new UNRULY CHILD album in October

TIM (2)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't quite get the meaning of the video, but the song sounds ok. Could do with a little more "power", though ....

I didn't quite get the meaning of the video, but the song sounds ok. Could do with a little more "power", though ....

Yeah that whole rollercoaster stuff is a bit odd. Top tune though, great keys...

Everything takes money.

Chances are the record was made with gear owned by one of the band members. Producers and big recording complexes cost money that our genre doesn't have.

Funny nobody was complaining about production in the 80s when everything was soaked in gated reverb and electric drum pads.

Bar the first 2 songs, which I wasn't keen on at all, the rest is really very good.

spot on mate. The first 2 songs had me worried, but i was well pleased by the end. & there are at least 4 gems, although ive only been through twice. Cheers

I agree with you guys about tracks 1 and 2. They both suck ass pretty much.

I'm more of a metalhead but I do like Unruly Child a lot. The rest of the disc is very very good. Those first 2 tracks should have been left off the disc.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. That video so bothers me. What the hell. Is he a she or is she a he? Love his voice. I will use he because it sounds like Mark Free. I listened to this all day while doing yard work. I don't hate it it but there seems to me something missing. Not sure what it is. Maybe a set of balls. :whistle:

Damn. That video so bothers me. What the hell. Is he a she or is she a he? Love his voice. I will use he because it sounds like Mark Free. I listened to this all day while doing yard work. I don't hate it it but there seems to me something missing. Not sure what it is. Maybe a set of balls. :whistle:

Ouch!

I still haven't heard it but will order it sometime before Xmas I'm sure.

I received this one in the mail yesterday, it's pretty good. The first 2 tracks are the fillers...bad way to start, but lots of class tracks follow, my fav ones are When We Were Young, Love Is Blind, When Worlds Collide, Read My Mind and despite having a hard to watch video the track Very First Time is also excellent. Will this make my top 10 at years end, I doubt it. Too many stronger cd's have been released this year.

I received this one in the mail yesterday, it's pretty good. The first 2 tracks are the fillers...bad way to start, but lots of class tracks follow, my fav ones are When We Were Young, Love Is Blind, When Worlds Collide, Read My Mind and despite having a hard to watch video the track Very First Time is also excellent. Will this make my top 10 at years end, I doubt it. Too many stronger cd's have been released this year.

Hey!! Totally agree with ya on this. I've been jamming out to this for the last few days and it's definitely some very fine melodic hard rock. I only wish it had a little beefier sound to it. It's definitely a very growing disc. Still hate tracks 1 + 2 though. The verses and groove are fine but both choruses are terrible.

Hey!! Totally agree with ya on this. I've been jamming out to this for the last few days and it's definitely some very fine melodic hard rock. I only wish it had a little beefier sound to it. It's definitely a very growing disc. Still hate tracks 1 + 2 though. The verses and groove are fine but both choruses are terrible.

Yea a little more laid back than the classic debut but still very good MHR with some great songs and Marcie sounds like she never stopped singing.

I've lived with this one for a while now and I think it's killer. Agree with everyone else about the first two tracks being awful, and "Talk To Me" is pretty lame too, but otherwise there are a stack of great tunes on this. Stunning vocals too. I think the production is great and it's sounds crystal clear, though clearly the rhythm guitar suffers in the mix quite a lot - just like on their debut. But, unlike Beau Hill's production of their debut, at least the vocals (the best part of this band) are high in the mix. Easily Top 3 of 2010 for me...

• My Little Pony

I know I'm alone here but I like track two "Insane".

Andrew, of Melodicrock, lists that as one of his favourites, so, no, you're not alone.

I've only heard it once and I recall the first 2 tracks weren't great but I don't think I thought they were as bad as most thought. Overall, sounded like a very strong CD. Looking forward to more spins.

The first 2 tracks have definitely grown on me....Insane actually has a real nice guitar intro which i love. and Show Me the Money aint too bad, although the hook could be better.

Everything from track 3 is great IMO. In particular 'When We Were Young', 'Love Is Blind', 'Worlds Collide', 'Read My Mind' and 'The First Time' are amongst the best tracks ive heard all year.

A winner in my book.