If you haven't seen it...

Jacob M.

I've been thinking about this for a while. If you haven't seen something does it really exist? I have been a few places in my life, but there are many more that I would like to go. I know Oklahoma exists because that's where I grew up. I've been to Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, and Arizona. I lived in Texas so I know that it exists. I've also lived in Oregon so I know at least parts of it exist. Is OKC still there? I haven't been there as an adult. It appears KC is a short 4 hour drive from where I live. If I take 169 North will I really find KC? Garth Brooks lives in my town, but I've never seen him. Tim lives in Tulsa, but I've never met him. Even if he's real I doubt I ever will. When I lived in Oregon I never met Dark Star. He only lived about 20 minutes from my location if he really exists.

Does any of this make sense? I may be grasping here.

Errrr ..... what have you been smoking ? Of course they exist ! You haven't been to Germany and it does exist, I can confirm. If you haven't seen the guys, why don't you grab a phone and give them a call ? I've met with Wotty, Jez & Nick and they live in the UK, and so has Mr. Blue Charvel, btw.

Just do it !!

Jacob... You either have way too much time on your hands or your brain works way more then anyone else I know. Maybe nothing exists... is it possible we all are just in the imagination of something bigger..?

Anyway... I know Jacob exists cuz I've met him. Or maybe I just met someone who believes they really exist.

Jacob.. you need to write a book. You come up with some strange stuff sometimes?

~ I've been wondering something. I've never seen a Jungle Blue CD... does it exist?

PS- I hope I will be able to sleep tonight. I may be awake all night left to ponder your question.... Wait... does sleep really exist anyway?

I've been thinking about this for a while. If you haven't seen something does it really exist? I have been a few places in my life, but there are many more that I would like to go. I know Oklahoma exists because that's where I grew up. I've been to Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, and Arizona. I lived in Texas so I know that it exists. I've also lived in Oregon so I know at least parts of it exist. Is OKC still there? I haven't been there as an adult. It appears KC is a short 4 hour drive from where I live. If I take 169 North will I really find KC? Garth Brooks lives in my town, but I've never seen him. Tim lives in Tulsa, but I've never met him. Even if he's real I doubt I ever will. When I lived in Oregon I never met Dark Star. He only lived about 20 minutes from my location if he really exists.

Does any of this make sense? I may be grasping here.

Only your town exists as you are in The Truman Show. Not sure how the TV Channel security allowed you to access the 'real' internet though...

;)

When I lived in Oregon I never met Dark Star. He only lived about 20 minutes from my location if he really exists.

I can vouch for Dark Star's actual existence on the physical plane. I went to college with the guy for four years. :lol:

...then again, you've never met ME so how would you know if I'm telling the truth? Do I really exist? Hell, do you? Do any of us? What if C-A-T really spelled "Dog?"

...Ouch. I think I have a brain cramp now. Thanks a lot, Jacob.

Seriously Jacob, please explain this more. Are you saying that you yourself is the only person in the world (if the world in fact does exist) that can verify the existence of something else? And even then you must be seeing it right at that moment to confirm it is still there? Are you saying that by seeing it with your own eyes is the only way you can confirm it is (still) there?

Like Swazi in Germany, I can confirm Auustralia is here, and that I too am here in it, with this laptop in an office in a place called Wetherill Park.

I know it's a cliche kind of question, but were you stoned or drunk when you did the original post? I like odd stuff but this one had me a little baffled, mate. :)

Or is it a matter of trust? Are you just simply saying that you don't trust anyone anywhere? For example, do you believe that the News is lying to you when it shows you events from all over the world? And if so, how are these broadcasts created? Who or what creates them if nothing else exists? Or do the broadcasts not exist either?

Seriously Jacob, please explain this more. Are you saying that you yourself is the only person in the world (if the world in fact does exist) that can verify the existence of something else? And even then you must be seeing it right at that moment to confirm it is still there? Are you saying that by seeing it with your own eyes is the only way you can confirm it is (still) there?

Like Swazi in Germany, I can confirm Auustralia is here, and that I too am here in it, with this laptop in an office in a place called Wetherill Park.

I know it's a cliche kind of question, but were you stoned or drunk when you did the original post? I like odd stuff but this one had me a little baffled, mate. :)

Sorry for the delay in responding. My mind has been consumed with another drama. There are two ways to see it and that is one of them. I believe it's possible that the world is only what we directly see around us. When we aren't looking at it it no longer exists. From my perspective maybe there is no such place as Germany or Australia. Swazi might be an A.I. that purports to live in Germany. Geoff could be a beer and nork loving A.I. (if A.I.'s like beer and norks) that claims to be in Australia. From either one of your points of view I may be an A.I. and that Tulsa doesn't really exist.

The other way to look at it is like a videogame. In games like rpgs and such you start off in a little area. That area on the map is lit up red and the rest is blacked out. As you explore more areas become visible on the map. The more you see the clearer the picture becomes. So my map would mostly be lit up around Northeastern Oklahoma. There would be small areas of Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas and so on. There would also be small dots on the map in Las Vegas and Salt Lake City since I went through their airports. Most of America would be blacked out since I haven't been there.

Can't say I was drunk mate. Just trying to explore mindbending possibilities.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...