why the dislike for Firehouse O2

66 mustang

I am a huge fan of firehouse,and C.J. vocals. I do like this cd ,but the production and sound of the guitars and drums just don't do it for me.There is just something about that that throws me off a little.

I've always liked this album a lot and didn't know there wasn't much love for this one until seeing it mentioned on this forum. The only song I didn't like was the rapping in "The Dark" but besides that I dug every tune especially the last song.

I've always liked this album a lot and didn't know there wasn't much love for this one until seeing it mentioned on this forum. The only song I didn't like was the rapping in "The Dark" but besides that I dug every tune especially the last song.

Wow, Im surprised you didnt like that song. I love it, very heavy for Firehouse.

As for the album, I think it is great! Come to think of it, all of their albums are great!

Wow, Im surprised you didnt like that song. I love it, very heavy for Firehouse.

As for the album, I think it is great! Come to think of it, all of their albums are great!

I like the heaviness of the song but hate to hear CJ trying to rap.

Bar a couple of tracks, a good album. 'Loving You Is Paradise' is a great tune especially

Never really got into anything they did after Good Acoustics.

I remember one song called "Acid Rain" off Category 5, which I guess I kinda liked.

Category 5 was a "lighter" album with still a few good rockin tunes but it is a great album. Can't Stop the Rain, Bringing Me Down (Killer!), Acid Rain & maybe their best ballad ever, Dream.

Speaking of Firehouse, when is that new one suppose to come out?

Well I've been quite vocal through the years about my dislike of this album. I have to admit it's literally been a few years since I've heard this, so I can only really go from memory. I remember 'Jumpin' being one of the worst hard rock songs I've ever heard, with lyrics that made me want to neck my face. I think 'Take it Off' is almost just as bad, isn't it? Just looking at the track list, I can't recall 'Don't Fade on Me' well but I think it was a bland ballad, 'I'd Rather Be Making Love' was another track like the first two that I just hated, musically and especially lyrically, 'What You Can Do' is another one I can't remember but I think that was another one I strongly disliked, 'I'm in Love This Time' was an awful ballad I believe, I don't recall 'Unbelievable' and 'In the dark' was about my most hated song on the CD.

The only two things I got from this CD were 'Loving You Is Paradise' being a pretty nice ballad, and 'Call of the Night' was an absolute killer track - probably the single song that kept this in my collection.

Why the dislike for the CD? For me, it was because I thought most the songs were dreadful and the lyrics, even for Firehouse, were particularly awful on this album. Production wasn't great either and I just felt that overall it is by far the weakest Firehouse CD to date.