? Their running game has been the worst in the league or one of the worst in the league for years and years even the year they won the Super Bowl. Also I think you forget that Brady did have someone named RANDY MOSS!!!!! And you are still fogetting that Matt Cassell won 11 games with the same team while Manning's backup(s) only won two games with a mostly healthy team that Peyton won anywhere from 10-15 games with. Also Tom's offensive line has kept him protected so much better than Peyton's has.

Yep, had Moss for 2 years at the end of his career. One HUGE year with Moss shows what Brady could have done with big time weapons. Plus the Pats never won a Super Bowl with Moss on the team. All the SB wins have come with WR's that would be a #2 or #3 WR on other teams

Yep, had Moss for 2 years at the end of his career. One HUGE year with Moss shows what Brady could have done with big time weapons. Plus the Pats never won a Super Bowl with Moss on the team. All the SB wins have come with WR's that would be a #2 or #3 WR on other teams

I wasn't gonna bring it up but they haven't won anything since:

SPY GATE :lol:

Of the 4 teams left really I don't care who wins as long as New England doesn't. I despise Brady and Belicheat.

I think the team with the most momentum of the 4 is the Giants, but sentimentally I'm kinda pulling for the 49ers.

I think we know who will not be back with the Ravens next year

I just started a new thread about it but that WAS a catch by Evans and the game was over. He had full possession before it was knocked out and they did NO review as is the rules this year and there was no discussion. FIXED!!!

I just started a new thread about it but that WAS a catch by Evans and the game was over. He had full possession before it was knocked out and they did NO review as is the rules this year and there was no discussion. FIXED!!!

I was quite surprised that play was not reviewed at all.

Whether it was or wasn't a catch... The play should have been reviewed. If it had of been a Patriots TD I'm 100% sure it would have at least been reviewed. The call that bothered me (or the non call) was on the Pats first TD. The Tight End on the right side moved way before the snap with no call.

Now that Brady's record of TD passes in consecutive games is over I'm sure they will now change that stat to regular season games. You know how wonderful Brady is and to stop talking about a record can not happen.

Now that Brady's record of TD passes in consecutive games is over I'm sure they will now change that stat to regular season games. You know how wonderful Brady is and to stop talking about a record can not happen.

Yup they will do whatever they can to take care of the Pats and their golden boy Tom Brady.

I hate to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist but damn I am so down on the NFL right now.

gotta say that I didn't give the Niners enough credit. the played much touger that I thought they would. I knew it would be a good tough game but didn't expect it to be that close. Now, what will happen with them next year? the only way to improve in the eyes of many it SB or bust but it they get better on the offensive side that will go a long way. could be the start of a rebirth.

Giants getting ready again to meet the Pats. could be a 45-48 game or a 10-17 game.