Crazy Lixx

Jeff

More good news:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00778.shtml

After releasing 'New Religion' in 2010, Swedish hard rockers Crazy Lixx will enter the studio this Friday to record the follow-up and the band's third album.

The band says, "We will be in the studio til' mid-Nnovember and the album shall be finished before New Years 2011. The release date is not set yet, but somewhere around March 2012 is when it should ship out."

Crazy Lixx is still signed with Frontiers Records and recently signed a publishing deal with Sony ATV.

Crazy Lixx' previous album 'New Religion' reached both the Sleaze Roxx Top 10 and Reader's Choice Top 20 in 2010. The upcoming follow-up will be the band's first without drummer Joey Cirera who left the band in July -- his replacement has yet to be named.

For more information on Crazy Lixx visit www.crazylixx.com and www.facebook.com/crazylixx.

Great news. As I expected, with this melodic rock trend currently running strong, we'll see a heap of 2008-2010 artists that missed the 2011 to continue releasing albums in 2012. Beside Lixx, I guess Crashdiet should also throw another one too next year, and probably Wig Wam as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great news. As I expected, with this melodic rock trend currently running strong, we'll see a heap of 2008-2010 artists that missed the 2011 to continue releasing albums in 2012. Beside Lixx, I guess Crashdiet should also throw another one too next year, and probably Wig Wam as well.

Hopefully Hardcore Superstar too!

And maybe Leverage and Brother Firetribe.

Crazy Lixx just know how to write those absolutley kickass songs. Both albums they have out are fantastic and I can't wait for this one!

Hopefully Hardcore Superstar too!

And maybe Leverage and Brother Firetribe.

time to save my cash. Those would make for a great year!!

i think Hardcore Superstar should have release one out by Summer, hopefully

but probably no new album for BF since Nightwish is on tight tour schedule next year

and i wish 'Riot Avenue' will at least on par with the prior album because it's kinda hard to beat that one out

Can't wait for some new Crazy Lixx! The bits and pieces from their studio-blog sounded awesome (business as usual for this band)!

Read an interview with Martin from Hardcore Superstar and he said that they're probably going to release a new album in early 2013. Not a bad thing to spend some more time on the road and come back swingin' with their batteries reloaded. Although I liked every album they've released since their ST imo their last two seemed a little rushed.

Can't wait for some new Crazy Lixx! The bits and pieces from their studio-blog sounded awesome (business as usual for this band)!

Read an interview with Martin from Hardcore Superstar and he said that they're probably going to release a new album in early 2013. Not a bad thing to spend some more time on the road and come back swingin' with their batteries reloaded. Although I liked every album they've released since their ST imo their last two seemed a little rushed.

Split Your Lip is awesome and has become my fav HS.

• 4 weeks later...

Split Your Lip is awesome and has become my fav HS.

yeah that is a great album. HS can do no wrong in my book and they are excellent live too!

• 4 weeks later...
Today our third album, RIOT AVENUE will be mastered and done! We can't wait to play these new tunes for you live, Song titles like “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot,” “Young Blood,” “Riot Avenue,” “In The Night,” “Be Gone,” “Only the Dead Know.”

Guitarists Edd & Andy; "There's a lot of fast songs, raw riffs with twin guitars on this album. Early aerosmith or guns' really inspired us with this, so it's very different from the other Lixx records, Much more live sounding and organic and we feel real exited about it.

We recorded and produced the album ourselves and also mixed it ourselves together with 'Robert 'Robban' Ahrling, he really helped us gettin' what we wanted, a key person in this recording, also Vic Zino of Hardcore Superstar helped us allot, especially with the guitarsounds, really made them bleed, and last, Jocke & co' at Sandstöms, couldn't have done this record without them.

We started working with producer Chris Laney but our visions were different for how this record was gonna sound. We had a great time working together earlie in the process but we had to part ways because although Laney's sound was good we felt that it wasn't right this time, we respect each other in this decision.

Danny Rexon: "This time the music is a little more riff-based and straight-forward. We wanted a more raw feeling in the production, back to the roots sound and songwriting compared to our previous albums and there's a lot more up-tempo songs than we had on New Religion.

Today our third album, RIOT AVENUE will be mastered and done! We can't wait to play these new tunes for you live, Song titles like “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot,” “Young Blood,” “Riot Avenue,” “In The Night,” “Be Gone,” “Only the Dead Know.”

Guitarists Edd & Andy; "There's a lot of fast songs, raw riffs with twin guitars on this album. Early aerosmith or guns' really inspired us with this, so it's very different from the other Lixx records, Much more live sounding and organic and we feel real exited about it.

We recorded and produced the album ourselves and also mixed it ourselves together with 'Robert 'Robban' Ahrling, he really helped us gettin' what we wanted, a key person in this recording, also Vic Zino of Hardcore Superstar helped us allot, especially with the guitarsounds, really made them bleed, and last, Jocke & co' at Sandstöms, couldn't have done this record without them.

We started working with producer Chris Laney but our visions were different for how this record was gonna sound. We had a great time working together earlie in the process but we had to part ways because although Laney's sound was good we felt that it wasn't right this time, we respect each other in this decision.

Danny Rexon: "This time the music is a little more riff-based and straight-forward. We wanted a more raw feeling in the production, back to the roots sound and songwriting compared to our previous albums and there's a lot more up-tempo songs than we had on New Religion.

That leaves me slightly worried about I thought would be a dead set killer.

Fast paced songs is fine, as long as they dont ditch the killer choruses and hooks which graced the first 2 albums.

That leaves me slightly worried about I thought would be a dead set killer.

Fast paced songs is fine, as long as they dont ditch the killer choruses and hooks which graced the first 2 albums.

Yeah, leaves me a little worried too. Although the bits and pieces in their studio-blog sounded fine, you'll never know how the finished product is going to sound.

The album was mastered in Copenhagen, Danny Rexon wrote this on FB:

Masteringskillen (äldre gråhårig man med 25 års masteringserfarenhet): "Kaenner du til den der album med Mötley Crue som Bob Rock han va med og gjårde?"

Jag: "Dr Feelgood?"

Masteringskillen: "Ja, den her album den låder som den der Dr Feelgood syns jeg."

Translated:

Greyhaired mastering dude with 25 years of experience: "Do you know that Mötley Crüe record Bob Rock was involved in?"

Danny Rexon: "Dr. Feelgood"?

Matering Guy: "Yeah, this album sounds like Dr. Feelgood, I think."

The album was mastered in Copenhagen, Danny Rexon wrote this on FB:

Masteringskillen (äldre gråhårig man med 25 års masteringserfarenhet): "Kaenner du til den der album med Mötley Crue som Bob Rock han va med og gjårde?"

Jag: "Dr Feelgood?"

Masteringskillen: "Ja, den her album den låder som den der Dr Feelgood syns jeg."

Translated:

Greyhaired mastering dude with 25 years of experience: "Do you know that Mötley Crüe record Bob Rock was involved in?"

Danny Rexon: "Dr. Feelgood"?

Matering Guy: "Yeah, this album sounds like Dr. Feelgood, I think."

Well, then it can't be THAT bad :party421:

The 'Dr Feelgood' comment is promising, but the "we recorded a raw, garage sounding fast-paced punky piece of shit" isn't so promising. :lol:

Like Timothy always says, hard to take much from these press releases and I'm still looking forward to it as much as I was before, but they're not overly encouraging first words on it.

Probably kinda hard for them to make something as great as 'New Religion' again but who knows, might come as a surprise this year :)

Actually having listened to those snippets over the weekend, my interest is newly renewed, cos they were kicking arse................

:beerbang: