Mitch Malloy II

66 mustang

• 1 month later...

Been listening to this on and off for the last week or so, and while I really liked it initially, I didnt hear any songs that stood out.

After about 3 spins now, its really starting to stick in my head.

Really dont think I was paying enough attention the first time, as some of the early songs on it should have hooked me straight away.

I dont think there is anything on there as hooky as Anything at all from the debut, or even You lift me from Shine, but its certainly full of great songs.

Now this may just be me, but although its certainly a throwback to the debut CD, the album it seems to closely resemble for me isnt even a Mitch Malloy album, as it very much reminds me of Revolve by Danger Danger in places.

Some of the songs I could really hear Ted Poley singing, and would have easily fit on Revolve.

I was looking forward to grabbing this as soon as it was released, then I see it's $20. I've noticed a trend lately that it seems new release cd's have really taken a jump in price. In today's economy I can't imagine charging $20 for a cd being a good thing.

See it works out fine for me (I think it was $22 which included international postage) as the exchange rate makes it about normal price for a CD, and am sure that it works pretty well for most of Europe which is where his main customer base probably is, but I can understand that even though the $20 includes postage, its still a lot.

Obviously Mitch has self released it, and while it is a digipack, its still professionally done, so I assume he has had to have the price reasonably high to recoup all his costs.

He could have probably made it cheaper by going the CDR route, but nobody wants that really.

Very disappointed to see this one not pop up on my newly beloved Amazon.uk. At the moment I'm not sure where I'll track down a hard copy, but I gotta say I am really loving this one. I put down my initial review of it yesterday after my 4th or 5th spin and I have to admit it rated far higher than I expected... but it was hard to fault.

Like I said in my initial thoughts on the album, the only obvious faults were the slightly average mix and maybe a lack of variety in song type. But soundwise it's not that bad really, and if the song type is a good song type, no real issue with that either. :)

The lowest score I gave to a song was a 7 to 'Let love win' and everything else rated around the 8 mark or higher. I especially love 'I'm the one,' 'I'll love you still,' and 'Carry on.' Surprisingly strong album, shot right into my top 10. Whether the similar songs hold up to repeated listens, time will tell. But at the moment I really dig it.

Its only available through Mitch himself, and if its anything like Best of and Faith, it wont be available anywhere else (which is why I am somewhat gutted that he said Faith is no longer available, and probably wont be again).

Its only available through Mitch himself, and if its anything like Best of and Faith, it wont be available anywhere else (which is why I am somewhat gutted that he said Faith is no longer available, and probably wont be again).

Wow, that's awkward. Why's he doing it like that? I guess he'll make good coin off it for the copies he does sell, but surely there must have been plenty of the AOR/MHR labels interested in this if he wanted a wider distribution? I just had a look on the net via Google now and couldn't find where or how to buy the mofo. :(

I was looking forward to grabbing this as soon as it was released, then I see it's $20. I've noticed a trend lately that it seems new release cd's have really taken a jump in price. In today's economy I can't imagine charging $20 for a cd being a good thing.

Depends on the label I believe. Frontier is in your local Walmart now. I grabbed Whitesnake - Live in Donnington 1990 (2 cd/1dvd) for $11.88, Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming for $10 & Whitesnake - Forevermore for $10.

Wow, that's awkward. Why's he doing it like that? I guess he'll make good coin off it for the copies he does sell, but surely there must have been plenty of the AOR/MHR labels interested in this if he wanted a wider distribution? I just had a look on the net via Google now and couldn't find where or how to buy the mofo. :(

yeah it's sad to see an independent release takes so expensive for us to buy.

Let's see if Mitch will hold a special promotion, probably we can suggest him through Facebook or email regarding this matter, and beside, it's for his benefit.

I saw it available @ NEH Records for $19.99, that didn't even include shipping. :(

I didn't even think to check Mitch's site, I may be able to save a few dollars going that route.

Ok, here is the info on how to order the CD direct from Mitch, lifted from his FB fan page:

You can now purchase Mitch Malloy II cd's from us by sending $18 per cd $15 each if you buy 2 or more. Make Payment via paypal to pranamusic@yahoo.com If you are in the states. If you are in Europe it's $20 per cd. You can also send a money order to Malloy Ent. P.O box 128052, Nashville Tn. 37212.

All prices include postage, so am guessing that $18 to US customers isnt too bad if you consider there's no separate P&P.

For those not in the US or Europe, I'd either just email that address and ask as they are pretty quick to reply from my experience, or contact Mitch direct through FB.

I have had a few chats with him on there since this CD came out, so unlike many "rock stars" on FB, he does actually bother to interact with people.

Also found them very cool to deal with as I had ordered the Best of CD a few months ago, and it failed to show up.

I contacted that email, and they said that Mitch remembered signing the CD, but may have forgotten to dispatch it and was very sorry, and then dispatched another copy without any hassle.

I ordered a copy and it works out at £12.50 inc p+p to the UK , so as Howdy says, just about standard for a CD over here.

Yup. Compare that to the Barbe-Q-Barbies CD I was gonna buy last year that works out at £19.60 when you include the postage, its a bargain.

I'd hate to think how much that CD would cost an American to buy.

Anyone actually own this thing? I like the soundbytes but the production sounds a bit weak, and am 50/50 on it.

I talked to him yesterday, it's $22 / cd to Indonesia, so I negotiate a bit and came down to $35 / 2 cds, so it's $17.5 / cd, quite high but not ultra expensive and no other option, so I asked a friend to join me on this and he agree.

The order went through this morning, let me report how's the production sound in 2-3 weeks, but judging from my 320kbps sample, it won't be much different.

I ordered it last week but still haven't heard a word from him or anyone if it's been shipped. I know he's over in Europe touring so I wonder if that means I'll have to wait a while to get it.

You'll probably have to wait as although someone else deals with a lot of it, Mitch signs them all and personalises them, so I guess that unless you specify non-signed, you will have to wait.

Its also possible that Mitch does the dispatching as well as whoever I spoke to via email (maybe his wife) said that when my Best of CD didnt show up that Mitch remembered signing it but may have forgotten to dispatch it.

You'll probably have to wait as although someone else deals with a lot of it, Mitch signs them all and personalises them, so I guess that unless you specify non-signed, you will have to wait.

Its also possible that Mitch does the dispatching as well as whoever I spoke to via email (maybe his wife) said that when my Best of CD didnt show up that Mitch remembered signing it but may have forgotten to dispatch it.

I sent a quick fb message to Mitch yesterday asking if it would be a while to get the cd. One word reply from him: "Patience..." :lol: