First real contender for best song of 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65vouRrEC8

'Oh My God' by Sixx: A.M.

Didn't honestly expect too much from this CD, but it's great... especially this track. People are calling this song Journey-esque and they don't sound far off. The guitarwork is amazing. Listen and love it.

The atmosphere and the guitars are HUGE, no kidding this has Neal Schon's style written all over it. Not a fan of the lyrics, way too descriptive and preachy.

Wow, very nice tune. To be honest I probably would have skipped over this album all together, but now I'm thinking I should give it a chance. I'm hearing a mix of Journey/U2/Bruce Springsteen. Kind of a strange way to describe it but that's what I'm hearing.

Its far more U2 than Journey IMO. Good song from a good follow up album, but song of 2011....Mmmmm.

There are far better songs about IMO.........

I agree the lyrics are a bit "gooey," for lack of a better word... and I am someone who has never and never will use the term "Oh my god" as I have a real problem with it, but all this aside, this song and I just really, really connected.

I agree, Glen, there's some great songs this year, especially from the likes of Trust Company, Miss Behaviour, Destrophy and Forever The Sickest Kids... but for me personally this is the first song to really make me stop, pull up my pants up and say 'Wow.'

And Wes, is there really any argument, or does this album just flat out smoke 'The Heroin Diaries?' Both good CDs, but this one is a big step up, imo.

Yeah it sounds okay. Wouldnt pick the album up though as I have the first one and it isn't great (what's with all the slow tunes?).

Yeah it sounds okay. Wouldnt pick the album up though as I have the first one and it isn't great (what's with all the slow tunes?).

Definitely a lot of slow ones on the debut, but the new one is pretty much a "proper" straight up modern rock disc. Much more uptempo (and therefore a more enjoyable overall listen).

while there's 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' feel at the beginning, I can hear a lot of notes from Journey's "Faithfully", especially on the guitar solo. Neal Schon might not like this, but yeah, a great song it is :christmas:

Wow this is awesome. And it does have Neal Schon all over it.