Lillian Axe's new lead singer is..........

zacharyamelie

not yet determined, but they are close to a decision. I got the following news letter from the band.

Dear Axe Fans,

Lillian Axe is alive and well! We know we have been away for a awhile. We now have narrowed our search for a new singer down to two candidates and we will be announcing our new singer in January. We, along with our manager took our time going through numerous submissions and auditions to find the right man for the job and we are almost there. Please be patient and we know you will not be disappointed. We just wanted to make sure we have the right singer to help move Lillian Axe forward and to continue to make great music.

We are going to start 2011 with a full throttle assault. We are going to record a new song with our new singer that will be available for download so everyone can hear some new Lillian Axe! Then we will be hitting the road to tour and finally support Deep Red Shadows with a new set list and stage production with the same Lillian Axe intensity that will blow your minds.

The new Cuba Gooding Jr. movie, "The Hit List" will finally be released in March and features the single "47 Ways To Die" as the main song in the movie.

The entire Lillian Axe organization would like to wish everyone "happy holidays" and a "happy and healthy new year." 2011 is going to be a special time for Lillian Axe.

We love you all,

Steve, Sam, Eric & Ken.

Although I've pretty much lost total interest in what was my favorite band, I'm still curious to hear the new singer they'll find. My only hope is that the are deciding between Ron Taylor or Ron Taylor.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......o sorry, lol...like you said, I gave up caring a long time ago too. They spend so much time trying to be 'a little different' that they've rendered themselves irrelevant. God forbid they actually write something catchy these days ala "Love And War".

My only hope is that they are deciding between Ron Taylor or Ron Taylor.

:lol: QFT.

For some f*cked up reason, even after downloading and HATING 'Waters rising' I still picked up the actual physical CD recently, thankfully for about $2. I played it the other day and I am amazed at just how awful it truly is. :(

I don't hate their new stuff but it's just not the same when compared to the first four discs(five if you count that demo unreleased album) and the only thing that would truly excite me would be the return of the original singer.

Lefevre was vocally a good fit for the band in all honesty, but not even Ron Taylor himself could have saved those f*cking dreadful songs on the last two CDs.

Someone needs to smack Mr Blaze accross the face with a trout and let him know it's okay, he is allowed to make music that is not crap, depressing and dead. Maybe he is just depressed that Ron Taylor's no longer in the band and his return would liven things up again? I just hate how sombre they sound these days. It's not metal, but it's almost like doom rock if there's such a thing.

Maybe Taylor should start a new Lillian Axe! and look for a new guitarist, since I haven't given a fuck about a thing they've released for many years now, I wasn't even aware they still thought fans cared enough to look for a new singer, they have a much higher opinion of themselves then their fans do, its okay, they can make their $100 off the single with the new singer, then fade away into oblivion, where they've already been to me for a long long time! R.I.P. L.A. thank you for the Untouchable, unforgettable, and epic 4 gems that you burned into our minds until the day we die, now know when to take a bow and move off the stage!

Maybe Taylor should start a new Lillian Axe! and look for a new guitarist, since I haven't given a fuck about a thing they've released for many years now, I wasn't even aware they still thought fans cared enough to look for a new singer, they have a much higher opinion of themselves then their fans do, its okay, they can make their $100 off the single with the new singer, then fade away into oblivion, where they've already been to me for a long long time! R.I.P. L.A. thank you for the Untouchable, unforgettable, and epic 4 gems that you burned into our minds until the day we die, now know when to take a bow and move off the stage!

You may just be surprised at how many fans Lillian Axe still has. I have seen them maybe 4 or 5 time while Derrick was singing. The first was Rocklahoma where they may have had the largest crowd of any sidestage band besides Dirty Penny. The next time was at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. when they opened for RATT. The crowd was just as into Lillian Axe as they were into RATT. About 2 months later they came back to Jaxx as a headliner. The club was 3 quarters full (about 500) which is a great crowd for a weeknight. This past summer I saw them at the Rock N' America Festival... The pouring rain didn't keep the fans from staying for the full set.

Just saying... as far a 80's bands go... Lillian Axe is still very much respected by the fans. I've seen many 80's bands over the last few years who either didn't bring in the fans (LA Guns - P. Lewis) or didn't live up to the fans expectations (Ratt). From what I have seen... Lillian Axe has done both.

So.. yeah..I may be the only one here... but call me interested.

You may just be surprised at how many fans Lillian Axe still has. I have seen them maybe 4 or 5 time while Derrick was singing. The first was Rocklahoma where they may have had the largest crowd of any sidestage band besides Dirty Penny. The next time was at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. when they opened for RATT. The crowd was just as into Lillian Axe as they were into RATT. About 2 months later they came back to Jaxx as a headliner. The club was 3 quarters full (about 500) which is a great crowd for a weeknight. This past summer I saw them at the Rock N' America Festival... The pouring rain didn't keep the fans from staying for the full set.

Just saying... as far a 80's bands go... Lillian Axe is still very much respected by the fans. I've seen many 80's bands over the last few years who either didn't bring in the fans (LA Guns - P. Lewis) or didn't live up to the fans expectations (Ratt). From what I have seen... Lillian Axe has done both.

So.. yeah..I may be the only one here... but call me interested.

I would be interested as long as the new material has something in common with their early albums.

• 2 months later...

I received an e-mail from the band's website this morning with the news that they have a new singer has been annouced. I'm still not overly excited from the sample provided, his voice is fine but the music is as dreary as ever. I've all but given up on the band that was my fav band.

New singer announced

Sounds like the last few albums all over again.

Dammit Steve.... we want LOVE AND WAR era AXE. The new shit don't hold a candle to the old shit.

It's sad that I'm just not even going to bother anymore as long as comments like these are viewed by my eyeballs. I honestly just can't be bothered to waste eartime with them unless they make a legitimate attempt to create good music again.

we surely can't judge an album by merely a sample, but I myself also kinda skeptical of their upcoming album, even though it's still too fast to shoot right now, let's see how it progresses :)

I mean I even like "Water's Rising", "Sad Day On Planet Earth" and "Deep Red Shadows", but the dreary gloomy shit gets old disc after disc. Like I said before, Steve shouldn't call this Lillian Axe. It's nothing even close to what Lillian Axe was. He's tarnishing their legacy.

It wouldn't even matter if Ron Taylor was singing on these albums. It's still the music that has you wondering what the fuck Steve is thinking.

If you want to do Near Life Experience, do it. But don't have NLE's music with another band and call it Lillian Axe.

I mean I even like "Water's Rising", "Sad Day On Planet Earth" and "Deep Red Shadows", but the dreary gloomy shit gets old disc after disc. Like I said before, Steve shouldn't call this Lillian Axe. It's nothing even close to what Lillian Axe was. He's tarnishing their legacy.

It wouldn't even matter if Ron Taylor was singing on these albums. It's still the music that has you wondering what the fuck Steve is thinking.

If you want to do Near Life Experience, do it. But don't have NLE's music with another band and call it Lillian Axe.

Backed on all counts.

:agree: 100%

we surely can't judge an album by merely a sample

I fully agree with you on this, but by the same token, if you want people to buy the new album, surely you let them hear the best/most catchy song(s) first.

This is why bands release singles prior to to an album release. They dont pick songs that are unlikely to chart and are also likely to sell people on buying their album.

Maybe this is just the only song they have fully recorded, but unless they thought this was the song was most representative of the upcoming album, they should have held off until something was recorded that is.

I will be the first to admit that I havent bought a LA album since Poetic Justice (and I am one of the few who thinks that is the best of the first 3) as what I have heard since has not impressed me, but this sounds like its not going to do anything to change that for me.